Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
All it has to save is my location. The enemies can be reset, I don't care. I just hate having to start from the beginning because some of the missions (wildlife preserve for example) are super long.
So, spawn at a save point in the middle of an army, die five times escaping from them just to get back to the save point they already start you at.

Okay...

I honestly don't mind the way it is. It was the same in BL1.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Thats how console saving works :B

Actually, it has nothing to do with consoles, but rather implementation. Very doable.

Thing is, this implementation they have solves a lot of problems, such as the ones Ambershee and Brizz mention. That, and for some reason the ammo can still be scarce enough that starting right where there will always be an ammo store seems more convenient than having to walk a bit more.

On a separate note, replaying through the game in True Vault Hunter mode makes some of the level design choices far more visible. I'm honestly surprised at the difference in overall design quality of some of the levels; The Wildlife Exploitation Preserve is clever because it ultimately wraps back around so that you don't end up backtracking a ton, while Frostburn Canyon is possibly the worst area of the game for navigation. Its topdown map is misleading EVERY time I go there. :(

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
On a separate note, replaying through the game in True Vault Hunter mode makes some of the level design choices far more visible. I'm honestly surprised at the difference in overall design quality of some of the levels; The Wildlife Exploitation Preserve is clever because it ultimately wraps back around so that you don't end up backtracking a ton, while Frostburn Canyon is possibly the worst area of the game for navigation. Its topdown map is misleading EVERY time I go there. :(
Heh. I noticed that about Frostburn Canyon from the very beginning. I got so lost in there trying to find the Firewalker. Turned out you had to be on the bottom level.

There were a couple of areas in BL like that, but the worst one was the cave area in Clatprap's DLC.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
So, spawn at a save point in the middle of an army, die five times escaping from them just to get back to the save point they already start you at.

Okay...

I'm with Brizz, don't mind starting back at the FastTravel
Allthough it would be nice if a few areas were on the FT network, or at least enable being able to return to some spots after you've completed it(Vault, Wilhelm, etc)

And YES, I hate how the map doesn't show multiple levels

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY

Okay...

What? The auto-save points aren't in the middle of any armies. When you die in the game it spawns you at the latest save point. So why can't you quit the game and spawn at the same point? It doesn't make any sense.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Okay, I didn't mean AT the spawn point, I meant between the save point and X. There are tons of save locations where you would spawn with massive armies of enemies on both sides of you and nowhere to go but through.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
are there??

maybe I literally wasn't paying attention, but it seems like every save point I pass (those beacons that look like a smaller version of the Fast Travel station) is relatively secluded. it's either just before or just after an area/room where there were a lot of enemies. but they wouldn't see you if you spawned there upon loading a save.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's mostly in the plot missions but even if you look at Frostburn Canyon, there are multiple places where there is a save point that you just fought through an army to get to and there is an army around the next bend and the only way to the save point is through one or the other of them.

Finished my first playthrough today with a buddy. Gotta say, this is easily the best game I've played all year. Everything I wanted in a Borderlands sequel, I got. Everything that was fun in the first game, I got, and I got it better. Everything that is new is an improvement. I have no complaints. I can't think of another game that has made me laugh so hard so often.

I haven't played it at all by myself, but if there is an argument to be made that COOP-only games can exist and be awesome then this is as good a candidate as I've played. I picked Zero because I picked Mordecai in the first game, and switching up my previous style of hanging back and sniping with running and going melee in the thick of it took me out of my comfort zone at first, but easily became my preferred playing style. I like how much better the characters play off each other in this one and was happy to respec my Zero depending on who I was playing with.

I can see that I will be playing this one for a while.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
but one thing that kept bothering me throughout is that context and exposition and relevant information kept getting told ambiently at times where I was hip-deep in shooting dudes, leaving me clueless as to why I was doing what I was doing.

Just curious... were you playing solo or co-op? I find it a lot harder to hear everything in co-op since I can't always control the triggering of sound events.

all the way back to the beginning every single time.

That can work to your advantage too if you don't feel like driving all the way back to the beginning of a level. :D

Just curious... were you playing solo or co-op? I find it a lot harder to hear everything in co-op since I can't always control the triggering of sound events.

It's an unfortunate risk when playing games in COOP, but if you got a good crew going the chances of this happening can be minimized. The core group of people I've played this with happen to be people I know personally and are also people who were going through the game for the first time also. We all made the attempt to time our sessions accordingly for the first playthrough so that nobody missed anything too crucial. When it came to quest handing and sequence triggering and things like that we all made sure we we're either together or paying attention (or in a position to do those things, as sometimes you've got to clear the baddies first). It worked pretty well and I think aside from a few cases of unplanned echo messages from Jack in the story messages we didn't really miss anything. There were also a couple of times when more than one person clicked on a NPC for a quest-hand in or something and a line got skipped, but we made rules to avoid that (only the host turns em in).

I understand that this might be hard to accomplish for everybody, especially if you're stuck playing with strangers.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com

Bit from column A, bit from column B. I get that I wouldn't always control where the audio cues would be if I played with others, but even while playing by myself I've had quests update via some ambient comment that I couldn't hear over shooting dudes.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
these aren't mine (I play on PC) but my buddy who plays on 360 has come across some pretty sick weapons recently.

6Qz97l.jpg

GXMBxl.jpg

I wish I had found something half that good when I was level 30.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have one of those patent flakkers. Found it at the end of playthrough 1.

Welp, just bought the Season Pass. This game is worth it I think. I've been having so much fun with it.

Also, I think my favorite gun is the "Gwens Gun". It's from the movie Se7en. When you get it, a guy that sounds kinda like Brad Pitt says "Aww man what's in the box..?" It was amazing to hear that and put a smile on my face.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Welp, just bought the Season Pass. This game is worth it I think. I've been having so much fun with it.

Also, I think my favorite gun is the "Gwens Gun". It's from the movie Se7en. When you get it, a guy that sounds kinda like Brad Pitt says "Aww man what's in the box..?" It was amazing to hear that and put a smile on my face.

You dumb Jackal-san

Buying a season pass for content that you have no idea is even going to worth it. You goof troop son.