Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Brizz you freaking goomba... view distance goes up to very high. You aren't maxed out. when I get home from work I shall take a pic of the exact spot on thousand cuts that just seems outta place.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Brizz you freaking goomba... view distance goes up to very high. You aren't maxed out. when I get home from work I shall take a pic of the exact spot on thousand cuts that just seems outta place.
I'm guessing you mean right by the entrance to the Bunker. I've never cared about my view distance being all that far, I'm rarely ever looking a long distance like that and there aren't even that many opportunities to do it.

Well, I went to that spot with ultra high view distance and the frame rate was affected. But, again, it was still smooth. I had a bunch of the shield robot guys chasing me over there and had no problem killing them. It wasn't even as bad as I've seen my framerate get.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Dafuq...
You guys know that if you put even a single point into SmallerLighterFaster in Gaige's OrderedChaos tree, it breaks the Infinity pistol?
Supposedly it's intentional to prevent an OC-heavy Gaige from being too OP with that combo.
If true, that's fucking stupid

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dafuq...
You guys know that if you put even a single point into SmallerLighterFaster in Gaige's OrderedChaos tree, it breaks the Infinity pistol?
Supposedly it's intentional to prevent an OC-heavy Gaige from being too OP with that combo.
If true, that's fucking stupid
It's true, but I still don't see why it's not allowed. Their reasoning is bogus.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Their reasoning appears to be "Hey, this could make things too easy, let's gimp the shit out of it"

I'm not sure which group is more derp, Gearbox for some of their "balances" or that it seems a bulk of the community has no problem not only with some of the gimps, but actually tries to get other "OP" things gimped
Right now there's an 80 reply thread on the GBX forums where people are arguing over whether or not some method to use Sal's NoKillLikeOverKill skill is an exploit or not.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
The thread is about using Sals NKLOK skill by killing Axton's turret in a fake duel then being able to kill Pete in six seconds in pt1 thanks to it's bonus damage incase anyone is wondering. I'm not sure what to think of it, but GBX probably didn't intend to use a fake duel to kill a raid boss in 6 seconds.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I don't get the point of gimping 'overpowered' stuff in a cooperative / singleplayer game. Especially stuff that requires combos of multiple items that drop rates of less than 1% on enemies that spawn once per day...

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I guess I'll never learn that simple way into the Leviathan's treasure chamber :( :p

So, Infinity, yes I knew that. Read about it on the wiki even before I had one. Since I don't see how Smaller, Lighter, Faster would boost the Infinity I consider this a bug, especially since you seem to be able to use it if you coop with a Salvadore with a team magazine size classmod. Now, if Anarchy would cause the infinity to stop working I'd understand it. Imagine how OP 600 Anarchy stacks would be with the Infinity. If they wanted to prevent people from doing that they could have done something clever instead of having a semi-unrelated skill make it unusable.

Could you link me to the thread? I don't see how No Kill Like Overkill could be OP. According to the wiki it's capped at 5 times the damage you would have caused anyway. In fact, when I looked at that skill when I tried to figgure out the direction I'd take with that character it seemed to be an utterly pointless skill for PT2.5. What am I missing here?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't get the point of gimping 'overpowered' stuff in a cooperative / singleplayer game. Especially stuff that requires combos of multiple items that drop rates of less than 1% on enemies that spawn once per day...
I can understand them wanting to balance certain egregious combos. I think killing any raid boss in "seconds" is kind of ridiculous as a general rule. So I don't think it's crazy. But they have nerfed some things that honestly did not deserve the nerfing they received.

The caveat to that opinion, though, is the absolutely horrid drop rate. Terra drops a lot of crap, but 99.9% of the time, it is utter garbage. It makes me long for the days of Crawmerax...

It also bothers me how ridiculously hard some of the raid bosses are period. Hyperius, Gee, Pete... they are all virtually impossible even with 4 players with decent builds.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I'm at level 20, but this game is still pretty meh to me. The combat is good and Handsome Jack is a great villain, but the world itself seems pretty incoherent. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the locations or missions, and there are way too many arbitrary vaguely related fetch quests. Some of the characters are really unlikeable (I really want to crush Tiny Tina's windpipe and throw Tannis off the side of Sanctuary).

They did a better job about one of my major complaints about games like BL1 and Torchlight, which is that I felt like I spent more time sorting through, swapping and selling loot than I did playing the game.

I don't think I'll be playing through this one again after I finish it, even using a different character I don't think the experience would change enough for me to enjoy it more.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I guess I'll never learn that simple way into the Leviathan's treasure chamber :( :p

So, Infinity, yes I knew that. Read about it on the wiki even before I had one. Since I don't see how Smaller, Lighter, Faster would boost the Infinity I consider this a bug, especially since you seem to be able to use it if you coop with a Salvadore with a team magazine size classmod. Now, if Anarchy would cause the infinity to stop working I'd understand it. Imagine how OP 600 Anarchy stacks would be with the Infinity. If they wanted to prevent people from doing that they could have done something clever instead of having a semi-unrelated skill make it unusable.

