What is the most awesome show ever made?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Dexter is not psychotic.

he's completely aware of his actions and their moral accountability.
if anything, he's the most sane serial killer ever.

Yeah, he's not psychotic, he's sociopathic, aware of the morality of his actions and deliberately engaging in anti-social behaviors and weaving a fabric of deception to protect himself. And the show is effing awesome.

~Jason

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I'd never claim it as "most awesome" but Season 1 (especially if seen on DVD, i.e. over two RT days:)) was pretty stunning. Looking back, it doesn't bear a moment's rational examination but at the time it was an exciting journey. I'd also mention the shocking event near the start of Season 5. That was a jaw-dropping moment.

Not, perhaps, awesome but a South to 24's North Pole is West Wing. The first four seasons were consistently well written, willing to go into issues and it was funny as well.

Firefly (great because it never had the opportunity to outstay its welcome).

BtVS/Angel had their moments.

Not on my awesome list but surely worthy of mention is Babylon 5.

And, of course, Stargate SG-1. Not just awesome but 214 episodes of awesome.

A lot of older series don't compare well (partly because cheap special effects look so much better these days). It's probably not fair to compare them.

Edit: Forgot - Farscape. 1st two seasons were amazing.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I'd never claim it as "most awesome"

I'd claim it as best action series easily.

24 was an experience unlike anything I've seen in my entire life. I really can't recall anything that kept my adrenaline levels peaked for hours on end like 24 did.

That being said, I'm glad it ended. They were starting to recycle plot lines like no tomorrow.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/47e140ba-5f99-4c92-a6a7-1c776d7eaef8/Large%20Image.jpg?p=081113_07:33[/SCREENSHOT]

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
captain-future.jpg

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Firefly (great because it never had the opportunity to outstay its welcome).
For some reason when I first saw Firefly my reaction was "meh" but then I came across it well after it had been cancelled and got hooked on its awesomeness

Really miss SG1/Atlantis and Farscape
Things got a little screwy near the end of the series run of Farscape, but that final movie was epic. Basically "Want this weapon? Here it is, up close and personal, see you in oblivion"

As for recent, Burn Notice

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
MacGyver and the A-Team (...at least they were fun to watch as a 6-9 year old)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
There are a lot of great shows listed above but there is only one show that I know of that is more than just entertaining. You actually learn something useful and valuable in every episode.

Mythbusters !