bAdminAtEnd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Hi there

According to the documentation, the ut2vote admin is allowed admin access during the voting process at the end of a match.

Can this be extended to the full server admins too i.e. those that use ADMINLOGIN instead of MUTATE UT2VOTELOGIN ??

Many thanks.

ArPharazon
#goc

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
One of the big reasons for the default swich to disable serveradmin at endgame voting is that his vote is law. People may or may not remember to logout.. if they don't, they veto everyone's vote and tick people off.

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
I dont see the value of preventing the serveradmin from having full access during the voting process because they could simply make those changes [increase/decrease spectators/maxplayers, or change a game rule setting] when the next map starts anyway. This is far more likely to piss people off imho. The difference here is that now you pissed the admin off too because they had to wait a map before they could apply their settings.

I usually have to do this - wait until the map changes so i can change it from clanbase settings (passworded, 0 spectators, max players = 10, force respawn off, players must be ready on) to public settings (i.e. no password, spectators = 2, max players = 12, force respawn on, players must be ready off). This is just for ctf - we used to compete in the ONS and DM ladders, and both have different rules for the league than what people are used to when playing on a public server (if you see what i mean).

All this could be solved with additional profiles of course, but to be honest - no one wants to use the gamemake solution because those games get logged to epic stats as a 'custom gametype'. [yes - i'm a stat whore :) ]

Clan setup is a good idea, but in practice its pretty much a waste of time because its far quicker to modify the gametype profile than go thru the clan setup wizard.

In any event, this is meant to be an admin tool - yet the admin's power is cut (so to speak)....

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
you use the game-settings-menu to setup a clanmatch? strange...
well, so you don't have any clanadmins, setting up clanwars etc but not having full ut2vote-admin rights, because that's exactly, what it's used for. Using special gametypes and clanmatch is the way it should be used. If you prefer another way, it's your right, to do so, but it's also your probleme, if things don't work the way you'd like it to...
If all your admins, setting up clan-matches have admin-rights, why don't you use batch-files? they are much quicker and easy to handle...
and regarding the stats, we use local stats-logging and utstatsdb, so we can offer the stats for all our servers on our homepage...

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Yes - because its faster than using clan setup.

It would be preferable to simply switch profiles and have the settings applied - but alas the problem then is that the EPIC stats get fubared.

I use utstatsdb too btw - and it uses the game name rather than the gameclass so no worries there. (simply need to go into the db and edit a field in the gametype record to have it associated with a default gameclass).

Ultimately, its the EPIC stats that we would like to preserve and not have them screwed up with weird custom games simply because we had a 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 ictf...