Could you link me to the thread? I don't see how No Kill Like Overkill could be OP. According to the wiki it's capped at 5 times the damage you would have caused anyway. In fact, when I looked at that skill when I tried to figgure out the direction I'd take with that character it seemed to be an utterly pointless skill for PT2.5. What am I missing here?
Sorry, the treasure room glitch is an easily exploitable glitch so no linking of that here. :p

I'm not sure if this is an exploit or not but even if it is, it's not readily available like the tr glitch:

[M]http://youtu.be/g0l77zlju_g[/M]

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm at level 20, but this game is still pretty meh to me. The combat is good and Handsome Jack is a great villain, but the world itself seems pretty incoherent. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the locations or missions, and there are way too many arbitrary vaguely related fetch quests. Some of the characters are really unlikeable (I really want to crush Tiny Tina's windpipe and throw Tannis off the side of Sanctuary).

They did a better job about one of my major complaints about games like BL1 and Torchlight, which is that I felt like I spent more time sorting through, swapping and selling loot than I did playing the game.

I don't think I'll be playing through this one again after I finish it, even using a different character I don't think the experience would change enough for me to enjoy it more.
I can respect that, though with 225+ hours behind me on this one, I'm not sure I agree. Have you done any co-op? Because that is where the game really shines for me. I had the same experience with BL. The game does get kind of boring (unless you enjoy looting, which I do to a certain degree) but playing co-op extends the life of the game significantly for me.

Also, it should be noted that TVHM is A LOT harder. If you want more of a challenge, you will want to try TVHM out.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I can respect that, though with 225+ hours behind me on this one, I'm not sure I agree. Have you done any co-op? Because that is where the game really shines for me. I had the same experience with BL. The game does get kind of boring (unless you enjoy looting, which I do to a certain degree) but playing co-op extends the life of the game significantly for me.

Also, it should be noted that TVHM is A LOT harder. If you want more of a challenge, you will want to try TVHM out.
I've been playing with my roommate and fiance, we did the same thing with BL1. I'll give TVHM a try, but I don't have any complaints with the combat.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

I felt the same away around level 35 and I have since given up on the game. I tried co-op and it didn't really make the experience any more fun for me; it's just doing the same old shit with another guy running around.

I've got other stuff to play anyways.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Don't know what to tell you. Here's my settings. Feel free to let me know if I can turn them up any higher.

I'm not going to lie and say "I never get slow downs". However, I almost never do. I tried the spot in Thousand Cuts. Works fine. The only time I ever seem to see my framerate drop is when there are lots of PhysX objects around and I look at a light source like the sun or the moon base and get tons of bloom or HDr or whatever the word of the day is. And even then it doesn't kill my performance, it just noticeably affects it. As a point of fact, since it can't be seen in the screenshots, that is at 1920x1080.

My machine:
i7-3770k at stock
Gigabyte H77M-D3H (yes, that's an H77 chipset)
8gb DDR3 (I'm guessing this is low clock but I'm not sure)
EVGA Geforce GTX 460 1gb

Hard drive wise, I'm running on years-old 7200 rpm drives.

Looks good sir!

I've never tried playing the game without vsyc on before. I wonder if its taxing my performance by forcing a cap.

I'm not a fan of screen tearing but I'll test it out.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Looks good sir!

I've never tried playing the game without vsyc on before. I wonder if its taxing my performance by forcing a cap.

I'm not a fan of screen tearing but I'll test it out.

Putting up with screen tearing is a far better trade off than random out of place fps drops IMO.

Crysis 2 pulled that shit where it would drop to 35 in areas where I would normally get 60+ with vsync off. Max Payne 3 dropped to mid 40's in certain segments of the first level and constant 60 when I turned vsync off.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Sorry, the treasure room glitch is an easily exploitable glitch so no linking of that here. :p

I'm not sure if this is an exploit or not but even if it is, it's not readily available like the tr glitch:

[M]http://youtu.be/g0l77zlju_g[/M]
I thought exploiting is automatically part of getting into that chamber if not part of a mission:p Whelp, it's not like I actually need it, things like that just make me curious.

Don't have the link handy for the Infinity+OC tree thread, but for the NKLOK one, the thread is a poll titled "NKLOK: exploit or fair"

I looked around and have to reconsider a few things. First of all when I initially looked at it, I misread how NKLOK works (and I have no idea why). It's not a bonus for the next shot only, but for a couple of seconds. That changes quite a few things and makes it pretty useful.

And the Infinity with SLF is just dumb. People claim gearbox said they did it on purpose for balancing reasons, which is a dumb way to handle that "problem" in the first place, but if you then look at how "good" the infinity with 600 anarchy stacks works it gets pretty laughable. You don't have that small infinity pattern you usually have, so they already balanced it and for some reason made it unusable for solo players on top. It's just dumb. Here, that's how fantastic it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12r75BIRK0