UT3 UOF Map Pack in progress, coming soon!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
UOF Map Pack now available !

UOF Map Pack

Now available here !

Description:

The idea of this pack, launched in December 2009 consists of maps designed by a group of amateur level designers all around the world who have had the taste to develop & share their work with the UT3 community.

This pack is intended to be primarily a fun group project made by a great bunch of friends that combines several different styles of maps. The pack include maps that cover all gametypes. Some maps are more HOLP oriented, others mored meshed & others a mix of the two depending on the author.

We intend to show some pics of the included maps once in a while before releasing the pack. The estimated release date is July 1, 2010.

All details will be added progressively until the pack is available for download.

Meanwhile, enjoy the very nice wallpapers made by Thrallala. Also, by clicking the "Wallpapers" link beside each map, you will get an archive containing 2 jpeg's in 1680x1050 & 1440x900 :

CTF-AndAction! 2K10 by 1xTrEmE Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9485/ctfuofandaction1680x105.jpg[/screenshot]

CTF-Incinerate by Thrallala Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6199/ctfuofincinerate1680x10.jpg[/screenshot]

DM-Aero by Sébastien NOVA Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4345/dmuofaero1680x1050.jpg[/screenshot]

DM-Hibernate by Thrallala Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3170/dmuofhibernate1680x1050.jpg[/screenshot]

DM-Hidrotrik by Odedge Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5356/dmuofhidrotrik1680x1050.jpg[/screenshot]

DM-Orbital flux by Lord_PorkSword Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4766/dmuoforbitalflux1680x10.jpg[/screenshot]

DM-Peak by Bl!tz Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9144/dmuofpeak1680x1050.jpg[/screenshot]

VCTF-Compound by Diesalot Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/999/vctfuofcompound1680x105.jpg[/screenshot]

WAR-Artica by Lord_PorkSword Wallpapers

[screenshot]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9835/waruofartica1680x1050.jpg[/screenshot]

Requirements:

UT3 patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

Credits:

Level designers (fonctions)

Craig 'Diesalot' (mapping, testing)
Éric 'Bl!tz' Rigard (mapping, testing, internal coordination)
Jeff 'Odedge' (mapping, testing, internal coordination, Greed conversion, automated installer)
Joe-1x '1xTrEmE' (mapping, testing, internal coordination)
Jonatan 'Thrallala' Czapnik (mapping, testing, wallpapers)
Michael 'Lord_PorkSword' Lomman (mapping, testing)
Ryan 'rathalos150' Karlovsky (mapping, testing)
Sébastien 'NOVA' (mapping, testing, special request)
Steve 'Stevelois' Loiselle (testing, readme template, main readme, advertisements, archives management)

Testers

Jeremy (Bane the Zergling)
KaiShun
Rulaman
TIPPER

Last edited:

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Hey steve long time to see you dude! Whats about that ctf map ¿or was dm dunno? that you said will be out sometime out for 2010? I would like a lot to see in this great mappack variety is good dudes! XD

As for this mappack, the warfare map i see a lot and strong cya colour it may hurt sometimes the eyes ( Dunno if in real time playing is the same, this is just an pic so its hard to say what is it) maybe you can add some light cyan variety it reminds to Aurora Borealis. Reflection in cave's walls or so.

The terrain is ok but seems like a bit plain in textures or so.

Anyway good pack! Im lookin forward when you release good to see new life to UT3 xd

Offtopic question: Barballs is there any chance for an new holp pack mate?

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Some of those look quite nice. Although a few could use some tweaks, especially in the lighting department, but good job.

We have few weeks left ahead so maybe the look (lighting) may change a bit from today depending on the author. I hope you will play & comment them when time come ;)

Looking great guys! Congrats!

THX dude. BTW, I'm still waiting for 2 maps of yours :p

Hey steve long time to see you dude! Whats about that ctf map ¿or was dm dunno? that you said will be out sometime out for 2010? I would like a lot to see in this great mappack variety is good dudes! XD

As for this mappack, the warfare map i see a lot and strong cya colour it may hurt sometimes the eyes ( Dunno if in real time playing is the same, this is just an pic so its hard to say what is it) maybe you can add some light cyan variety it reminds to Aurora Borealis. Reflection in cave's walls or so.

The terrain is ok but seems like a bit plain in textures or so.

