AI turrets vs Manned Turrets

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kabs-BUB

Oct 11, 2005
the AI controlleed turrets all suck when they use the link or mothership because at long distance, the time that it takes for the projectile to travel makes it never hit the target (think Mothership)
and also, the mothership turret never seems to use alt-fire to shield
very dumb indeed
just don't make any AI energy turrets or Ion Cannons.
they'd slaughter like %&*)

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Bellasadda said:
The thing that I really hate is when an enemy builds a turret right next to your spawn point. This happens a lot in black gold.

This is going to be fixed in the maps, with noturret zones

However i just had an idea....

"Team NoTurret Zones"

example:
Defenders cannot build turrets in the attackers spawn area, but attackers can

or attackers would be allowed to build turrets in places where defenders cannot to help push the attack forward such as along paths.

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
FluXs said:
This is going to be fixed in the maps, with noturret zones

However i just had an idea....

"Team NoTurret Zones"

example:
Defenders cannot build turrets in the attackers spawn area, but attackers can

or attackers would be allowed to build turrets in places where defenders cannot to help push the attack forward such as along paths.

Good idea.. Just that "defender-turrets-only-zones" could become BAD chokepoints..

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
The new hud can indicate when youre standing in a no-turret-zone. Additionally you will still get the audio-error-message when you try to build a turret in a no-turret zone.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Let's just be careful we don't nerf them too much. I have found that people will complain about a certain item so much that the items gets nerfed to a point were people will complain about the exact opposite following the "update".

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
We haven't really nerfed the turrets much, instead we've just created ways of getting around them easier :)

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
FoxDF said:
I think they are ok right now, and the emp grenade will be a good counter to turrets.
I realy like the ammo idea :D

If they add limited ammo at least let the Medic reload the gun also. It gets tiring being the Mechanic who builds everything, fixes everything, sets traps for everything, refills everything....

You get the idea. Or let any class refill but at a slower rate than the mechanic.

Thanks,
Kharn

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
We did add limited ammo for turrets, but it got removed a few codes back. Because there is emp and aver turrets to take out turrets easier.

Last edited: