Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Someone mentioned that the Golden chests can grant Orange grade gear
I thought those were supposed to be purples only

And yea, they dumped all kinds of pop culture/internets references in. Even some obscure ones like Bandits yelling Vizzini's "Inconceivable!" when shot

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There seems to be a bug going around with Shift where it just keeps granting keys over and over

Speaking of Golden keys, GBX isn't going to do anything about users that exploited the INI bug, so if you opted to take advantage, you can resume breathing
I wish they would do something, though. Because people already found out how to add more Golden Keys yet again and if GBX is not going to do anything about it, what's the point of even looting? You can just add a bunch of golden keys and check the chest in Sanctuary every few minutes. Those guns are better than 90% of what you find.

I'm also a little disappointed on storage space. With the bank and Claptrap you can only get 47 slots. I had 200 hacked on in BL1 and I still had a hard time keeping it under control. I don't really get what the problem is with letting people store as much as they want. Maybe memory problems, but I would still expect in the hundreds, not 47 total...

I am disappoint :( I thought Randy understood what people wanted in terms of storage space.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I wish they would do something, though. Because people already found out how to add more Golden Keys yet again and if GBX is not going to do anything about it, what's the point of even looting? You can just add a bunch of golden keys and check the chest in Sanctuary every few minutes. Those guns are better than 90% of what you find.
The big hurdle is knowing who used the exploit without pissing off the innocent players and since GBX didn't see the exploit coming, I doubt there's any way they'd be able to tell
About the only way I can think of to reliably weed out exploits vs legit is to have everyone's savegame report back to GBX and flag anyone with over X number of keys
The problem with that is 1) people aren't gonna like that one bit, even if innocent, 2) people are ending up with extra keys by other methods, one way is a bug with Shift granting new keys left and right

For the most part it's too late and would be too difficult to weed them out, hence the "fuck it, whatever"

I'm also a little disappointed on storage space. With the bank and Claptrap you can only get 47 slots. I had 200 hacked on in BL1 and I still had a hard time keeping it under control. I don't really get what the problem is with letting people store as much as they want. Maybe memory problems, but I would still expect in the hundreds, not 47 total...
Yea, wtf is with the gimped Backpack size. Even if you didn't mod the size in BL1 you could get up to 72 slots

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah my only complaint from the very beginning of Borderlands 2 has been the limited storage capacity. it's incredibly annoying having to look through all your crap in order to manually compare the item on the ground to the item in your backpack just to see if it's even worth picking up.

horrible design in an otherwise fantastic game.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I've been a bit OCD when it comes to weapons. I've actually double backed to vendors a dozen times in one area to sell everything off

Doesn't even make much sense since all the weapons are digistructed

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The big hurdle is knowing who used the exploit without pissing off the innocent players and since GBX didn't see the exploit coming, I doubt there's any way they'd be able to tell
About the only way I can think of to reliably weed out exploits vs legit is to have everyone's savegame report back to GBX and flag anyone with over X number of keys
The problem with that is 1) people aren't gonna like that one bit, even if innocent, 2) people are ending up with extra keys by other methods, one way is a bug with Shift granting new keys left and right

For the most part it's too late and would be too difficult to weed them out, hence the "fuck it, whatever"
They already do have the save games reporting in it seems, though. It would be pretty easy to tell who exploited it, at least in the number of keys. Nobody should have hundreds of golden keys right now. And, if you're innocent, you shouldn't really care. Like I said, right now it seems pointless to go looting. Just load up on Golden Keys and go open the chest every few levels a few times. The only thing worth picking up are oranges.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I really need to avoid the GBX forums when I've been woken up early...
People are screeching that "The Bee" needs to be nerfed because it lets you rape Terra
NO, FUCK YOU
The great thing about BL2 is you get to pick and choose your gear, if you think The Bee is OP for fighting Terra, don't fucking use it.
Simple. Fucking. Concept.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Tiny Tina is hilarious!

Nap time! *faceplants into bed*

And she's voiced by Ashly Burch?? Awesome!!

Game is getting a lot better as I get deeper into it. Still haven't touched multiplayer much because everyone just rushes through and steals all the gear. And it's sooo annoying when you're trying to explore and you get "Travel will commence in 3... 2... 1..." I suppose if I was playing with friends it would be better.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So was able to join 3 different friendos and 2 friendos have been able to join me since Gearbox fixed their shit.

My hardware was the problem. Ha I laugh in your general direction.

kjk3t-kjsx9-ft3tt-t3jb3-ttzx9
Shift code. GO GO GO 20 mins left
uotYK.jpg

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Yeah, appreciate the notice. For some reason FF doesn't display twitter right on my comp, so if there's more keys given away, just pm me again. Thanks. :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
WTF.... Shift Codes only available while almost everyone is at work.

Good job.

In a few minutes, I'll tweet another set of SHiFT codes for Borderlands 2.

Codes will work for 2 hours

Also. - I expect to release at least two more SHiFT codes during the weekend at different times...

X360: WB5T3-JS3W6-JRXTX-KR333-FTXBZ
WinPC: CT5TB-H3ZX9-6TTBJ-JT33J-TFJRK
PS3: WB5T3-JS3Z3-RSTWT-SJ533-FTXBT

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Beware anyone who goes into The Dust area. Apparently after the latest patch you will now sink into the ground and any loot you find also goes bye bye.

Ah patches. Fix one thing, and break 10 others.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I've had quest items sink into the ground before.

like when you're supposed to kill something that drops an item that you need to collect 5 of. I've had the item drop and get stuck below the ground. I can see the glowing "trail" (that all dropped items emit) coming from under the surface but it's impossible to loot.

this has forced me to ALT-F4 and reload my game.