admins cannot make changes while a vote is in progress

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Hi

When an admin is ingame on the server he should have full rights to do whatever he needs to do, and whenever he wants to. At present, any player can interrupt what the admin is doing by initiating any type of vote - and this is extremely annoying / frustrating to say the least.

Please change this so that when an admin logs in, if there is a voting session in progress then that voting session is cancelled automatically, thereby allowing the admin to make whatever changes they desire (e.g. maxplayers, password, spec slots, etc etc).

Additionally, if an admin has logged in, then voting should be disabled until the admin has logged out.

Please consider this request for the next release.

Many thanks!

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
We had it this way in the beginning (UT2Vote16) I think it was but it caused chaos at game end when voting was in process.
I can possibly make it so it functions the way you want it during the game (with an option) but at game end its not possible at this stage.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
ProAsm said:
We had it this way in the beginning (UT2Vote16) I think it was but it caused chaos at game end when voting was in process.
I can possibly make it so it functions the way you want it during the game (with an option) but at game end its not possible at this stage.
In the UT2Vote50, the admin can cancel a vote and do his thing as he wishes.

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
How do you cancel the vote? Its not documented anywhere ...

I have tested this, and an admin simply cannot make any changes once the game-end vote (or any vote) has begun.

ProASM, please change it so that if/when an admin logs in - it cancels whatever vote is in progress. When the admin logs out (and has not initiated a vote after they finished), then if its at game-end, ut2vote should re-initiate the vote process as per normal.

Thanks.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The problem comes in that on many servers the Admin is almost present all the time, hence the reason why there now is a Force button in the Games menu when an Admin is logged in so when he selects a Game it just works as normal as before it just ignored everyone and switched to it as he is Admin, now he needs to click the Force button if he wants it to do as before.
Also as Imaginos says, there is now also a CancelVote button that the Admin can cancel all voting if he wants to, again for the reason when he's logged on.
It causes shear chaos when the Admin is present and especially if he's logged in.
I have now made it that voting is not possible if a VoteAdmin is present but only during the game.
At game end it goes to what its like in UT2Vote50 as explained above as there is a whole new can of worms that come into play at game end and at this stage it just has to stay the way it is.
If it bothers you so much, rather just bring up the Setup Menu and hit the Pause key and pause the game completely till you done :D

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
The thing is - when the game ends, pausing wont help because you cannot bring up the ut2vote dialog, i.e. you get the message 'please wait ...<something something something>'.

When the vote dialog is displayed, clicking 'cancelvote' simply dismisses it - you dont get the option to change any gametype settings.

In other words - cancelvote at game end is pointless, ditto for pausing.