2.9: No sound under Mac OS 9

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Damn... I suck at these things.. Still I dont know exactly what to do even if I understand I now have the basic info above... Hmm...

Horstel said...
j= set to_m60 firesound Sound'TODatas.Weapons.PSG1fire'| set to_ragingbull firesound Sound'TODatas.Weapons.deagle_Fire1' | set to_hksmg2 firesound Sound'TODatas.Weapons.mp5silenced' | set to_m16 firesound Sound'TODatas.Weapons.hk33fire'

...Now I try to understand how I transform that tacticlaOps-stuff to Inf-stuff using the data above.,. If someone understand these things easy as chewing gum please help me out so I don't have to play Sherlock Holmes! :)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
and again :)
open up your infiltrationuser.ini file search for the keybind you want to use (ie the 'j=') and then use the following...

j=set INFc_Weapon animFire.AsscSound Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire'
and/or
k=set INFc_Weapon FireDistSound Sound'INF_Assets2.Distance.INF_Away_762x39'
and/or
l=set INFc_Weapon FireDistFarSound Sound'INF_Assets2.Distance.INF_FarAway_762x39'

then hit these keys while playing within the shooting range and check the firing sounds of the different weapons.

you can use these commands manually on the console too of course... (without the 'j=' then of course)

Last edited:

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
As I said I really suck at ini-filefixing... I have now tried many things.

First I tried to do exactly what u write Beppo but still no sound... Then I tried to dissect the logic in the first TacticalOps-example and as I understand it the first thing after "j=set" is what are about to be changed and the things after, inside the 'xxxxx' marks what it should be changed to...

The example...

j= set to_m60 firesound Sound'TODatas.Weapons.PSG1fire'

means the m60 sets to the same firesound as the psg90.

So I put up a limited goal To START WITH (just to understand the logic in it); to give sound to the SIG from the FAMAS. Since the first thing after "j= set" are what about to be changed it feels as Beppos line...

...are wrong since the SIG come last instead of first... Am I right?

The I tried to figure out what should be typed to represent the basically the followingh line in a correct way...

j=set SIG'FAMAS'

...ofcourse this is wrong but u understand how I was thinking I suppose? I tried many ways to write it; for example this...

j=set INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire'INF_Assets.Weapons.INFc_FAMASFire'

...After entering ShootingRange and choosing the SIG and press J the SIG still are silent as a mouse...

Can someone help me out?

Last edited:

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
do not try to interpret this too much ;)

the stuff I used are class name, the variable name and the new value for this variable (in this case a sound)

so:

set class_name variable_name new_value

means:
Set the variable animFire.AsscSound of ALL objects of class INFc_Weapon including its subclasses to use the new value of Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire' that in this case is a full sound definition.

Well the struct does not allow a direct setting like I mentioned above unfortunately... for structs you have to use the following...

an example that sets the firing sound of every existing* weapon within the map to use the DE50s mag_in sound:

set INFc_Weapon animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_DE50_MagIn')
or its firing sound
set INFc_Weapon animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_DE50_Firing')

* remember that in the shooting range the weapons are newly created at the time you grab them so you need to hit your key bind after you grabbed and placed them into your inventory.

Last edited:

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
I will REALLY try to understand what u telling me (us) but I'm I right if I interpret it as your "formula" will change the sound of all weapons to the one weaponsound your formula "point" at?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it feels as this...

means:
Set the variable animFire.AsscSound of ALL objects of class INFc_Weapon including its subclasses to use the new value of Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire' that in this case is a full sound definition.

...will change the sound of all weapons to the sounds of the SIG? I'm I right? In that case it will not work since the SIG-sound is one of the sounds that doesn't work.

LET'S BE MORE CONCRETE: I wanna give at least some kind of sound to the follwoing wepons:

-the minimi
-Sig
-P90
-AKMSU

Since other sounds are working fine I don't wanna destroy them.

With this in mind, can you Beppo or someone else tell me exactly what to it should be written in the INI-file?

Me and other Mac-users would be SOOOOO HAPPY!!!

-

Last edited:

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
the class names and variable names of the weapons are all listed in my previous posts...

the minimi:
j=set INFc_Minimi animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire')
the p90:
k=set INFc_P90 animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire')

understood? I guess :)

[edit] some more that should reduce the number of sound slots for you...

l=set INFc_Weapon FireDistSound Sound'INF_Assets2.Distance.INF_Away_762x39'

m=set INFc_Weapon FireDistFarSound Sound'INF_Assets2.Distance.INF_FarAway_762x39'

[/edit]

Last edited:

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
'some' firing sound names/declarations:

Sound'INF_Assets2.Weapons.INF_P90Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets2.Weapons.INF_FAMAS_Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets2.Weapons.INF_MP540_Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets3.Weapons.INF_Minimi_Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets3.Weapons.INF_Mk23_Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets3.Weapons.INF_Mk23_Fire_Sup'
Sound'INF_Assets3.Weapons.INF_Famas_Fire_Sup'
Sound'INF_Assets3.Weapons.INF_FSVEN_Fire2'
Sound'INF_Assets3.Weapons.INF_M9_Fire2'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_DE50_Firing'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_m3fire'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_AKMSUFire'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_M16Firing'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_SIG551Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_HK69Fire'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_PSGFire'
Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_RC50Fire'

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
in addition you can use a text file and the exec command instead of binding lots of keys ... to quote some folks from the "bot non-sprinting" thread...

Demosthanese said:
Another sollution is to place those commands in a file, say "botspeed.cfg"
Then, bind a key "set input p exec botspeed.cfg" This way, you can archive that .cfg for reinstalls, formats, etc.
[NL]Freshmeat said:
... Just a small follow-up question: In your example, Demosthanese, would it be possible to just type:
"exec botspeed.cfg" after you have set up your .cfg file.
mat69 said:
You even do not need it to name *.cfg "test" would also be enough --> "exec test"
You can also use one Aliase (but there you would have to type each command in the aliase) which you name e.g. "testing" then you only have to type "testing". ...

Maybe someone can setup a file for the exec command that uses a sound combination that solves the problems for the MAC users here. Well I do not have a MAC so I cannot test this out. So if someone can volunteer and finds a setup that works... post the exec files here, thanks.

Beppo

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Ok! NOW IT WORKS! :tup:

Need I say how glad I'm for this?? THANKS BEPPO! :fluffle: :cheers: :notworthy:

(The servers was empty when I should test it online but let's hope it work so it's now possible to hear when you are getting shot at! I will report how it works after testing... Hold on...)

To other Mac-users; This is the formula that do the trick!:

j=set INFc_Minimi animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_DE50_Firing') | set INFc_P90 animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets2.Weapons.INF_FAMAS_Fire') | set INFc_AKMSU animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_M16Firing') | set INFc_SIG551 animfire (AsscSound=Sound'INF_Assets.Weapons.INF_M16Firing')

Choose you own sounds to the wepons...

Last edited:

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
I suppose I have done what I should do... This...

NOTE: you MUST start a single player game, then press this bind, then go through each of these guns and shoot them once. Then you can go to multiplayer games, and the sounds will stay.
asas

...but it wont work.... Why? :(

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
i am a mac user and i really miss the 2.86 version. Sad but true. I know it's not SS' fault (Epic laziness?) but again.. i'm sad... 2,9 is just ****ed up on Mac, need to upgrade so bad..