A Better Homepage Update - The Bonuspack!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Doorcharges are fun, made a few loadouts with them.

I am training with the G36k, it's alot of fun to use. The g3 is just plain weird I think, it doesn't feel like a battle rifle at all, somehow... But I guess we all have our favourites.

Good job mateys. I love the scope on the G36k, it's alot of fun using it.

Falke

May 28, 2001
Germany
Visit site
The knockback of the G3 is way to low in the game, if you shoot in a wall in front of you its nearly the same pattern like the 5.56mm guns. (And the sight is set to 300m the standard value should be 200m (or 100m in woods or similar terrain))

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
First impressions:

Dullrocks2 is an awesome map. I foresee lots of fun there. Pueblo and Raid are fine cqb maps, they are well done. I still have to try Bocage.

G36k is the best thing since sliced bread. A bit hard to use in the beginning, but I believe i will use it often. I love the dual optics (one with red aimpoint with green filter and the other the integrated acog). G3 is a goddamn big rifle! :O In this weapon I like how the sights are misaligned when you move a lot, and how they aligne again if you aim precisely (hold secundary button).

Question: Microuzi vs Miniuzi. what is the best? It´s seems to me that the main difference is the rof and the weight, both are bigger in Miniuzi.

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
The micro-uzi shouldn't be effective beyond 30 - 50 meters (like pistols), and the mini uzi shouldn't be effective beyond 100 meters.

Of course this is INF so neither apply :p
I prefer the sights of the mini uzi for some reason, and it seems to just have a better feel to it. The micro uzi feels like a toy...

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
ive just had my fun with the weapons - great job SS team :)

however - there were some things that really hit me while i fired off at the shooting range:

-the MP5k was positioned way too close to the camera - the MP5 10/40 is much further away from the camera.

-the G3 and Miniuzi didnt look like they had a shooting animation - the rifles just went up as you shoot with no backwards motion. maybe my pc is too slow to play the animations (as shown in the MP5k on my pc - when i shoot into the sky i see the recoil in the animation, when i shoot parallel to the ground i dont :hmm: )..

-the dot on the G36 reflex sight didnt look like it was on centre

-and the front sight on the AT looked like it disappeared when you tried to aim it.

im going back to have some bot action on the maps, great stuff man keep it up SS :D !

Turin_Turambar

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Beppo, I have a problem.

I can´t use the QA key with the miniuzi or the door breaching charges. I can choose them like the pistols or the nades with the QA menu for their posterior use, yes, but after i press the quickaction key to change to miniuzi or to put a door charge... and nothing happens. Nothing. I change the QA to a normal nade, and of course the nade works like always. It´s only the new stuff.

Ah, the new pickup systems works well.

Mutators used: only the bonuspak, i dropped all the rest to reduce problems.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The G36K reflex (reddot?) sight is not a CQB sight in any way. And the scope is way to small.
But nice job. The 1911 rockxzed.

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
That is probably the G36k, because of the double sights it is hard to see anything, but as long as you keep your potential thread through the sights you will be allright.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
mat69 said:
7-zip is not zip Beppo, its compression rate is far better.
hehe, I know... my reply had nothing to do with this ya know. I only said that the standard zip we used for the maunal zip version compressed higher than the internal compression of the used installer software. I haven't compared it to 7-zip at all, tho ;)
Falke said:
The knockback of the G3 is way to low in the game, if you shoot in a wall in front of you its nearly the same pattern like the 5.56mm guns. (And the sight is set to 300m the standard value should be 200m (or 100m in woods or similar terrain))
Well I fired a G3 myself a bunch of years ago and you can find video material from HK where a guy in a german uniform fires on full auto without moving too much around.
Sure there is this video of that untrained fella that tried to fire it and got almost knocked back... but this only happens if yo do not know how to handle a rifle like the G3.
The sight is set to 300m, well... why not ;) We trained on 200m and 300m settings all the time tho.
Turin_Turambar said:
Beppo, I have a problem.

I can´t use the QA key with the miniuzi or the door breaching charges. I can choose them like the pistols or the nades with the QA menu for their posterior use, yes, but after i press the quickaction key to change to miniuzi or to put a door charge... and nothing happens. Nothing. I change the QA to a normal nade, and of course the nade works like always. It´s only the new stuff.

Ah, the new pickup systems works well.

Mutators used: only the bonuspak, i dropped all the rest to reduce problems.
Please make sure that the INF_Bonus.ini file is installed to your system folder. If needed, then compare it to the one attached.
Psychomorph said:
The G36K reflex (reddot?) sight is not a CQB sight in any way. And the scope is way to small.
But nice job. The 1911 rockxzed.
The scope is small yes, but the scales used on it are matching the actual distances within the game. If it would be bigger, then the scales would be way off. This way everything fits. You will get familiar with this setup pretty fast for sure.

Attachments

• INF_BonusINI.zip
    292 bytes · Views: 18

Turin_Turambar

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Beppo said:
Please make sure that the INF_Bonus.ini file is installed to your system folder. If needed, then compare it to the one attached.

Ok...

Yes, i have the ini. Yes, it´s the same, compared to the attachment file.

this:

[INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus]
MutateDoQuickAction="bonusdoqa"
QAClasses[0]="INF_Bonus.INF_1911"
QAClasses[1]="INF_Bonus.INF_MiniUzi"
QAClasses[2]="INF_Bonus.INF_MiniUziSup"
QAClasses[3]="INF_Bonus.INF_MP5K"
QAClasses[4]="!INF_Bonus.INF_nBC"
QATextures[0]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIcon1911'
QATextures[1]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconUZI'
QATextures[2]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconUZI'
QATextures[3]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconMP5K'
QATextures[4]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconDBC'

update, i have a friend (he plays with the name 'schizoid' or 'duttun') with the same bug... eerr... problem. ;)

Last edited:

Falke

May 28, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Beppo said:
Well I fired a G3 myself a bunch of years ago and you can find video material from HK where a guy in a german uniform fires on full auto without moving too much around.
Sure there is this video of that untrained fella that tried to fire it and got almost knocked back... but this only happens if yo do not know how to handle a rifle like the G3.
From my personal experience the knockback from the G3 is much harder then the knockback from an 5.56mm Rifle. And even for our theoritical INF-Supersoldier a 5.56mm Rifle should be easier to control then a G3.

Do you have a link for the HK G3 shooter video?

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Turin_Turambar said:
Ok...

Yes, i have the ini. Yes, it´s the same, compared to the attachment file.

this:

[INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus]
MutateDoQuickAction="bonusdoqa"
QAClasses[0]="INF_Bonus.INF_1911"
QAClasses[1]="INF_Bonus.INF_MiniUzi"
QAClasses[2]="INF_Bonus.INF_MiniUziSup"
QAClasses[3]="INF_Bonus.INF_MP5K"
QAClasses[4]="!INF_Bonus.INF_nBC"
QATextures[0]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIcon1911'
QATextures[1]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconUZI'
QATextures[2]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconUZI'
QATextures[3]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconMP5K'
QATextures[4]=texture'INF_Bonus.Icons.INF_BonusQAIconDBC'

update, i have a friend (he plays with the name 'schizoid' or 'duttun') with the same bug... eerr... problem. ;)
Maybe you are one of the 'lucky' guys out there that either have used the installer, but have all Alias' used up already. OR, you are one of the manual zip users and did not applied the changes 'suggested' within the ADD*.ini files that can be found in the Infiltration folder of the zip.
you need to have something like this here in your InfiltrationUser.ini file:
Code:
Aliases[25]=(Command="mutate bonusdoqa | DoQuickAction",Alias=DoQuickAction)

Falke said:
From my personal experience the knockback from the G3 is much harder then the knockback from an 5.56mm Rifle. And even for our theoritical INF-Supersoldier a 5.56mm Rifle should be easier to control then a G3.

Do you have a link for the HK G3 shooter video?
page: http://www.hkpro.com/g3.htm
video: http://www.hkpro.com/video/G3.mov (requires QuickTime, 3.4 MB)