AFA2 password protected

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
I vote no to password protection... I'd rather see a couple more trustworthy regulars with admin privileges.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by McMuffin
I vote no to password protection... I'd rather see a couple more trustworthy regulars with admin privileges.

I agree. Not to mention we will show ourselves like some kind of 1337 bastards to others communities.

Why not give admin privileges to some clan's chief or trusted regulars who knows how to use them (and cool minded) ? I was thinking of Ghost but also guys like Lolo-Konijn (for euros) or some others.
And why hasn't Rogue (Sidewinder) these privileges ?

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
More people than you think have admin powers for AFA2. And even when we aren't in game, we could always be watching from above. Whenever I am doing work on my computer, I try to keep an eye on the server just for that reason, so lamers don't get out of hand.

Gremlin

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
Passwording AFA2 would be a shame. I just started playing Infiltration this week and I found AFA2 to be a great server for newbies because theres a lot of teamwork.

On other servers everyone goes off and does their own thing and I found myself dying a lot because I was often on my own, but by sticking with the team on AFA its a lot easier to stay alive and actually enjoy the game.

Anyway, its a great server and I haven't played on any other since I discovered it.

PS: I'll apologise now in advance for any accidental TK's - sorry :(

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
I go with no password protection for both AFA2 and {GD}1. We just need a few good (read : fair) admins for both. We already have those for AFA2 and I think that the 'lamer-ness' is minimal compared to other servers and I think the same would work for our server. I wish we could make a sticky 'Newbie' thread in General, first rule being 'PLAY OFFLINE FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS.' From what I've seen that's the biggest problem as of now, people joining up as first-timers.

My $.02 :)

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Hellooow Gremlin.

As long as a tk isn't done on purpose and you apology online for it, there is no problem. Any vet already tk once and will tk more. S<b></b>hit happens, like in real life (I should say in the US army :D ).

Anyway, welcome. You look tasty. I'm going to AFA2 now, don't you want to come ? I'm in need for blood! :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
// peachz :
That won't happen ... as people are too impatient.
Only if Inf itself wouldn't enable the 'on-line' part of the game until you've played it for X amount of time ... would anyone follow that 'rule' ...

Even better :
You're forced to spend a certain amount on the shooting range each week. If you don't then you're not allowed to play on-line ;)

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Excellent! Im glad to see that when i come back to this thread after an enormous amount of sleep, it has not degenerated into a flame war and noone's said im an ass(though im sure you all think that :p ). Well, anyway the purpose of this thread, and all good threads in this forum, is to get people thinking and to have the conversation flow in a appropriate manner. :) After reading your replies ive decided that passwording is most likely not the answer, I think JaFo said it best. I guess i was just a bit too frustrated last night cause i wanted to play some late nite INF with some chums, and that was being interupted. It was probably sleep deprivation also :p Well, keep this thread going its always good to get new ideas and viewpoints. You learn someting new everyday. :) For instance i didnt know there was going to be a ghostdog's server :eek: Sweet....

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Allow me to make myself clear.

Under no uncertain circumstances, will this become a private only server.

The server shall only ever be passworded, when there may be a clan practice going on. This is not to say it is a bad idea, hell, I've thought about it myself. However, the very reasons why this has not happened already is as Tiffy has stated. AFA has a mission, and believe it or not, the AFA is a clan, not a server. :D

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by MadWoffen
Hellooow Gremlin.

As long as a tk isn't done on purpose and you apology online for it, there is no problem. Any vet already tk once and will tk more. S<b></b>hit happens, like in real life (I should say in the US army :D ).

See what I mean ?

This is Ghost Dog clan. They try to play as close as they can of the real US army, with friendly fires and all this stuff... :p :D

P.S.: how does it come I had no stat ? Afa2 bug ? (another one)

Gremlin

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
lol madwoffen...
Just a warning, I'm crap with grenades - usually it just bounces straight back at me :(
So if you see me with one (and are on my team) either run like hell, or remind me not to use them...

Although Stormcaller has already spoken on the matter, I would like to add my voice to those opposing password protection. It is annoying to have clueless noobs and not-so-noobs come on the server and complain about this and that. However, I remember the first time I played with RA, I found it awfully strange. I had never heard of RA, but I quickly (after a few gripes) became a convert.

I would hate to turn people off the server before they have had a chance to experience what a great server AFA2 is and what fantastic bunch of people play on it (gosh darn, I'm getting all teary eye'd... ha! no f*cking chance!)

Anyway, I think we should have few more people as admins so we can be sure that we can deal with the real trouble makers as they crop up. Otherwise I think things are going pretty well.

Mucus, M.D.