A silenced sniper rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
OK I must first say I am a professional sniper. In INF of course ;) That is all I use unless its extremely CQB like in Siberia but even there I would use my Robar hipped if so many ppl didnt cry.

Now the reason I mention this is when I am sniping, even if they hear the shot if I dont nail them in the first shot then the sound of the bullet will scare em away. Besides I never miss :D I range between 80-100% accuracy always. Also if there is more than one person when I shoot one even if it was a suppresed shot form a surpressed sniper rifle when his buddy hits the dirt I guarrentee he runs for his life. Besides there is nothing more satisfying for my boys in GD than to hear that unique "thunk" of my RC50 and knowing I just downed a tango.

Also the other problem with using a surpressed sniper rifle is the subsonic ammo. Lets say my target is 600 feet away. Ive taken shots even farther. Now lets say im using this subsonic ammo. That means my bullet travels around 650MPH. It will take almost an ENTIRE second for it to get to the target! That mean he has an entire second to move and "dodge" my shot! No way do I want that. I want ammo that zips at 3000-4000 feet per second! Then it will get there in a split second and the tango is gone. So a real sniper who knows what he is doing and knows to relocate after a kill or two to avoid detection will not want a silenced sniper rifle. End of story.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Personaly I think that as the MSG-90 has a RL suppressor attachment it should be modelled when they make the transition from the PSG-1.

After wich it's up to you if you don't want to use it. I thought that was the idea behind inf.

OICW is a very bad suggestion. Have a look at the OICW post in this forum.

Yes of course we need more weapons ...... you ALWAYS need more weapons. But hey there's time.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
A dedicated suppressed sniper rifle is much smaller and lighter than RC50 though :) They are chambered in calibers such as 9x39mm or .22LR, nothing as monstrous as .50BMG. Look for yourself (source - AmmoGuide):

EzeKeiL

Marksmen
Feb 26, 2002
with ur mom
Visit site
holy crap .50 cal ammo is huge

:tdown: oh yes and i now know the errors of my ways suggesting that weapon sorry for the idea but hey if it actually becomes a u.s. military weapon then maybe well see it in inf. 5.87

:stick:

Last edited:

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
I'm going to be lazy and not look things up, but IIRC speed of sound at sea level is in the neighbourhood of 1100 fps. Again being really lazy, IIRC your "average" 7.62x51 load out of your "average" rifle is in the high 2000's (i wanna say around 2750). That's a fairly big difference I suppose, but umm.. nobody is going to be dodging bullets, even with well modelled time of flight and subsonic rounds. Of course, you may have a little trouble with adjusting how much to lead with a subsonic round, but that's another story...

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
EzeKeiL, if you're really 15 years old, then you need to lay off the computer and do some studying. Speed of sound: 330m/s (slightly varies with temperature and pressure in Earth's atmosphere), that's approximately 1100fps in imperial. A mile is approximately 1600 meters, which rounds out to 5300 feet. MPH, for your information, is Miles Per Hour. An hour is 3600 seconds. 650 miles per hour is approximately 950 feet per second, which is right under speed of sound. Most supersonic rifle ammo has a muzzle velocity in the area of 800-900m/s, which is around 3000fps in imperial, though there's some (such as SLAP rounds) that go up to 50% higher.

Anyway, if you're taking a shot at 200 meters, which is about the longest range there is in Inf, a subsonic bullet will take about 0.6 of a second to travel to target, while a .50BMG FMJ will take about 0.2.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Btw, welcome to the community, EzeKeiL. It may seem kind of harsh at times, and some people will flame, but for the most part we're a pretty decent bunch. You can also learn quite a bit here if you want to - I know a lot of people have learned a lot about firearms and infantry tactics over the last couple of years due to a combination of getting the information from people who have first hand experience and also becoming more motivated to do the research.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Ok that sound about right. I had no intentions of figuring that crap out since I dont have to worry about it because my bullets are huge. Anyway there is a huge difference between .2 and .6 seconds and you could easily "dodge" a bullet at these speed differences. For instance: Someone sprinting, you would not be able to time it as easily at .6 seconds to connect as with .2. Obviously hitting a target standing still wouldnt make a difference but 80% of the time the tango is a moving target... Hence I could use all the speed I can get!

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
On one hand, there's the difference between 0.2 and 0.6 seconds, on the other is a (relatively) lightweight rifle with 20rd detachable mag and full-auto capability for emergencies... I'm talking about VSS Vintorez by the way. If you take OC-13 Groza, then it's a reduction in accuracy, in exchange for a bullpup weapon with 30rd mags and grenade launcher option - suppressed grenade launcher :)

Scythe

I'd rather die than give you control.
Jan 13, 2001
about 30ft behind you.
Visit site
for yall's information: a mile is 5280ft. a meter is 3 feet three inches, a kilogram is 2.2lbs and a kilometer is approxamitely 0.62mi.
I believe the speed of sound is about 760MPH
OicW is a bad execution of a good Idea.
Welcome to the forum ziek
I think we should get a flash supressor for any rifle that has one IRL. Especially once we get NV goggles and have night maps.

well hope this helped.

EzeKeiL

Marksmen
Feb 26, 2002
with ur mom
Visit site
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was the funniest thing i have ever seen!!!

micronuclear technology!!
man i wish that was real!!!

i want to blow a city up!!!

everyone go visit that site and download the video clip!!:D :redeemer:

EDIT: yes i figured out it was a joke and that last post was for something else oh yes and one more thing it was a bad i dea coming here to post crap but its all my dads fault for grounding me from inf for 2 weeks or else i would have never done this. oh well bed time.

Last edited: