Epic forums???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
To tell you the truth, I like it better over there now than the way it was with Atari and especially better than INA. It just seems better organized and easier to find stuff. I'm usually just looking for maps or asking for hardware/UT-related stuff like that anyway. No BSing like I do here and other places.;)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I think a lot of visitors to the Epic forums can see where the problems actually lie. Look at the Gears versus the UT3 forums. Many of the issues tend to stem from younger, feistier users in the Gears forums and it spills over into the UT3 forums, where it gets amplified. But check out the UDK forums. They are frequented by more mature visitors who are content with sharing/finding information, not airing out their dirty laundry or bitching in general. Seriously, you don't see a lot of threads getting closed/deleted in the UDK forums.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I know Flak personally, and to imply that she is intentionally making the Epic Forums a bad place is actually quite offensive to me.

Sorry, but that's your bit. However you feel about her is strictly between you & her. I don't hold a grudge against you for liking her & I certainly ain't going to hold any grudges against anyone for disliking her. That's their bit.

It all boils down to, if you don't like a place, don't visit there.

I've already told you that I don't visit there, any more.

Nobody at Epic is forcing you to view their forums, but it seems like common courtesy to respect the way they choose to run them.

Now you already know that not everybody is going to see it that way. Hence the earlier posts by JD & Skakruk.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Sorry, but that's your bit. However you feel about her is strictly between you & her. I don't hold a grudge against you for liking her & I certainly ain't going to hold any grudges against anyone for disliking her. That's their bit.
It's not about caring if someone does or does not like Flak. It's about hating a person for doing the job they were hired to do.
I've already told you that I don't visit there, any more.
My point is why even bother going there to tell people to **** off? If you don't like it there, stop going there. Don't keep going there so you can whine and moan about how you don't like it there. If you hate a restaurant do you stop by and tell them to **** off or do you just go somewhere else? If the former, you must have a lot more spare time than I do.
Now you already know that not everybody is going to see it that way. Hence the earlier posts by JD & Skakruk.
They don't like it, but they DO respect it.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
It's not about caring if someone does or does not like Flak. It's about hating a person for doing the job they were hired to do.

It is not her job to make blatant false accusations against anyone, like she did me. Never once in that thread did I insult anyone directly. Her statement to me about "not needing insults to get my point across -- last warning" was pure horsesh!t. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. Nobody likes to be falsely accused. Many consider it to be a blatant act of war. That's where the trouble started. I don't dislike her for being a moderator there. What I dislike was the fact that she thought she could get a away this stupid stunt, because she held moderator privileges. Big mistake & more than one person has confided to me that she was out of line.

My point is why even bother going there to tell people to **** off? If you don't like it there, stop going there. Don't keep going there so you can whine and moan about how you don't like it there. If you hate a restaurant do you stop by and tell them to **** off or do you just go somewhere else? If the former, you must have a lot more spare time than I do.

I did not set out to tell somebody there to **** off. It happened because it was provoked. She got what she deserved for the reason I stated above & she will think long & hard before doing it to anybody else, if she has any sense. I've already told you twice, I don't go there, anymore. I never posted once there that I didn't like it there, nor did I post here that I didn't like it there, for that matter, until the incident that I described above happened. Sorry, but your restaurant comparison is off the beaten path.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It is not her job to make blatant false accusations against anyone, like she did me. Never once in that thread did I insult anyone directly. Her statement to me about "not needing insults to get my point across -- last warning" was pure horsesh!t. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. Nobody likes to be falsely accused. Many consider it to be a blatant act of war. That's where the trouble started. I don't dislike her for being a moderator there. What I dislike was the fact that she thought she could get a away this stupid stunt, because she held moderator privileges. Big mistake & more than one person has confided to me that she was out of line.
I can't find any of this on Epic's forums, and, frankly, I have a hard time believing she would accuse you of doing something you didn't do. At any rate, you could have been the better person and just stopped posting there.
I did not set out to tell somebody there to **** off. It happened because it was provoked. She got what she deserved for the reason I stated above & she will think long & hard before doing it to anybody else, if she has any sense. I've already told you twice, I don't go there, anymore. I never posted once there that I didn't like it there, nor did I post here that I didn't like it there, for that matter, until the incident that I described above happened. Sorry, but your restaurant comparison is off the beaten path.
It really doesn't matter if it was provoked. If you shoot someone because they asked you to, you'll still go to jail.

My restaurant comparison is only off the beaten path if you didn't go back after your ego got bruised.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
You? Nothing. If anything, it's brdempsey69's fault for being a sorry whiner.

You need to learn to discern the difference between somebody whining & somebody telling it like it is. I'm not complaining about being banned from there. You have got it all wrong. I expected it to happen & I'm merely telling how it came about. It's always easier to tell the next guy "don't cry over spilled milk" than it is to be the recipient of that statement. Would you want somebody telling you not to feel bad about it, if you were falsely accused of a crime that you didn't commit and you had to spend time in jail for for it? Who's kidding who? You'd be downright outraged. And you need to learn to mind your own business.

Sir Brizz, this is where the trouble started with this statement made by her.

BRDempsey, you do not need insults to get your point across. Last warning.

As I said, I did not insult anybody directly. She had my respect at one point, but this is where she lost it completely. Nobody likes to be wrongfully accused of doing something they didn't do. How you deal with it when it happens to you is your discretion. Myself, I will not put up with it. The shooting example & restaurant example are not good comparisons.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Popcorn_nommer.gif

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I must admit, the admins over there can be right pricks sometimes. IMy previous incarnation there had threads locked and posts deleted for all sorts of petty reasons. This si why I mostly stick to BUF.

Funny how I never received a warning or had a culled account in five years time. And I did my share of posting there. Nothing like on these forums, but still.

Brdempsey, you were banned from an internet forum for telling an administrator to "**** off" after being warned not to use insults.

Get over it man. For crying out loud. How old are you.

Last edited:

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Brdempsey, you were banned from an internet forum for telling an administrator to "**** off" after being warned not to use insults.

Get over it man. For crying out loud. How old are you.

I've acknowledged that & I'm simply telling how it came about. Has nothing to do with age. You say get over it, but I've got to tell you, I don't feel bad about it or any remorse. I'm simply telling how it came about & I already have told you, I do not tolerate false accusations from anyone.

It's almost like you're telling me "if somebody shoots at you, get over it, don't fight back". Not going to happen. Sorry.

Last edited:

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I think it has a lot to do with age :) Not fighting back and getting over it is a good sign your over the age of 18... It's the internet, nobody here knows you so let it go.

Rubbish !! Why don't you let it go & not post responses over what should be no concern of yours. By posting responses, you are opening the door for me to present a counter-case. Don't like that, too bad. Like you said, it's the internet.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
As I said, I did not insult anybody directly. She had my respect at one point, but this is where she lost it completely. Nobody likes to be wrongfully accused of doing something they didn't do. How you deal with it when it happens to you is your discretion. Myself, I will not put up with it. The shooting example & restaurant example are not good comparisons.
A comparison does not have to be acceptable to you to be applicable. I don't really care what her post to you said, I have no other basis to go off of other than that I know Flak and don't believe she would do what you've accused her of.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
A comparison does not have to be acceptable to you to be applicable. I don't really care what her post to you said, I have no other basis to go off of other than that I know Flak and don't believe she would do what you've accused her of.

Fair enough. I can see where you are coming from. So be it. Just to let you know, myself & some others don't see it that way, so my stance remains unchanged

Last edited:

dizzm

Oct 21, 2008
gamersportal.com
Epic's moderator's were quite a piece of work :) Not to mention the reasons War Tourist banned cd-key's but I won't get into that. Not here to rip on Epic. Although I can recall the early day's of 2k4 and some of the things FlaK would say in pub's over in-game voice and it wasn't by any means 'mature'. But those day's are long gone, Epic's forums are practically dead bedside's their console titles and this place is a decent alternative so who care's anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.