UT3 VCTF-RöcketForst

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

]scarface[

Jul 26, 2004
Hey,
just released my first UT3 map. I'm not sure anymore when I started the map, but think it was a few month after the realease of UT3 ;). It's supposed to be in a german coniferous forest theme. To achieve this I recreated almost all of the outdoor meshes and materials. It isn't really a hardcore gameplay map it's more about the athmosphere.

hope you like it, enjoy ;)

here you can download it
http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+RocketForstzip/;13756027;/fileinfo.html
http://www.fileplanet.com/199926/190000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-3---VCTF-RocketForst
http://www.htw-dresden.de/~s58185/ToniSeifert/data/VCTF-RocketForst.zip

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 94
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 95
  • shot3.jpg
    shot3.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
How's it going scarface, lovely work as always - cheers m8

btw, this is the author of ONS-RapaNui and ONS-Iguazu, among the most visually impressive maps ever made for 2k4 back in the day. Thought that deserved a mention in case anyone hadn't made that connection. ;)

Bantis

Jun 19, 2008
I love it man. It runs great and looks phonomenal. For some reason I really like the fact that you can ride through the cave/pipe right up to the flag. I thought that was partiularlly cool.:) I also like the vertical-ness of the map with the twists and turns. And that you used the vehicle tracks SM really adds some nice detail.:) Obviously the water is fantastic.:)

The only thing I would change is the collision on the water fall to the north. The collision is before the water. If you can it might be more natural (to go along with you map) if you moved the collision to the water fall itself so the player hits it and not an invisible box.

The other thing is the mini-map pic from the map selection menu doesn't do your map justice!! I wish those were some kind of high-rez. Or what ever it is they are lacking for all of them.:(

Awesome map.:)

Last edited:

Chaotic_Cannon

Jun 5, 2009
Is there going to be a revision to this map? There are a few items that need to be smoothed out and I would like to use it for competitions.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
It looks like a good place to go fly fishing and lots of satellite dishes and no cable TV here. I like the setting of mountains, huge trees, animal sounds, pipe at the cave, tracks from vehicles and watch the river….long way down. The gameplay is decent, but we should be able to walk on high wires and too hard to grab flag and get out of enemy base.