Hawken: First Look

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYDNlMYAaI[/M]

I think it's the same J. Hawkins from Epic. If you check the website.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They did say there is a lot of content reuse, which you could see more in the fly by videos they released earlier. Even with that, though, the environments just look amazing. Really looks like you are a mech storming around a real city.

**** looks good. I've been really wanting a good modern mech game, and this looks like it may be it. Few things I would change up, but that's neither here nor there. Looks fantastic. I'll be waiting for a release.

Also, I'm hoping for full on customization. I know that can be a quite the task to accomplish, but it would be rather rad.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
it does look cool but a bit to fast + ut200(3|4) jumpy

Frickin FASA and their ip are killing this sort of game

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Hahah I knew it! The first time I say this game I knew it was UE3. I was like hey that looks like UDKs new lighting system. I must say it looks gorgeous. The cockpit view looks particularly impressive.

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
What's with all those "a bit too fast" comments? I think it's gorgeous and interesting just because it looks faster than all those brainless walking fps that saturate the market these days.

What the hell... i thought this was an UT forum :lol:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I think it's just if you compare it to mech games, it's more an FPS (which is fine) than a simulator.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I like that they're conscious of the simulation vs. arcade thing. I think I tend to get hung up about it (like I do in my previous replies here) when it seems someone makes a regular fps with robot skins and expect people to take it as "a mechwarrior game".

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
I like the design decisions they talk about. They seem to be avoiding a lot of pet peeves I have with modern FPS games.

Hopefully the class customization will be flexible enough not to be deadlocked into a certain role.
Which is something every game designer nowadays considers a good mechanic for whatever odd reason I just cannot grasp.

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
This looks very promising especially after watching the two gametrailers interviews. The only problem with it that I see. Is that its still quite a way off. (mid-late 2012)

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
I like that they're conscious of the simulation vs. arcade thing. I think I tend to get hung up about it (like I do in my previous replies here) when it seems someone makes a regular fps with robot skins and expect people to take it as "a mechwarrior game".
As a FPS player who never been much into mech sims I don't get hung up on that stuff, more the opposite. It's a "mech combat FPS" after all. Sounds promising from the interview.