Afterlife?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
According to Darwin, the evolution.

Ok, so you don't believe that God had created you.

Well for your knowledge, the evolution was created by mankind, and even if you say evolution created you, it wouldn't create trillions of people in the same structure so close to perfection.

Back on topic, if you don't believe in God, then you won't believe in doomsday, and if you don't believe in the latter one, you won't believe in afterlife.

And to answer your question specifically. God would return humans to life after they die, to judge them, and decide whether they deserve to be in heaven or hell. In this occasion, God is a necessity to believe in afterlife.

IF humans could blow life into the dead, everyone would have believed in the existence of afterlife, but that's not, never had it been, and never will be, a capability of humans.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If you don't believe in god, it exists anyways.
you can't say that because you don't know that.

you don't know that god exists.
you don't know that an afterlife exists.

evolution was created by mankind, and even if you say evolution created you, it wouldn't create trillions of people in the same structure so close to perfection.
ughh... you are exceedingly ignorant.
your understanding of evolution is poor at best.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Ok so, I don't know if God exists, and I don't know if afterlife exists and I'm exceedingly ignorant and my knowledge of evolution is poor at best.

You know that rivers' water is sweet, and seas' water is salty, right?
Do you know how they don't mix up and remove each others taste? Bear in mind that there is no barrier between them.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Ok so, I don't know if God exists, and I don't know if afterlife exists
exactly.
because no one knows.

and anyone who claims they know is full of sh*t.
because they don't know.
because it's impossible for anyone who is alive to know.
my knowledge of evolution is poor at best.
well from the way you briefly described it, yes.

see evolution was not "created by mankind."
it's a natural process which has been observed and recorded and defined by man. man didn't make it up.

you also said that "[Evolution] wouldn't create trillions of people in the same structure so close to perfection."
again, if this is what you actually think, then your ignorance on the subject is staggering.

evolution absolutely would create trillions of organisms in the same structure; that's how it works, that's exactly what it does. it's not perfection, nothing is perfect, but each structure (within a given species) is basically the same. as it replicates billions of times over, minor differences or genetic anomalies will arise. these differences are either adopted or phased out due to which of them best suits the environment in which it is living.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I have been thinking a lot about that. Living in a giant universe, in one of perhaps many, where humanity is just a glimpse. Everything we do, or not do, it all seems to be so meaningless from a greater point a view.
No reason to just say, "well, this will all probably be gone some day very far into the future so what's the point in anything now?" The fact we're here now makes it worthwhile.

It's impossible for an afterlife to exist.

This is a low in polythreads.
Still beats most of the lolitic threads.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
It is actually possible to know though. There's obviously no god or an afterlife. Just people sometimes like to compromise and say it's not possible to know one way or the other.
God damn agnostics.

How do you explain out-of-body experience then?
Have you ever had one? You can cause one with psychedelic drugs and when falling asleep etc. What's the problem. It's no different than other weird stuff the brain does.

aCRaSSiCauDa don't be a stew.

I am wondering whether it really exists? There are many near-death experience reports, many of them describe a vision of a tunnel leading into a bright light.

But is it just the lack of oxygen in your brain during your last minutes creating this image? Do the dying photoreceptor cells in your retina, firing the last signals, cause the infamous light tunnel or is there perhaps more? A possible afterlife, another level of existence?

What purpose would an afterlife serve and if there was one, would you be able to end it?

Actually, hang on. There is some stuff I need to gather for you to read up on about this, because your consciousness may in fact be that 'something else'.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
It's impossible for an afterlife to exist.

Everything a question of perspective. The molecules compromising humans still remain so in a sense when reincarnists warn you about being reborn as a worm they might be right. The best thing we can hope for an afterlife is soylent green. :D

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Anyone here listen to or read Alan Watts? He has a particular passage known as "What's the Problem?" It has to do with not having a fear of death, a fear of what's after etc. It's very intuitive.

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
exactly.
because no one knows.

and anyone who claims they know is full of sh*t.
because they don't know.
because it's impossible for anyone who is alive to know.

well from the way you briefly described it, yes.

see evolution was not "created by mankind."
it's a natural process which has been observed and recorded and defined by man. man didn't make it up.

you also said that "[Evolution] wouldn't create trillions of people in the same structure so close to perfection."
again, if this is what you actually think, then your ignorance on the subject is staggering.

evolution absolutely would create trillions of organisms in the same structure; that's how it works, that's exactly what it does. it's not perfection, nothing is perfect, but each structure (within a given species) is basically the same. as it replicates billions of times over, minor differences or genetic anomalies will arise. these differences are either adopted or phased out due to which of them best suits the environment in which it is living.

You are hopeless, man.

Need more proof of the existence of God? read the Bible I'm sure it's there. Get a translated copy of Quran, read it, interpret it, and you'll believe that you were lost. Not saying that to defend my religion but just because what you said makes no sense whatsoever.

Who else would create you in such a shape? I didn't say humans are perfect, I just said they're close to perfect. Before typing your post, have you thought how the brain works? Nerves? The whole nervous system? Digestive system? The heart? The eyes and all the other minor and major organs? Do you think that evolution would create such complicated organs that work 24/7 nonstop efficiently?

Scientists got proofs that there are a lot of elements in the human body that are the same as those found in the soil? Do you know that God created man from soil? Do you know that God stated that in the Quran more than 1500 years ago, and scientists discovered this a couple of decades ago?

The one next to the sugar factory? o_O

I don't know what do you call that in English, but in my language it is refered to as "sweet" "not salty" "nuetral".

Last edited: