Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
There's all this talk on the Gearbox forums about duping guns/skins/heads because the drop rate is a bunch of shit. I've been trying to farm the head that's dropped from bunker for days and I spent all day yesterday trying as well, nothing dropped. How fucking annoying low is the drop rate on these things? .00000000000000000000000001%

I actually got bored with BL2 and went back to diablo 3. Seriously, halfway thru playthru 2 and I've seen 2 oranges, One from the final boss of playthru 1, and 1 from the slot machines lol. To me that's unacceptable, and flat out boring.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
spanked Jack and The Warrior with one of my friends who was way underleveled. By the end I was all out of ammo and my friend snagged the only legendary that dropped :p

So you have only one black friend? How do you know he's the same guy every time you meet him?

Just kidding :)

:lol: ;)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
halfway thru playthru 2 and I've seen 2 oranges, One from the final boss of playthru 1, and 1 from the slot machines lol. To me that's unacceptable, and flat out boring.
hm.
sounds like you're just super unlucky :p

that doesn't describe my playthrough at all.
found my first Legendary @ level 4, another two around level 15, and now have a nice collection to choose from in my bank.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I got my first legendary from the Warrior. I've nearly finished my second playthrough and as of yet have not seen any others. Total game time is something like 70 hours.

The drop rates really are low.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm the same on oranges. I've seen four oranges the entire time I played, one was the Firehawk shield which I think is always orange. The other three were guns, two of which are unusable at this point and all of which were found in the final three missions of the game.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I think the drop rates are fine, I have 135 hours and have found 12 orange items that aren't Firehawk or Terra class mod. (8 of those are level 50 oranges)

What's boring/bad design is the fucking endgame and farming bosses.

Not finding items wouldn't be a problem if there was actually fun activities like challenge maps or wave arenas or something.

Last edited:

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
More redemption codes. Hopefully they still work.

WinPC: 5JKBB-RKTHZ-RTJBT-BT33J-WJRWW
PSN: K3WBT-Z95HT-FZT5J-HTWJB-ZFXC3
X360: K3WBT-Z95CX-BXX3R-CXTJB-ZFX95

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think the drop rates are fine, I have 135 hours and have found 12 orange items that aren't Firehawk or Terra class mod. (8 of those are level 50 oranges)

What's boring/bad design is the fucking endgame and farming bosses.

Not finding items wouldn't be a problem if there was actually fun activities like challenge maps or wave arenas or something.
Eh. I don't mind farming bosses.

Still, I'm at almost 70 hours and I haven't found even six oranges.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I've completed two playthroughs now (one with all quests) and completed the DLC. I've a total of three oranges and one pink, none of which are amazing. The only thing I have left to do are the raid bosses. I suspect I won't be bothering with the Seraph weapons since you have to do a raid boss a minimum of 12 times just to get one weapon.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I'm trying to figure out why I keep bothering with Gearbox's forums
Some of the most bull-headed idiots are on there

Talk of guncrafting/smithing? Nope, it's a bad idea and will do nothing but destroy BL2 and/or it's looting system
Obviously there's no way in hell to get looting and smithing to coexist
Borderlands MMO? Nope, it's a bad idea and will do nothing but destroy everything BL is
Ignoring that BL1/2 both play like miniature MMOs, especially if you play full co-op

Justin286

Smooth Criminal
Jul 26, 2001
Bk, Nyc
WinPC: CBKBB-RSJZH-RTBJJ-3TT3T-5RXZC
PS3: KBKJB-S5FST-FZTWT-ZJKJB-XC93C
Xbox 360: KBKJB-S5FKX-BXXTX-WRJJB-XC9BS

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Finished main quest line of Pirate's Booty DLC, and then out came the raid boss quests. After half a dozen infuriating tries and getting owned by Hyperius' shockwave attacks we lucked out and he got stuck in his missile attack, allowing us to finish him off.
Went to Master Gee after that, which went according to plan, except all of a sudden the boss just straight up vanished leaving us stuck in that room. What nonsense.