Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Microcosmos (1996)

French movie on the life of insects on a beautiful meadow. Life in all its colourfull diversity booms beneath our feet and is portrayed in such a wonderfull manner, perfectly matched with a great soundtrack of both man made music and that of the ever so small.

It's an incredible delight to watch movies such as these.

10/10

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Monuments Men-6.5/10

A great story rather than a great movie. Some of the acting in this film left me feeling pretty cold. It was either overdone or underdone. Worth seeing if you like films about WW2 history.

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Latest Marvel review!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) [IMAX 3D]
  • Compelling story, perfect cast and development, solid touch and flashback, some very smart action sequences and climax, and glamorous special effects.
  • The titular villain Winter Soldier is really fantastic. Actor Sebastian Shaw is the perfect choice to play this guy. Also, Robert Redford is one big meanie and distasteful S.H.I.E.L.D. executive Alexander Pierce, senior leader of the team and old comrade of Nick Fury, during the plot device.
  • The Russo brothers (Anthony and Joe) of the Community team are really strong effort for directing as well.
  • Brilliant character costumes of Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) during mid-credits as well, looking forward for them in Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015.
  • This is one of the strongest Marvel or MCU movies in to date, in my opinion. Worth watching in 3D/IMAX 3D for the first time ever.
Grade: A

Note: Released on March 26 in my country [watched on March 28] and other international markets, just one week before the US date, April 4. You will be surprised! :D

Last edited:

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 7.5/10

+ Solid script
+ Good move to include Black Widow
+ Winter Soldier is great, as is the other bad guys
+ Fast paced through the whole movie
+ Decent acting

-Falcon didn't feel necessary
-After-credit scenes not worth staying for (are they ever?)
-The action sequence on the boat was bad, too many cuts and closeup shots

To sum up, better than the predecessor which suffered from having to include all that origin crap which was really boring. The Villain from the original however was a tad bit more interesting, for me anyway.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Thor The Dark World 4/10

Agonisingly slow to get going, derivative art direction, a brain-dead plot that couldn't even pass muster in a Transformers movie and Natalie Portman as annoying as ever, the only reason I stuck this one out was to enjoy the two leads. Tom Hiddleston stole every scene that he was in but Chris Hemsworth does a pretty decent job of making his character slightly less cardboard than its could have been.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thor The Dark World 4/10

Agonisingly slow to get going, derivative art direction, a brain-dead plot that couldn't even pass muster in a Transformers movie and Natalie Portman as annoying as ever, the only reason I stuck this one out was to enjoy the two leads. Tom Hiddleston stole every scene that he was in but Chris Hemsworth does a pretty decent job of making his character slightly less cardboard than its could have been.

Agreed. And I liked the first one, too.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Speed Racer-101/10

I haven't seen this film in a few years. I'd forgotten how this is another example of how the Wachowskis can invest so much heart and soul into a film; just as much as their other movies. And coming off Blu-ray in Hi-Def it looks even more stunning than ever.

Whiskey 7

Just another Earthling
Feb 2, 2008
www.whiskey7.org
The Monuments Men-6.5/10

A great story rather than a great movie. Some of the acting in this film left me feeling pretty cold. It was either overdone or underdone. Worth seeing if you like films about WW2 history.

Just catching up here in the forum and thought I'd add too it was enjoyable.

Not bad but not good. Good premise, story acting etc.
7.5/10

I recognized Bob Balaban.
You might know him as Dr. R. Chandra from the movie 2010 and his chat to HAL or from CE3K (Close Encounters of the Third Kind)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Captain America The Winter Soldier - 8.5/10

The action is topnotch, the story a bit less, but still makes for great cinema.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
300: Rise of an Empire - 2/10

Saw this a month ago. I remember the little witty substance of the first movie being replaced with litres of ketchup and a bonus round involving a sex scene with dramatic music on top. Most of the time I couldn't understand what was going to happen in the hundreds slow-time events that plagued the bleak action scenes of the movie, I was almost expecting accidental friendly kills. Scenes from the original 300 felt like breaths of fresh air, however it's pretty clear they had to extend the runtime in all possible ways, as if that exposition-whore intro wasn't already enough.

There was definitely a decent lead antagonist. The protagonist had zero charisma.
The ending is basic and rushed, turning the whole flick into a filler episode of a supposed trilogy (assuming they're going to make the finale) that's potentially useless to watch.

The Thor story line is my least favorite of the Avengers stories.
Dark World had more plotholes and mistakes than the entire script.
Looks like everybody is saying nice things about Winter Soldier, maybe it'll make me like Captain America and Marvel movies again.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Agreed on Red, Red2, Chronicle and the Lego Movie. I guess I won't be seeing 300: Rise...at the theater.;)

Yes, The Counselor could have been a lot better if they left out the extremely disturbing part (not the wire, the other thing) and had some more chase scenes or something. I saw this with a group of people that aren't really into movies like this, but even for this genre it was bad. It had some interesting moments though.;)

Divergent - 7.5/10 - apparently, a lot of people did not like this movie and I'm not sure why. Of course, it could have been better, but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 0/1

When I think a Peter Jackson LotR related movie is finally about to start, it ends! I found the story and build-up to be disjointed and uninteresting, but that's probably Tolkien's fault as well. Though I haven't read the books, I assume Jackson has to follow them to the letter, and not pull a Game of Thrones.

It's probably hard to write a story that makes sense when realized. It's kind of like programming.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I found the first hobbit movie to be very disappointing. There's so much going on at one point (too much, think of them barging in on that troll "kingdom" f.e.) and other scenes are extremily dull (the rivendell rehash f.e.). And the fact that the movie follows the same structure of "fellowship". I mean, it was almost a carbon copy. And the humour was very weak (the scene were those huge trolls catch the dwarfs and bilbo).

What I'm saying is that behind the bright shine and (over the top peter jackson style let's-throw-in-a-gazillion-beasties) action (which most likely diverted attention from most movie go-ers) the first hobbit movie was quite poor. imo.

And I strongly doubt the second will be any different.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
oblivion - 4/10

it was pretty cool. i want one of those drone things. imagine the cool shit you could do with something so fast and stable like that. ending was pretty obvious