Unreal patch 227g released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
All,

I've installed all currently available DieHard's Hi-End Unreal graphics files, along with three Extreme-End graphics files, in NaPali. Wow! Very Nice!

Took up a lot of space in my 120 GB SSD. So much money, so little space. :lol:

Freddie

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
sorry for not answering sooner here, I didn't check in for some time because first I was pretty busy and now got a freakin flu additionally. But always can post in the Oldunreal forums, as I check those way more often :)

The installer is a bit bitchy, because its quite old and I'm not allowed to create a new one.
Basically any registry entry is irrelevant if you enter the path manually if it doesn't find it.

UClassic + RTNP equals UGold, so the installer SHOULD have accepted it, but maybe you need to install the 226b patch from legend first to make it accept the install. Need to try that again I suppose, it's been ages I made my install (also Classic + RTNP) and it applied to that fine.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Why aren't you allowed to change installer? Anyway what does it exactly check for? Why did it fail to install to a new directory even when i copied the Unrealgold system over? I have a separate 227 tree, with some different 227 versions, 227f, plus three of the in developement 227g versions when I was still testing it, last year. But I copied normal system over plus many other files but it failed it to recognize as Unrealgold, only the real unrealgold install it recognized, but it did complicate things for me that way.

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
I wish I knew. But its kinda hard to get any answers from Epic at all nowadays.
They are not willing to spend any more time with the old stuff it seems, so basically I'm not allowed to do any more than I was in the past- and a new installer (such as for Linux too) is not included.
I can modify it (or change it if you wish) within a given range , like I did, so that it can be applied to Gold and Anthology, it just seems that the installations with the separate version causes trouble yet...but I think I can adjust that yet.

It looks for both RTNP and Classic files within one installation directory, so if this requirement isn't met, it won't install. Iirc the Legend patch does that, but might be wrong, its long ago and need to dig out my 2 CD's before I can test that- the last time I installed from them is maybe 10 years ago :p.

If not, check that the UPak maps folder is below the Maps folder (Maps/UPak), the UPak textures in the Textures folder and the RTNP System files in the System folder. Then it should work.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I wish I knew. But its kinda hard to get any answers from Epic at all nowadays.
They are not willing to spend any more time with the old stuff it seems, so basically I'm not allowed to do any more than I was in the past- and a new installer (such as for Linux too) is not included.
I can modify it (or change it if you wish) within a given range , like I did, so that it can be applied to Gold and Anthology, it just seems that the installations with the separate version causes trouble yet...but I think I can adjust that yet.

It looks for both RTNP and Classic files within one installation directory, so if this requirement isn't met, it won't install. Iirc the Legend patch does that, but might be wrong, its long ago and need to dig out my 2 CD's before I can test that- the last time I installed from them is maybe 10 years ago :p.

If not, check that the UPak maps folder is below the Maps folder (Maps/UPak), the UPak textures in the Textures folder and the RTNP System files in the System folder. Then it should work.

So it checks for all the files? I had the Upak maps in another directory linked to with paths in ini, so that might explain it.

And as for Epic, it seems they still got some of the old Unreal betas there, but everyone said that they don't know where that would be. I hope they will decide to share them, but the hope is pretty thin now.

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
Can't publish what it exactly looks for, but within this specific place, like it is in UGold/Anthology.

For the beta's- sorry, but I doubt it. I got once the information that they have old tape archives, but no people/equipment/time to look through it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Can't publish what it exactly looks for? Wtf, that's crap really.

Well I found someone who has these betas, he even told me the directory tree and there are files like unserver.exe etc, which we didn't know existance of before, it seems the unreal server was standalone. He went to ask for permissions (and he got it from their intranet), but it seems they won't allow it, since I didn't hear of him since. Tbh it seems to me like they lied about the betas, they don't seem to want to share it at all and only say excuses, well at least the legal issues are the main reason, otherwise they would share it. I might be wrong but that's just my impression of the entire thing.

But it also may be possible that you can help, since you got the Unreal engine license, that is if that guy responds to me back.

But it all lacks a logic and it is just politics after all. I mean why not share it? It's friggin old and it's not a sourcecode and someone could add install check for Unreal too, it is rather trivial.. I mean really, some companies released their old betas publically or lost projects. Epic was never so open, I mean look at ID soft, 3D Realms, Ion Storm, etc. They are great examples of that. Yet when it comes to Unreal, it just isn't the same.

Edit: It seems they dumped a lot of that content when they moved onto Gears of War, but they should still have archives I think.

Last edited:

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
It's stupid that you can't change the installer, considering that Unreal is such an old game, and Epic has stopped work on the Unreal series. I don't get why it would matter to them at all.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Epic has stopped work on the Unreal series. I don't get why it would matter to them at all.

Every game that uses the Unreal Engine still has ties to the original Unreal. As long as titles that use this engine are been churned out, the chance of them divulging anything about the engine or how any part of it works is nil.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I think that in case of the installer, it's to save the copy protection. But then again, allowing to modify it doesn't mean it will be less secure, even the other way round...

Status
Not open for further replies.