BP SPILLED PARTISAN POLITICS IN MY PERSONAL FREEDOMS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Are you guys still babbling about partisan politics like there really is a difference other than the facade of each of the two main parties in this country?

A little research, and you would know McCain, Romney, Obama, Clinton, or even more Bush, it wouldn't have mattered.

Troops: Still engaged in illegal wars.
Patriot Act: Still in tact.
Economy: Still in shambles.
Constitution: Still in danger of constant assault.
Deepwater Horizon: still spewing oil in the gulf.
American Dollar: Still in it's twilight.
Mainstream Media: Still giving two biased perspectives of the same issues.

Wake up.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I might have been recalling income tax. Still can probably be accounted for by Wars, and pay raises for said budget running officials. Couple huge bailouts... I'd love to agree to it being incompetence, but they just do too many things that are flagrant and shady.

"No WMD's? Oh well, no one will miss that guy anyways."

"Can't find this 6'5" arab on dialysis? Oh well, let's just slowly invade the country, and persecute the people, in the name of fighting that organization we created, and now refer to as terrorists."

Politicians with defense/contruction companies don't even have to vote themselves raises, they just give their companies the juicy government contracts. Thanks Capitalism!

They aren't even being creative with the soon to be Iranian invasion. "Let's use the WMD's thing again, that gets 'em every time!"

We're gonna police ourselves into poverty.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I might have been recalling income tax. Still can probably be accounted for by Wars, and pay raises for said budget running officials. Couple huge bailouts... I'd love to agree to it being incompetence, but they just do too many things that are flagrant and shady.
The combined cost of both wars we are currently engaged in has been less than $1 trillion. And that money shouldn't have been allocated for wars anyway. It was legislated for a specific purpose.

And prior to that we were into huge deficits anyway. The federal government obviously doesn't care if there is money to cover what they spend as long as they make themselves look good and don't lose their jobs.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
The combined cost of both wars we are currently engaged in has been less than $1 trillion. And that money shouldn't have been allocated for wars anyway. It was legislated for a specific purpose.

And prior to that we were into huge deficits anyway. The federal government obviously doesn't care if there is money to cover what they spend as long as they make themselves look good and don't lose their jobs.

Dubya was handed a budget surplus.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Indeed. Then he had to deal with the dramatic excitement of the .com bust along with the problems that creating that surplus dragged behind it.

Creating a budget surplus doesn't do much if all you're doing to reduce spending is increase taxes. Besides, we already know that GWB didn't do everything right.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
which was negative by the time the .com bubble was done correcting. do you really want to compare spending under bush and now under obama? obama's makes bush's spending look like absolute child's play. obama's spent more than all past presidents combined.
Ah, poor oil companies. They're really the victims in all this. :(
did you even try to get the point i was making?

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Thank you though, for paying attention to the least important part of my post, and dragging us back into phony partisan politics.

GJ Ladies. :rolleyes:

[/edit]Just saw the tag. That's cute. My trouble isn't with grammar, it's with sleeping, and sometimes trying to type as fast as I think :p [/edit]

Last edited:

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Thank you though, for paying attention to the least important part of my post, and dragging us back into phony partisan politics.
oh yes, we know that republicans and dems are the same. go make some bumper stickers :lol:

and btw: most of us already know what corporatism is. do you?

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I believe I made a post about BP being in bed with the federal government.

I'm fully aware of the oligarchy we live in. Further supports the notion that each of the two parties are no different, because all their strings are pulled by money from these corporations.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I guess. I also don't like the fact that the current administration feels like they can just point at someone and tell them that they owe the government $20 billion dollars and expect that it will be paid :p

Yeah, I feel the same way. It reminds me of that time I crashed my car into somebody else and they expected me to pay. I mean, I didn't physically hit their car, my car did. I said Honda should pay for it since they were the one responsible for making a car that went faster than I should be going. I just gave them the money for a car to use as transportation. I didn't tell them how to make that car, nor did I tell them it to have had a better breaking distance. This was all stuff done by them. It's really Honda and that person that needs to work it out. All I wanted to do was get my life back.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, I feel the same way. It reminds me of that time I crashed my car into somebody else and they expected me to pay. I mean, I didn't physically hit their car, my car did. I said Honda should pay for it since they were the one responsible for making a car that went faster than I should be going. I just gave them the money for a car to use as transportation. I didn't tell them how to make that car, nor did I tell them it to have had a better breaking distance. This was all stuff done by them. It's really Honda and that person that needs to work it out. All I wanted to do was get my life back.
Yeah totally. It reminds me of that time I drove by someone's house and then a few days later I got a bill from them for $20 billion dollars and a threat to blow up my car, my house and everything else I might have owned if I didn't comply. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with BP being held accountable. BP should pay for this, of that there is no doubt. This has to do with this administration believing they have the power to demand anything without going through the same due process every citizen, business and government in this country is required to do when there has been a grievance. The President is not immune from law.

In your example, this would be the equivalent of the person you hit with your car telling you that you have to pay them for the damages immediately and you have no choice but to comply. Our system just doesn't work that way.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
hal said:
lol,,:mad:
Ã1ÀÃ￾SVW‰Ã‰Ö‰Ï‰øèÌÿÿÿ‰ù‰Ç…öt ‰Â‰ðè/õÿÿ‰Øèøþÿÿ‰;_^[ËÀ1ÉŠ

ةٓعظأص٫ٲچڝةגא▐▄▒╡╙╬╩∏ГЕтЗЕЋЂאָﺼĘ

:) ;) :eek: :lol: :mad: :( :eek: :D :rolleyes: :chainsaw: :shy: :y5: :shock: :confused: :wavey: :boom: :rl: :mwink: :Poop: :ripper: :rant: :fluffle: :eek2:
Wha?

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
In your example, this would be the equivalent of the person you hit with your car telling you that you have to pay them for the damages immediately and you have no choice but to comply. Our system just doesn't work that way.
or the cops that arrive on the scene (executive branch) "persuade" you to hand over a ton of cash