Raven's Singularity Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just don't understand why every games in the FPS industry nowadays has to focus on things other than the regular weapons fights when it comes to say, non-RL themes. The game looks great, but the gameplay doesn't from that trailer.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
what? a bioshock rip-off? how come? :rolleyes:

Plane crashes, leaving you in a mysterious isolated place

FPS gameplay based around dual use of magical implant powers and guns

Some guy you're not sure you can trust guiding you by radio

Maybe it won't be that similar; for some reason I just had a strong impression to that effect the first time I saw the trailer.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon

Maybe it won't be that similar; for some reason I just had a strong impression to that effect the first time I saw the trailer.

AHAHAAH that's a pretty good comparison....Still this game looks pretty sweet

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Eh, looks like your average run'n'gun scifi shooter, with the trademarked new gimmick weapon/mechanic/feature that ends up dominating the whole gameplay, thereby overstaying its welcome and ruining any replay value, so far so standard.

It might still be well made though, if they can avoid the many cliche's and the "style over substance" gameplay design that often ruins the genre.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Bending time to explode barrels? Sweet. Remember: It's just a jump to the left...

Sweet? Not exactely... NOT AGAIN THOSE *@#$ EXPLOSIVE BARRELS!! :D

*counts FPS games with explosive barrels and breakable cranes in them*

vybz

Apr 2, 2008

didnt look so magical to me. seems mroe advance tech like crysis and half life

Last edited:

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
Oh, again USSR.

And what's with R typed as Я?
It's a bit confusing for russians because we don't associate letter with r but «ja».
SIYGULAJAITY. At least they not replaced V or U with Ц.

p.s. They call assasin Natasha Novikov on news; is same as calling current president of USA Barry Obammie.
p.p.s By the way, I used mostly guns while playing Bioshock, because they are more powerful than implants.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
And what's with R typed as Я?

It's because most westerners think that looks more Russian, whilst they can still read it.. but its a bit pointless really, they might aswell spell it "CCCP" then, people do know that CCCP stands for the Soviet Union (lest they are compleately oblivious).

But i do understand where you are comming from, i see the Æ, Ø and Å misused by people all the time, and it does make it confusing to read it when you know how thouse letters are pronounced.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Natalia Novikova.

yeah, i guessed the Novikova right \o/

what's shown in the trailer does seem reminiscent of bioshock from time to time indeed. kind of interesting nonetheless. so far i have only played raven games that were based on existing 3rd party franchises namely star trek and star wars. might be interesting to see what they're doing with their own.

also, i don't think bloom is a UE3 problem. it has been overused time and time again ever since it was first used in a game.