ProU bites it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
squngebibsparepoonts.jpg

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
[SAS]GHETTO BOY;2319123 said:
lolz it all went down when proballa aka profaggot was given admin to the site banning me and several others back in 2007.. he threw away the key and we all never got to log in ever again.. sad but true. but i still UT till the end of this man

I even started trends on prounreal.com

holy **** it's ghetto boy
icon_arrow.gif

[SAS]GHETTO BOY

Jul 14, 2009
sup pine..yup, I still play UT, the greatest game ever accomplished by the two hands of man.. oh yes, I forgot to mention that I just discovered some new mods and secret servers. Seem's UT is still very much alive.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Eh?

Every forum has good and bad people, just like BU. D:

Sure. The difference between BuF and ProU forums is that here we just have a few weirdos whereas on ProU some posters had an ego the size of a small mountain.

Life has serious issues.

What's your point?

It's a good thing the site closed down and it's one less place that encourages idiocy on the net. You're probably going to say that there was nothing wrong with it. However, some of the topics posted on the forums showed that the core of regulars did nothing to attract fresh players into the series and had nothing better to do than stir up **** on a daily basis. So good riddance I say.

In saying this I mean no disrespect towards the ex-ProU posters here that are at least capable of articulating a phrase without punctuating it with a fu. You guys know where you stand and good luck with launching a better community if that's what you're planning.

Last edited:

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
It's a good thing the site closed down and it's one less place that encourages idiocy on the net. You're probably going to say that there was nothing wrong with it. However, some of the topics posted on the forums showed that the core of regulars did nothing to attract fresh players into the series and had nothing better to do than stir up **** on a daily basis. So good riddance I say.

In saying this I mean no disrespect towards the ex-ProU posters here that are at least capable of articulating a phrase without punctuating it with a fu. You guys know where you stand and good luck with launching a better community if that's what you're planning.

It is not a good thing that site is down, I will fully agree that ProU had it's own set of issues, but with it gone, there is no place for competitive UT. ProU was not for the new player like BUF is, it was for the established player looking to go to the next level. There used to be a site for most of the game types to do that, and ProU was the last one (NA wise).

In my view, the death of ProU is a sign that there will never be a competitive UT again. Which you may not give a damn about, but I do.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
If there's a real need, the interested parties will do what's possible to get another site floating again. And the fact that the site was unique doesn't justify anything. I don't know why ProU is offline but it's a certainty that the majority of the people on the forums would do absolutely nothing to avert a closure or come up with anything in terms of a solution. That's what's so pathetic about this news. I mean, if you genuinely appreciate something, the least you can do is show a minimum of support.

Aside from that, you have your way of seeing things. Flip the picture around and maybe, just maybe, competitive gaming on UT has gone downhill because of the piss-poor attitude of the more experienced players. Since you have interest in competitive play, you'll probably agree that this is partially true.

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Sure. The difference between BuF and ProU forums is that here we just have a few weirdos whereas on ProU some posters had an ego the size of a small mountain.

Have you ever frequented sports related forums? They make even ProU look like a bunch of candyasses.

Just let it go...

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Comparing sports and video games is laughable. Anyway, I've already let it go. Keep talking about the site's closure. If the site isn't ressurected or if isn't replaced, you can draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
I've emailied all the people involved with the ownership of ProU. None have responded. It seems rather odd to me that the site has not been back up yet because there is really no reason for it to be down other than the paymets weren't made for this year.

I have no idea why "whoever" will just let the site die. It's stupid IMO. I believe over 100 people still posted there on a regular basis and many of the forums were being put to good use.

The site isn't really dead......it's the son of a bitch who owns the material who wants it to die. He has no reason NOT to either

1) Sell it
2) Give the software to someone who knows how to keep a website going

All they have to do is pay for the damn domain and it goes back up but I am clueless on how to run a website. There are a number of people out there who would have paid the domain fees or whatever they are to keep the site going.

As for the people here who say "good riddance" I have a few choice words for you but I don't want to get banned. If you didn't like the site then don't visit......it's that easy. I will admit that there were some people who crossed the line with noobs but if you can't take a few bad words on the internet how the hell do you deal with real life?

For example, someone calls you a faggot on the internet. You either flame back, ignore or leave. Someone calls you a faggot to your face what are you going to do? Log off life? Gimme a break. You either roll with the punches and grow a pair or you jump off a very tall building. Getting your feelings hurt by someone on the internet is like crying at a funny movie. Makes no sense to me.

