UT3 Patch 2 Beta 2 Changelist

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
The admin-mail somehow ended up on forums accesible by the public (posted by an admin of BU). The post includes the link to the patch.

Just wanted to let you know, in case you want to remove the link from the post on that forum.

U

Unregistered

111 111

I've got 2 installs of ut3. 1 normally from disk and the other inside of steam.
Would there be any side effects on the steam install if I install the beta patch to the normal install?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've got 2 installs of ut3. 1 normally from disk and the other inside of steam.
Would there be any side effects on the steam install if I install the beta patch to the normal install?
Yes, because it will patch your INIs and screw up your menu. Steam will then try to repair the INIs, fail miserably, and your 2.0 menus will also be messed up.

(Trust me, I tried this :))

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Yes, because it will patch your INIs and screw up your menu. Steam will then try to repair the INIs, fail miserably, and your 2.0 menus will also be messed up.

(Trust me, I tried this :))
If you use -nohomedir for your nonsteam install, you should be fine.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
"Fixed flying manta exploit"

TEH NOES !
I was learning to use it and it's so cool to fly with the Manta :(

One thing I don't like of UT3 is that the manta is well balanced and not crazily overpowered like in UT2004 :D

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I thought the Manta was crazily powerful in UT3. Many people complained about it in the past.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I thought the Manta was crazily powerful in UT3. Many people complained about it in the past.

Not as powerful as the ut2004 one.

ut2004's 0wns every ground based vehicle, escapes easily from Avrils and Raps, spawnkills effectively, jumps much higher, and reachs pretty much everywhere (e.g. on the base towers of Torlan). It was great vs everything, always.

Now Manta falls in the "rock-paper-scissors" system of UT3.
It's good it's well balanced and we should praise UT3 for this...I just miss the laming and the Mantageddon :D

Last edited: