ProU bites it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I just tried to navigate to the long-time competitive UT forum page Prounreal and found nothing but a godaddy.com placeholder. Is this permanent, I wonder? It would make a certain amount of sense, being that the UT competitive community is essentially nonexistent.

I posted a fair bit on proU over the years and while it was nice to have as a place to talk about competitive UT, I'm not all that sad to see it go tbh. It always had kind of a negative vibe and a lot of the regular posters were pretty big douchebags.

It is kind of a sad signifier of the state of the game, though.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I am not so sure the low level of UT3 online activity was a catalyst. There were quite a few old schol UT and UT2004 players on there still last time I was there some months ago. Oh well, they were kind of a hateful bunch for the most part.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
It has been down since earlier this week, I miss it much :( Only the UT, Flame forums and Politics sections where really hostile. All the other sections where still great.

I don't think it is the game that caused it to go down. If it was the game, it would have been dead years ago. I would think that if Bman was going to close it down, he would have said something, not just pull the plug.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Not really sad to see it go, if it is permanent. Quite a few of the people there had some pretty bad attitudes, and they always felt their opinion on how the game should be outweighed everyone else simply because they were better at it.

I'd rather have a game that's fun and accessible to the majority of players rather than catering to the elite few. That's why Epic focused more on VCTF and Warfare, and thus why ProU nearly immediately **** on UT3.

[sarcasm]After all, vehicles are nub and give easy kills with no skills required![/sarcasm]

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
It has been down since earlier this week, I miss it much :( Only the UT, Flame forums and Politics sections where really hostile. All the other sections where still great.

I don't think it is the game that caused it to go down. If it was the game, it would have been dead years ago. I would think that if Bman was going to close it down, he would have said something, not just pull the plug.
Pretty much.

I posted there not as much as I used to, but enough to miss the forums already. :/

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
[sarcasm]After all, vehicles are nub and give easy kills with no skills required![/sarcasm]
I always chucked at people who thought like that.
Yea it's easy to peg a Raptor with the Shock where you know which way your aim will shift as you move
Now try that from the back seat of a Bender that's bouncing around like it's in a Baja race.

Or dogfighting with another Raptor where the only semi-reliable method is to lead the plasma shots.
Or managing an EagleEye with the Goliath when the Raptor is the equivalent of a few hundred feet away(granted luck is a factor too but you still have to lead just right)

Meh, poked around ProU a few times, wasn't impressed with some of the attitudes there
There was the occasional nice guy on there, but it was a bit rare

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
I'm pretty sad to see it go. A majority of the very top tier players lost their elite attitudes years ago, and are really fun people now.
It was a pretty useful site to organize teams in other games, and to see peoples opinions on upcoming games and movies.

For me, it just means that it's going to make me have to log onto irc. UGH

Last edited:

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I guess I'm sad to see it go too even if most of the people associated with that community are jerkwads. It still hosted the MLUT tournament which, although I've never been able to play in it for work/scheduling reasons, I think was an asset to the UT community.

However, it may not be gone yet. I joined #mlut on GameRadius.net (home of the UT community on IRC) last night and the channel Topic said that the forums are down temporarily.

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
FFS Numb

gameradius #s&f

pug with us, go go go.

I hate everyone in that clan. TheLegacy has that classic prou ego that everyone hates. :\

I don't play the game anymore, but I probably would if there was a bigger player base.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm sad to see a long-time UT site bite the dust... if it is down permanently that is. I want to see things turn around so that the UT community can grow once more.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm pretty sad to see it go. A majority of the very top tier players lost their elite attitudes years ago, and are really fun people now.
It was a pretty useful site to organize teams in other games, and to see peoples opinions on upcoming games and movies.

For me, it just means that it's going to make me have to log onto irc. UGH
There are some sad aspects of it being gone. Also, the really good people were almost never the problem on ProU.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I hate everyone in that clan. TheLegacy has that classic prou ego that everyone hates. :\

I don't play the game anymore, but I probably would if there was a bigger player base.
Aww man. :(

Try my fragged nation team channel #blockbusters. We're not like him. :p