UDK UDK environment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
Now that's what we've been waiting for! Really unreal and perfect in every detail. It's not a sum of numerous polygons and lights anymore, it's impresssion of pure magic.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You've clearly improved using the UDK. Or maybe it's how the lighting looks so good. :)

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
The only criticism I have is that the heads and skeleton parts of the statues look really goofy compared to the mood in the rest of the level.

FamilyGuyDeath.jpg

Last edited:

Pyronious

Good morning vietn.. Unreal!
Mar 10, 2008
The only criticism I have is that the heads and skeleton parts of the statues look really goofy compared to the mood in the rest of the level.

if its a bone, i agree, but it could also be a tree branch xD

EDIT: its my background now :3

Last edited:

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
You've clearly improved using the UDK. Or maybe it's how the lighting looks so good. :)

I think half of it is the lighting XD The other half is I've just never been able to sit down and really put my all into a level in the last few years, always have to release it earlier than I would like or rush my work. Taking my time on this level ;)

I never really thought about that actually XD I just thought they added a neat touch to the level. I guess they do look kinda out of place when I sit and look at them now XD

Thanks everyone :D

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
Now that's what we've been waiting for! Really unreal and perfect in every detail. It's not a sum of numerous polygons and lights anymore, it's impresssion of pure magic.

I completely agree. I haven't felt immersed in a single map that came or was made with UT3. But just looking at these screenshots and looking at the videos, I almost get the same feeling when I first played unreal.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
That's awesome :) I am going for a fully immersive level. The level is coming pretty near to being finished. I'm still holding out till I'm entirely happy with it though. Since there is hardly any gameplay to be had in the UDK this level is focused mostly on the visuals. The level is probably about 3X more demanding than any UT3 level I've made so far but performance is still actually better than some of my UT3 levels were so hopefully it's not much of an issue for anyone :)

shletten

Shletten
Jul 16, 2008
Canada\Québec
It looks fabulous. Man, I wish they'd upgrade UT3's engine so we could have maps that are as beautiful as this. Many maps for UT3 are very impressive but the lighting is very static and dull (there are no shadows, no SSAO, no radiosity). With UDK, it's all different. It's as beautiful as Mirror's Edge if not more.

Why did you name it with the prefix DM? Does that mean it works in UT3? If it does, I guess there's no SSAO right?

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
I thought at first this map would be release for UT3. I won't download GB just to install UDK to play with only 1 map. Shame we can't truly enjoy this fantastic looking level in UT3 :(

But, it look fantastic (trust me I don't say "fantastic" nor "gorgeous" often so this is a very high compliment coming from me) so if one day I decide to install UDK, this map will be the first I'll look at it.

Last edited: