1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

VCTF-RöcketForst Released

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, May 14, 2009.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Tony 'scarface' Seifert has released VCTF-RöcketForst, his first custom level for Unreal Tournament 3. Anyone who was around for Unreal Tournament 2004 will probably remember Tony was reknowned for his lush, atmospheric levels. It's plain to see see from the pics below that this one promises to be just as attractive as his previous efforts.

Download links: mirror 1, mirror 2, mirror 3

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

**** me sideways! That looks amazing!

3. WGH

WGH New Member

Reminds me of HL2: Episode Two

4. cosmix

cosmix XoXo

Ya exactly :D Looks good!

5. Alopexau

Alopexau New Member

Mozi you took the words right out of my mouth, lol. Also, props for a quote from my favourite song /ever/. :)

Anyway, this map is exactly the theme I've been wanting to see, it's executed so damn well and it's not a warfare map, three for three! I'm going to play the hell outta this one.

6. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

Haha, so I'm not the only one who was thinking of white forest from HL2:Episode 2 :lol:

Edit: Tried it and it does feel like HL2 in a way. I like the atmosphere a lot and that water material is pretty cool indeed.
    The rocket 'bunker' is just too dark, though, imo and like Kantham said, some parts of the terrain are really hard to navigate.
    Good work, nevertheless :)

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  7. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I had a quick run trough, and I thought it was decent looking, that water is probably the most interesting UT3 water I have seen to date, really nice touch on the fake wave effect, as well as the edge shore effect. Screenshots doesn't tell much, it looks much better in action.

[screenshot]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2690/neatwater.jpg[/screenshot]

However, the terrain geometry is really odd. There's a lot of places where the terrain could use some smoothing, and the terrain itself is very narrow and it's also hard to navigate with the ground vehicles. Feels like you'd never climb that terrain, it's way too tall.

But it's a very nice work, it doesn't seem to be entirely ready for final release though.. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  8. Creavion

Creavion New Member

Really nice work, great atmosphere. The choice of textures on the terrain is also really brilliant. The only thing I dont really like is the "DM-Darkmatch" styled flag house-building bases, but the forest itself is really a feast for the eyes. Well done.

9. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Too many awesome maps are coming out and I don't have the time to play them :eek:

10. hanji

hanji N00bonator

The terrain is very rough in some areas, I manage to do a few jumping flips with my Scorpion when running down at top speed.

Other than that, great job. Also love the bridge trap switch and rocket afterburner switch at the flag, lmao. ROASTED

11. Cox

Cox New Member

Uploaded at server at my sig and currently testing it :D

12. Raynor.Z

Raynor.Z Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

Really nice map. I like the lightning and setting, but terrain could use some improvements for wheeled vehicles.

13. Interbellum

Interbellum I used to be a man

Looks amazing! Any chance of a DM variant? I'd love to just run around and frag in this picturesque landscape without having to worry about flags n stuff. :D

14. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

^ I'm with st.. well, I agree!

Nice work indeed. And I concur, very reminiscent of HL episode 2. This one is a keeper. Fresh level. I'm getting a little bored with all those dark maps. This type of map is what I'm looking for.

15. Section-9

Section-9 Zone Photographer

Downloading now, screenshots sold it. :)

16. Interbellum

Interbellum I used to be a man

The bots are pretty retarded when playing Greed, btw, but I guess the map just wasn't designed for that.

17. aka_sova

aka_sova New Member

It's really good-looking map. Downloading to try ;)

18. aka_sova

aka_sova New Member

It's awesome. i just can't understand 1 thing - why the hellbender and scorpion don't belong to the any team? I can come to enemy base and take their hellbender? wtf?

19. Chaotic_Cannon

Chaotic_Cannon New Member

is there an updated version of this map? I was hoping that some of the bugs and terrain issues and other things could be updated.