The people who can't take a few bad words on the internet are probably the ones who log off life early too and to THAT I say good riddance weakling. No one was there to hold your hand and burp you like a baby. When you visited that site you most likely knew what you were getting into. If you thought that maybe we would go out for a hand in hand stroll you really need to get help. It's the damn internet. I'm so sick and tired of people crying about the way they get treated because they didn't like the words someone posted.

I'm done ranting. I want my ProU back damnit so I can flame noobs and bash hababy again. I want to talk politics and movies with people who LIKE to FLAME and still talk intelligently.

Lostsoul get to work on getting ProU back or I will smash your testicles with a mallet :mad::)

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Well my rant worked

ProU is back

For those who want to find it................they will

For those who hated it..........don't bother coming around :D

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
If you thought that maybe we would go out for a hand in hand stroll you really need to get help. It's the damn internet. I'm so sick and tired of people crying about the way they get treated because they didn't like the words someone posted.

It isn't about bad mouthing but just showing an example. If you think the internet excuses everything then I guess you like the idea of pedophiles stalking (your or your relatives ?) children. So, just because everyone is anonymous and behind a screen, it doesn't mean it's the "place where everything goes". Because, believe me, there's a lot of legal stuff happening that will change that in the short term future and downloading mp3s and movies will be something to avoid. Yeah, I realize you guys are having fun flaming each other but the casual newcomer who isn't part of the club won't know what the rules of the game are.

With that said, I'm less of a prick than I appear to be and I'd have no problem helping you guys out getting a site back online if this little ressurection doesn't work out ;) .

P.S: Better make sure whoever the new "boss" is that he's on your side :p .

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
It isn't about bad mouthing but just showing an example. If you think the internet excuses everything then I guess you like the idea of pedophiles stalking (your or your relatives ?) children. So, just because everyone is anonymous and behind a screen, it doesn't mean it's the "place where everything goes". Because, believe me, there's a lot of legal stuff happening that will change that in the short term future and downloading mp3s and movies will be something to avoid. Yeah, I realize you guys are having fun flaming each other but the casual newcomer who isn't part of the club won't know what the rules of the game are.

With that said, I'm less of a prick than I appear to be and I'd have no problem helping you guys out getting a site back online if this little ressurection doesn't work out ;) .

P.S: Better make sure whoever the new "boss" is that he's on your side :p .

That stuff happens here too... What's your point?

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
If you think the internet excuses everything then I guess you like the idea of pedophiles stalking (your or your relatives ?) children

Az, if I thought you were an unintelligent poster I would have let this go. But seeing that you have more than a semblance of brain power I have to question your choice in using pedophiles as an example.

I myself never said that "the internet excuses everything". Calling someone names or referencing smelly turds to the likeness of someones mom in no way or form is the same as pedophilia.

You could have made much better choices as examples. That particular one was quite scary indeed but it doesn't match up very well with the idea of calling someones mom an aunt jemima :)

loteck

Coniferous
Jan 28, 2006
the only thing that matters about the death of prou is if anyone knows who was the last person to post in the longest-thread-ever thread in the Kore forum. everyone needs to focus on figuring this out.

also i couldn't care less about all this but if you dont ban ghettoboy on sight, you obviously learned nothing from prou.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
the only thing that matters about the death of prou is if anyone knows who was the last person to post in the longest-thread-ever thread in the Kore forum. everyone needs to focus on figuring this out.

also i couldn't care less about all this but if you dont ban ghettoboy on sight, you obviously learned nothing from prou.

This is what happens when NOOBZ don't read all the posts.

It is back.

And I won that thread.

Then I locked it

and loled @ the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::mad::D

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
That stuff happens here too... What's your point?

It does but some people here are decent enough to jump in when things go too far. Look at the stuff people have been saying on xtc. With him being a father, the worst thing you can do is call him a pedo. I know it was tempting to act like that with the reactions he's had but a few had the decency to take his defense. Besides that, I don't think I've seen that many fu and mom posts.

I myself never said that "the internet excuses everything". Calling someone names or referencing smelly turds to the likeness of someones mom in no way or form is the same as pedophilia.

To take an example of what was wrong at ProUnreal, I once registered to post some questions and was accused straight away of being a troll or something those lines. Nothing in the post was provocative, nothing had been said against the site and yet this guy and others make an assumption they shouldn't have. And this wasn't a one off example, far from it.

If I hadn't been online since 2002 and was just checking out the "Pro" unreal scene, I'd have simply decided to go elsewhere or change video game. So those topics about competition dying out are kind of comical seeing noone takes the trouble of posting a friendly hi and waiting for an outsider to get used to what life on the forum is like. I know it's worse with CS but that game has the worst playerbase in existence.

P.S: Talking about pedos is a BuF thing ;P .

Last edited: