As real as..we can.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I might ... I repeat, *might* (no promise!) do some work. I spend 8+ hours a day doing programming at work, so it's not the first thing on my mind when I get home, but a good "inf-like" game might just be worth it ...

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
that would be nice Carpet smoker!

If you want you have the freeaim Node at your disposal. Just tell me if you need it. It is based on the code of another mod (with their permission) called Wiisis.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I just made my first Crysis mini-mod: Crouch is now a toggle key and not a hold key! \o/

Well, to be more accurate, I just theoretically made my first mini-mod, since I have to wait for Visual Studio to finish downloading in order to recompile everything :rolleyes:

I played the game for 30 minutes. Scrap my earlier comment, what a piece of ****. I hit this one guy 10 or 15 times before he died. And the enemies use full auto and seem to *always* hit you whatever the distance.

However, I can see a more "Infiltration-like" game without squinting my eyes too much ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
If you are already playing on DELTA difficulty, and want to add a good 'realism' mod (tangos go down with 1 or 2 bullets) use this:

Reality enhancement, by solecist

And this:

Advanced AI - http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=2255

These should make your crysis experience a bit better :)
Why didn't you tell me before I played the games. :(
This stuff was part of why I enjoyed it less than I could have. :(

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
*LINK FIXED*

Here is a TEST version of (how will i call it... hmm let say) "CryFiltration". If you have an idea for a better name don't hesitate please.

Instructions are in the readme.

The goal of this test release is only to have you test the FreeAim and some other improvements in the first single player level "Island", and on one multiplayer map "SteelMill".

Feedbacks and ideas will be warmly welcomed.

Ok. For unknown reasons Megaupload and rapidshare won't work. So here is a direct link to my dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3xcgire5lv0vzg/CryFiltration.7z

And a ****ty vid to show you a bit about damages and freeaim.
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SCllBUDDV4[/M]

Last edited by a moderator:

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
The freeaim feels about right, very nice!

Leaning is obviously a must, I never liked the leaning in the original Crysis, the sights look weird (They aren't aligned anymore and you're supposed to aim with the front sight. That's just stupid) so that needed some work anyway ...

Weapon inertia is way to high at default, about half feels right.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Thanks for the link Carpet. If the file is large it is because i had to include the two modified levels the file.

About the HUD, i am now trying to remove it. It shouldn't be too much of a trouble.

P.S: @Carpet: I cant send you pm anymore. Is your box full?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Can't try, have black screen that goes not away. I had this at fist, but changed compatibility mode of the launch shortcut and everything worked. Later I changed some RAM related settings in bios (to fix some problems) and I think since then I have the black screen again. Maybe I need a reinstall.