VCTF-RöcketForst Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Tony 'scarface' Seifert has released VCTF-RöcketForst, his first custom level for Unreal Tournament 3. Anyone who was around for Unreal Tournament 2004 will probably remember Tony was reknowned for his lush, atmospheric levels. It's plain to see see from the pics below that this one promises to be just as attractive as his previous efforts.

Download links: mirror 1, mirror 2, mirror 3

finally I released my first UT3 map, it has taken quite some time. I didn't really want to release fast to get the style right. It's again in a nature theme like my other UT2k4 maps ;) and it's again not really a hardcore gameplay map. I focused more on the visuals and the atmosphere.

Alopexau

Mar 28, 2005
Mozi you took the words right out of my mouth, lol. Also, props for a quote from my favourite song /ever/. :)

Anyway, this map is exactly the theme I've been wanting to see, it's executed so damn well and it's not a warfare map, three for three! I'm going to play the hell outta this one.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Haha, so I'm not the only one who was thinking of white forest from HL2:Episode 2 :lol:

Edit: Tried it and it does feel like HL2 in a way. I like the atmosphere a lot and that water material is pretty cool indeed.
The rocket 'bunker' is just too dark, though, imo and like Kantham said, some parts of the terrain are really hard to navigate.
Good work, nevertheless :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I had a quick run trough, and I thought it was decent looking, that water is probably the most interesting UT3 water I have seen to date, really nice touch on the fake wave effect, as well as the edge shore effect. Screenshots doesn't tell much, it looks much better in action.

[screenshot]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2690/neatwater.jpg[/screenshot]

However, the terrain geometry is really odd. There's a lot of places where the terrain could use some smoothing, and the terrain itself is very narrow and it's also hard to navigate with the ground vehicles. Feels like you'd never climb that terrain, it's way too tall.

But it's a very nice work, it doesn't seem to be entirely ready for final release though.. :)

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Really nice work, great atmosphere. The choice of textures on the terrain is also really brilliant. The only thing I dont really like is the "DM-Darkmatch" styled flag house-building bases, but the forest itself is really a feast for the eyes. Well done.

hanji

N00bonator
Apr 24, 2006
The terrain is very rough in some areas, I manage to do a few jumping flips with my Scorpion when running down at top speed.

Other than that, great job. Also love the bridge trap switch and rocket afterburner switch at the flag, lmao. ROASTED

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Really nice map. I like the lightning and setting, but terrain could use some improvements for wheeled vehicles.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Looks amazing! Any chance of a DM variant? I'd love to just run around and frag in this picturesque landscape without having to worry about flags n stuff. :D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
^ I'm with st.. well, I agree!

Nice work indeed. And I concur, very reminiscent of HL episode 2. This one is a keeper. Fresh level. I'm getting a little bored with all those dark maps. This type of map is what I'm looking for.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
The bots are pretty retarded when playing Greed, btw, but I guess the map just wasn't designed for that.

aka_sova

May 18, 2009
It's awesome. i just can't understand 1 thing - why the hellbender and scorpion don't belong to the any team? I can come to enemy base and take their hellbender? wtf?

Chaotic_Cannon

Jun 5, 2009
is there an updated version of this map? I was hoping that some of the bugs and terrain issues and other things could be updated.