jailbreak beta2 freeback

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
I give you my freeback

Maps:

JB-Rebirth:
-during online match rocket turret (in jail) can doesnt work

JB-Strand:
-there isn't arena : if all human are jailled match is blocked because bot stays in stairs
-its rare but the train can not move in some match

JB-Seven:
-Preview Fixed with "PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:JB-Seven.Materials.ScreenshotMaterial>"
-light not fixed: when i play near "seven light effect" light on my current weapon flashes

JB-FacingWorlds:
-a strange blocked volume on mid:

-its possible to escape from jail with hammerjump if lowgravity is actived :D
-if lowgravity is actived i can teleport himself in arena (of opposite team in screenshot)

-deep between redjail-redgoal more large than bluejail-bluegoal
(its possible to teleport in bluejail from the top of the tower blue when in
red side the teleporter is stopped by blocking volumes)

JB-Gasoline:
-if a human becomes a titan in front of prison he prevents team to move into jail (with the pushing)
-a hole between rock

JB-Makoy: there isn't arena

Status of available's servers :
-Hedsteem (updated on beta2) you just need to download 19files: it works
-ToJ (multi modes but updated on beta2, with bot) its works
-NIX (updated on beta2, no bot) it works
-Subk (always on beta1) jailbreak ui not downloadable
-FragBU : version of the maps differs from the beta 2 release

General:
-force hoverboard & no hoverboard cant can not be active at the same time (very well)
but it is still possible to activate force hoverboard & force translocator
-after celebration screen character stay 1more second if you lag

-on celebration screen character (or text) doesnt appears during online and offline match : common mistake

-during online match the announcer often forgets to say you "you are the last...." and its not appears on your hud
-mutator for jailbreak testing doesnt work when i tape command in console F10 (may be only with me?)

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Thanks for your input! :) I'm answering the ones I know about... :rolleyes:
JB-Strand: I dont understand why jail's grid on platform opens (there's just a fan and iam dead)
It's supposed to be an escape route. Not sure if bots are able to use it, you may have to cooperate with other humans to get out of jail successfully...

JB-FacingWorlds: When a team is release only one of two jumpads is actived
The other jumpad is an escape route... ;)

-release protection useless if titan camp front jail
Never tried this... if release protection is on you don't take any damage from an enemy titan do you? By the time protection runs out you should've been able to get out of his sight. Anyway, can't wait to see the Titan version of the Llama... :D

LOC_int.upk is supposed to speed up the loading time, no? (Enlighten me plz)
Yup, the .upk file is generated when you cook a map to release publicly and it's supposed to fasten loading times. Problem is the JB code is embedded into that package, and every time the JB code is updated, you have to cook the maps again which is stupid and time-consuming... :tdown:

It also makes materials not to load at a decent resolution until you've actually loaded the map. I'm not sure about the other levels, but the cooked version of Makoy was kinda laggy during the first minute of play because the game was busy loading some normal maps and stuff... so cooking a map normally isn't worth it... :p

command menu (for taunt) innacessible during the Celebration Screen
You can still use the J, K, L keys for default taunts, right?

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
thank you for this clarification, I just play a game online with <))fk((>nero on one server that works but,without bot it became singles duel

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Titan vs protected player: Yes, release protection stops the damage, but appearantly it doesn't stop the ragdolling/pushing, so a Titan could effectively prevent protected players from leaving jail. If any custom maps would contain the Darkwalker, it could probably be abused the same way. The Redeemer also has a knockdown effect against opponents surviving the explosion.

Right now I can only see how to prevent the ragdolling in general and the Redeemer's pushback, but the Titan/Darkwalker push is a bit tricky. Not sure if that can be stopped without replacing the Darkwalker/Titan pushing code.

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
Ah, it's nice to see jailbreak back :)

Had a quick bounce around the maps and dug out a few exploits.

JB-Precinct - Biggest issue is the jails don't reach far enough vertically on either side, so you can either ladder out of the volume or hammer jump onto the edges of the jails to avoid ending the round.
[screenshot]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113201/jb3/jb-precinct-exploit-bluejail.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113201/jb3/jb-precinct-exploit-redjail.jpg[/screenshot]
Secondly there's no blocking over the top of the map, so it's possible to hammer onto the top of the buildings and get out of the map from there. Or just translocate straight over. Here's a demo showing exactly how to get out.

JB-Rebirth - Trivial to hammer jump over the blocking volumes around the main map, and on top of all the structures inside the map. The arena has no volumes around it at all, so you can just jump out.
There's also a curious issue in the jail, where at a specific height it no longer registers you as being in jail. It's not a height you can stand in, so you'd have to ladder into it to abuse it. I used fly to take the screenshot.
[screenshot]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113201/jb3/jb-rebirth-jailglitch.jpg[/screenshot]
Finally these girders above the flak/rocket ammo don't have any collision.
[screenshot]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113201/jb3/jb-rebirth-hiding.jpg[/screenshot]

JB-Seven - Same as rebirth, it's very easy to hammer jump onto the walls/buildings and run around the edge of the map.

JB-Yajim - There's no blocking above the stinger so you can hammer jump out there. Red side only.
[screenshot]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/113201/jb3/jb-yaijm-oob-redsideonly.jpg[/screenshot]

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I updated the thread
Thanks again! Let us know if you notice anyting else... :tup:
JB-Strand: -its rare but the train can not move in some match
More info about this would be awesome. Trains not working has been mentioned several times but no one really knows what's causing the bug and how to fix it... They always work fine on the first round so it may be something execution-related...

JB-Makoy: -sometimes bot (or a human player) can be blocked in jail door
Yup, Danny pointed it out some months ago... didn't care about this because it can't be exploited to keep the jaildoors open, and it should be very unlikely to happen since the jaildoors close very fast... will fix it for the next release if I finally work out a solution...

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Trains not working has been mentioned several times but no one really knows what's causing the bug and how to fix it... They always work fine on the first round so it may be something execution-related...
For me its a collision error between trainplaceholder and staticmeshe of train
( or an error when physic of placeholder is loaded)
I continue to search.

JB-FacingWorlds: When a team is release only one of two jumpads is actived
The other jumpad is an escape route...
perhaps but I've never seen work it

Yup, Danny pointed it out some months ago... didn't care about this because it can't be exploited to keep the jaildoors open, and it should be very unlikely to happen since the jaildoors close very fast... will fix it for the next release if I finally work out a solution...
it was just for show: it's actually rather fun ;)

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The alternate escape on Facing Worlds is activated by becoming a Titan inside the jail tower and doing a melee attack on the pad there. The player activating the escape won't make it out, but all others in the jail have a chance to escape via the second jumppad.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Right now I can only see how to prevent the ragdolling in general and the Redeemer's pushback, but the Titan/Darkwalker push is a bit tricky. Not sure if that can be stopped without replacing the Darkwalker/Titan pushing code.
it is not necessary to stop it but just to punish the titan
(as told G.Lecter "Anyway, can't wait to see the Titan version of the Llama")

The alternate escape on Facing Worlds is activated by becoming a Titan inside the jail tower and doing a melee attack on the pad there. The player activating the escape won't make it out, but all others in the jail have a chance to escape via the second jumppad.
titan suicide..interresting thx

Venom007

Jan 20, 2010
Seems to run Ok With All OF Hedsteem's Weapons/Vehicles and Modified Titan. Will report more bugs as they come in (if any).

Good Work Fellas.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Trains not working has been mentioned several times but no one really knows what's causing the bug and how to fix it... They always work fine on the first round so it may be something execution-related...

finally I think it's an error during the auto rebuilding state of train actors
"GotoState('Rebuilding')" : isnt a map bug but an engine error

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
"GotoState('Rebuilding')" : isnt a map bug but an engine error

Thank you, this is a lot more detailed an error report than we normally receive. I appreciate you looking into the problem. Hopefully this info will help us track it down or find a workaround if it is an engine bug.

Venom007

Jan 20, 2010
Ok Online Play Tested, Seems As If you get 5-6 Players on It starts to have alot of Online Replication issues...(Players saying they are released but jail not opening, stuff like that) The server is fine as I have others on it running fine...I'm not sure If its a map issue or what but It seems to do it randomly on all the maps. I'll report more specifics when I get them.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Kind of strange, we didn't have issues like that back when we were playing on FragBU...

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Nor when I played some 4v4 JB online on Monday. There are some known replication issues with online play, such as turrets falling off of the ceiling or lag in player positions on the radar. But we didn't experience any type of game breaking issues or incorrect announcements.

I'll be interesting in getting more detail if you can.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
I updated the thread

if confirmed: is a known error by epic; they said "There's no clean way to replace the actors, so some minor hax are needed"

You can still use the J, K, L keys for default taunts, right?
and titan's key to a touchdown :)

lag in player positions on the radar
I forgot to mention it: indicators do not move more then reappear later I had associated with a simple lag
I'll be interesting in getting more detail if you can.
how I can best explain that?

Last edited:

h34dcr4sh

JB Mapper
Sep 1, 2008
Oldenburg, Germany
I give you my freeback

Maps:

JB-Gasoline:
-if a human becomes a titan in front of prison he prevents team to move into jail (with the pushing)
-a hole between rock

I don't understand the problem with the titan...

Can you show me the exact position of the hole?

JB-Pagoda: -with hammerjump or lowgrav its possible to climb on roofs

I will add some blocking volumes

Status of available's servers :
-NIX (updated on beta2) no bot while in browser i see "+10"

That should be fixed. I've added "NumPlay=0" to the startparameters