Overwatch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
...sucks ;)

tried it during the open beta. Hated it massively. I don't like mobas.

Reactions: Al

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
SirBrizz#1805

I have been playing entirely too much myself. It's not very "MOBA"-ish like say Battleborn or Paragon. It's a shooter with loadouts and special attacks. That's pretty much the extent of the MOBA style, the rest of the gameplay is no different than TF2 or any other objective game.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^It's no arena shooter either. Btw. I hated TF2 and most games like it. I don't want a rock paper scissors mechanic in an online shooter. I don't have a problem with Battlefield like classes but when the movement options differ from char to char I am out asap.

This is the best thing about the game:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's definitely not exactly an arena shooter, but as someone who could never get into TF2 because I thought it was boring and they also made it like "Play to Win" by adding all the extra weapons for earning achievements it only got worse I will say I enjoy Overwatch much more.

It's not everyone's bag, though.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
My favorite part of Overwatch is seeing the good ol "i hate this new popular game *goes back to clique*" cycle happen again in the "competitive FPS" communities with their pro-dorky vocal minorities. kinda like how a medic that can't concussion boost in tf2 ruined gaming forever in 2007

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The play style difference between characters is more extreme than other class based shooters I've played. So if you play Pharah it feels just like an arena shooter, and if you play Soldier 76 it feels like Call of Duty. Then there's characters that are completely unlike anything you've played Like Mei and Genji. Some characters rely on accuracy like the OP McCree, and some you don't need aim at all like Winston and Symmetra. You can't really say the game isn't this or that because it has a little of everything.

I like to turn up the Dark DnB channel on Di.fm and play in your face with D.Va.

Reactions: BillyBadAss

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The problem playing Mercy right now (at least where I'm at with level 32), is that most players don't play in a way that can be supported. You have to stock yourself between the enemy and the healer, and retreat back to the healer. But everyone seems to think it's TDM.

So when this happen I prefer to go D.Va because she can solo almost everyone except McCree and Mei.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Trying to play as Mercy almost always means finding places you can be out of the way and still overcharge people. Especially when you have a Reinhardt advancing with his barrier up.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
My favorite part of Overwatch is seeing the good ol "i hate this new popular game *goes back to clique*" cycle happen again in the "competitive FPS" communities with their pro-dorky vocal minorities. kinda like how a medic that can't concussion boost in tf2 ruined gaming forever in 2007
Yes the last thing we need is pro-dorky minorities.