New Mouse

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I plan on purchasing a new wired gaming mouse, either Logitech or Razer. The contact plates on the current one I have are old (it doesn't charge easily), and I was foolish enough to have gone wireless in the first place (I suppose yeah...), and the mouse itself is wearing out.

The current mouse I have is a Logitech MX Revolution Wireless Mouse with programmable buttons. The current one I'm looking at is the Razer Imperator. Also, since I have a treated wooden desk surface, I'm thinking I should go and get a mousepad while I'm at it.

Any recommendations?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Pick one of these based on your budget and how you cradle your mouse with your hand.

Intellimouse
MX518
Deathadder
Abyssus

Everything else has **** for sensors. I'm not kidding.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
If you're looking for good wired laser, then get second gen G5 or G500. They're both excellent and adjustable weight is really neat additional bonus.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My G9 gave out on me. It started randomly double clicking by itself. I reverted back the the MX518. It was a good choice.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
My 518 started flaking out after about a year. Turned out that it was the wire right at the spot where it comes out of the casing. I replaced it with the G500 and have been fully satisfied with it's performance.

I had an MX500 back when, so I've grown accustomed to the shape and feel of this particular line of mice. I don't see myself switching to Razer's offerings any time soon.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This one seems the most appealing to me. I like not having to drag around a wire, but I still want to be able to use it wired when I need to charge, etc. The shape is also very similar to my current mouse, and that's quite comfortable. I can also use this with my laptop when I decide to travel and do work.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104321

The free-scrolling I have is pretty lulzy. It could auto-switch modes depending on how fast I spun the wheel. OR... I could get another MX Revolution. OR... I could go with something else entirely. Still thinking on the mice... That R.A.T. 7 is scary looking.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
I'm using an Intellimouse 6000 and love it.

41DuLiXuGBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
My 518 started flaking out after about a year. Turned out that it was the wire right at the spot where it comes out of the casing.

This happened to me too. Of course, my solution was to simply cut off a couple inches of wire. Did the trick.
It also allowed me to pull 5 years of dust out of the wheel.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I use a Deathadder, the original 1800 DPI version and I've read some things about the sensor in the current Deathadder which quite a few people have said that they prefer the old optical sensor vs the DA v2 laser.

Then again, the mouse doesn't make a person aim better, it just assists them in making better shots. Regardless of what sensor yours has, you'll love the DA, it's the best mouse I've ever used for anything computer related.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I prefer the imperator cause it feels lighter and the death adder has this "hump" which I don't find that compfortable.
that's my comfort reasons. :p