Anyway good pack! Im lookin forward when you release good to see new life to UT3 xd

Offtopic question: Barballs is there any chance for an new holp pack mate?

Hey dude, been a while :D

The pack & many other things keep me very busy.

In fact, I have 3-4 maps I'm working on. Some will be release in 2010 but I can't say when. They can be release in standalone or in a map pack. Dunno yet, time will tell. But check my homepage for news, when I decide something, been sure of the direction I take, I post it officially on my homepage so you will be informed.

If I of the map can make it on time, it will be include in the pack or else in standalone or in another pack... ;)

For comments about individual maps, I'll let the authors answer. I can't answer for them :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Damn, really like that second shot of DM-Hibernate.

Kind of reminds me of UT2004 in a good way.

Lord_Porksword

Connoisseur of Bourbon!
Feb 11, 2009
South Australia
The guys have done some great work on their maps so I hope yaz like them when they're released. :)

Regarding Artica, yes it's quite bright and the guys have asked me to tone it down somewhat. I like the brightness but will be doing some tweaking on the terrain, and lighting, to see if I can keep it how I like it but also have it feel toned down. There's now a third material painted on the terrain to give it a bit more variety and also give a visual indicator of where you can drive etc.. The lighting will be undergoing changes before final as well.
Warning though...you'll need a semi decent PC to run this map at decent framerates! Dual core CPU +9800 or 8800SLi setup minimum.

The map is Axon vs Necris and most vehicles are present. All weapons are in as well!

Orbital Flux is the latest effort in my Orbital series. It a low grav map for 4-10 players with all weapons except the Avril!

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
The guys have done some great work on their maps so I hope yaz like them when they're released. :)

Regarding Artica, yes it's quite bright and the guys have asked me to tone it down somewhat. I like the brightness but will be doing some tweaking on the terrain, and lighting, to see if I can keep it how I like it but also have it feel toned down. There's now a third material painted on the terrain to give it a bit more variety and also give a visual indicator of where you can drive etc.. The lighting will be undergoing changes before final as well.
Warning though...you'll need a semi decent PC to run this map at decent framerates! Dual core CPU +9800 or 8800SLi setup minimum.

The map is Axon vs Necris and most vehicles are present. All weapons are in as well!

Orbital Flux is the latest effort in moy Orbital series. It a low grav map for 4-10 players with all weapons except the Avril!

If you want people to play that war map it'll need to play well most people don't run powerful rigs. Looking at the screens I can't see why it would need so much power?

Bl!tz

...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo
Looking nice. However, Peak and Arctic look very unfinished compared to the rest of the pack.

thx for comments and srry that peak gives u that feeling; i m not a "pro" mapper and i tryed my best to do it as close as the original (gameplay & athmosphere); for the visuals all "my maps" are build so; simple lighting on simple meshing...i m probably more a gamer than an mapper :lol:

Lord_Porksword

Connoisseur of Bourbon!
Feb 11, 2009
South Australia
Funnily enough both of them maps are near final.

Artica could have a lot more detail but you'll need a uber PC to be able to run it. The terrains alone in Artica will give ya PC a good run for it's money!

Our pack has visual variety rather than everything looking 'modern UT3ish'. Some prefer old-skool visuals and others like newer UT3 visuals. Hopefully there's something in the pack to satisfy everyones tastes.

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Incinerate, Aero, and Hibernate look good from the screenshots. Hope they play well also.... nice work mappers :)

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Incinerate, Aero, and Hibernate look good from the screenshots. Hope they play well also.... nice work mappers :)

From a general POV, I can say that gameplay & flow is the primary focus of the maps. A beautiful map that as poor gameplay & bad flow worth nothing unless you want to show your skills which most of the time isn't fun to play.

Visuals & atmosphere depend on each author. By testing & playing all those maps & some since months now, I can say that there are fun to play :)

After all, we all begun to play before knowing how to map :D

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
I'm sorry to announce that the pack will be a bit delayed.

The first planed date was 21th of June but now it's July 1, 2010.

Some crew members need a bit more time to finish there work so we extend the release date 1 week later.

Stay tune.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
That's OK, I still have about 30 UT3 maps left to try.:)

EDIT: It's down to 20 now and I'm only a month and a half behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.