What are you doing with your life?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zimmy

TGMZ
Oh god. MADXW is an Art Fag.
You two really don't like each other do you? :p

I'm 19, living with my dad, my sister and Fokker. Been working at a company testing and repairing communication equipment for trains for about 7 months. I do day-release college on a Wednesday, currently studying for a HNC in electronic engineering. Currently single and trying to keep my website up to date in my spare time.

Not much has really changed...
I'm 20 now, still living with my dad and sister, Fokker moved out. Still working at the same company which recently failed and was took over, been there for just over 2 years now. Finished college, still awaiting results on the HNC, something to do with student finances bein stupid, incompetant mother****ers means I havent got the result yet. Still single, gave up on my website. Passed my driving test earlier this year, gonna try and get a car before this year is over. Thinking about ditching the company I'm working for and getting a different job in the same field down London. Hobbies now include going out on the weekend and sleeping.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Nineteen, 20 in March. Sophomore in college going for degree in Information Systems. Trying to not have a terrible year like I did last year and dealing with some sort of depression. Most of my time is spent either doing school work, going to class, or just reading forums.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Not really. Obviously if you'd bothered to read my previous post, you'd see I'm in my second year of an art institution myself.
But then why did you call me a fag? That's a pejorative term :(
I won't be like studying at the college anyway, I'm going as a study in art, not to study art.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
In my last post in this thread I said that I was 22, in college, and going for an applied sciences degree in CIT.

Well, now I'm 24 and let me tell you all what has happened.

I finished two semesters and decided to drop because I discovered that my degree would be practically useless. I decided that I didn't want to be an IS contractor and I also didn't want to work for anyone full-time.

After that I worked more regular jobs until I got things figured out. I've been working since I was 15 and I've done a little bit of everything now. After working in restaurants, building docks on Lake Norman, working as an auto mechanic, working retail (Geek Squad, ugh) and doing general labor I decided to just go back into business for myself doing computer repair. I did and it's working out pretty well so far. I have a side job that I work three days a week (Jimmie John's delivery) to keep money constantly coming in.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Now a year into graduate school, working on a Master's in Geology. Just finished summer field work. It was great.

Also, have girlfriend now. Things look long term. weee.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
I'm pursuing MA in Economics from the University of Mumbai. Its keeping me busy, enjoyably too.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Bump! Let's have some updates. I'm still at the same software engineering gig coming up on 8 years in June. Doing what I can to assist the Navy with quality software products.

I'm living in a small house apartment for the time being. It's a little weird because I have more than enough money to buy my own house, but I can't for the life of me decide if I want to stay on Long Island. My problem is that I'm just too scared to take the plunge and start a new life. Change terrifies me.

I started my own Android "company" called SilentByte. That's in quotes because it's a fake one person company that generates no revenue. See my first product "Rated M" in the other thread I created. Taking a small break before moving on to my next app.

I've been gaming a whole lot less these days being an adult and all, but I'm currently enjoying Battlefield 1 on PC and Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4. Also playing some Nier Automata.

I reserved a Tesla model 3. Stood on line and put down a $1000 deposit before the car was even revealed. Quite the experience. People lined up all over the world for this car like it was a new iPhone release. Whether or not I keep my reservation depends on the next reveal, because details are still sparse.

I think that about covers it. What have you guys been up to?

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I'm still in Tokyo. I bought a 3 bedroom condo. (they call them mansions here) I have a 3 year old girl and a 5 month old boy. I'm still working at the same Japanese startup doing software design, but getting bored there, so I'm thinking maybe to look for a western company here to work at as Japanese companies are slow to do anything and aren't very big risk takers. I also want mo moneh.... because wants.

I think that's about it.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Wife got her inheritance and I made some investments that are paying off. So I moved back to Cleburne, TX (As backwards as it is, it is a damn sight better than Waco) and bought a nice enough house. Other than that still working nights in retail. Stepped down from my management position though as it is mostly to keep busy and not eat up my savings doing nothing. Also it comes with great health coverage. Looking at starting a business. Maybe a game studio or restarting gamerzunlimited in memory of Blueberry (who despite his faults was a pretty good friend right up until he passed away). Granted GU wasn't profitable before and it would be even more difficult to make it so now. Or possibly going back to college.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
I've grown up (now 30!) and own a house, am married and have a son!

By day I'm a freelance web developer, by night I do much the same once my son is asleep. Recently set up my second company with a friend and things are moving forward nicely. One day, when I have time I will be rebuilding BU :D

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I've grown up (now 30!) and own a house, am married and have a son!

By day I'm a freelance web developer, by night I do much the same once my son is asleep. Recently set up my second company with a friend and things are moving forward nicely. One day, when I have time I will be rebuilding BU :D
What's to rebuild? It just needs some TLC and some enthusiasm to get it firing on all cylinders again. Admittedly a healthy UT community or unreal engine based game community would go a long way towards that...

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I'm 31, living in Portland scraping by, job to job and barely making ends meet. Need to finish my degree and that should change things.