Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I love almost every fix in this list! :D

We were broadsided when we got the email this morning, well played Epic!

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
And there is no fix/option for flak cannon trajectory being totally wtf. Sure, i came when i read the list, but it would be near perfect if it fixed up the falk cannon. (And maybe the rocket launcher, i would appreciate it if they added an option to make rocket and grenade delivery similar to how it was done in unreal and UT. It was so much easier that way) Also trajectory needs to be fixed on multiple weapons, the rocket launcher suffers from "flak secondary syndrome" as well when firing grenades. I was on morbias once against some bots, i loaded up 3 grenades and pointed my crosshair at a demoguy standing right in front of me. The grenades just flew right over his head and he didn't even dodge them (I was botmashing novice bots at the time just for something different). That is unacceptable, if i point my gun at a player standign close to me and press fire, and that player does not move at all, then logically i should hit him.
No offense then, but it sounds like you're not very good at the game. I have no problems using the flak secondary, if you're trying to hit someone close to you with a grenade, that's just really dumb. That's what flak primary is for and that's what rockets are for.

If you wish, I can show you what I mean in a super fun Morbias match. D:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
JD speaks true words. His posts in this thread make sense and are completely reasonable, no sarcasm intended.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
No offense then, but it sounds like you're not very good at the game. I have no problems using the flak secondary, if you're trying to hit someone close to you with a grenade, that's just really dumb. That's what flak primary is for and that's what rockets are for.

If you wish, I can show you what I mean in a super fun Morbias match. D:
no offense taken and it's true that i'm not very good at ut3 because i rarely ever play it now. But i can't hit jack **** with the flak primary for some reason which i can't quite comprehend. Add to that the annoying secondary fire and you've given me a useless weapon. If epic jsut gave me back the traditional trajectory and methods of delivery i would be much better at this game imo.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
OK... I dont think the custom character limit remover will fix demoguy much. Forceing custom chracters to load wont solve the new player issue and may not solve the team changeing issue so I dont think DemoGuy is completely dead just yet.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
no offense taken and it's true that i'm not very good at ut3 because i rarely ever play it now. But i can't hit jack **** with the flak primary for some reason which i can't quite comprehend. Add to that the annoying secondary fire and you've given me a useless weapon. If epic jsut gave me back the traditional trajectory and methods of delivery i would be much better at this game imo.
Like I said, I can show you how to hit flak prim and secondary every time. I'm quite good at it. :p

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Yes this patch looks like it is doing what really needs to be done to make the game more playable.... except for Steam. Personally I just couldn't give a toss about Steam..........

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
OK... I dont think the custom character limit remover will fix demoguy much. Forceing custom chracters to load wont solve the new player issue and may not solve the team changeing issue so I dont think DemoGuy is completely dead just yet.
What? I don't think you really understand the DemoGuy issue given this response.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What? Those "words" are what is already done, so how could it not "come together"?

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
I for one am extremely happy with the list and the game, I only wish they could give us a time frame.... which is why I'm sure they didn't tell us sooner.... everyone would be saying when when when ......

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
there is still one thing that has always bothered me about UT3 which I cannot put my finger on - the aim. I can't figure it out. I don't think it's a matter of adjusting because I put in alot of time. It could be some ini tweak which I never found (altho I tried many).

The aim in UT3 just seemed so... imprecise. I mean even after all this time, I can still play UT2K4 and my aim is WAY better than I could ever get it on UT3. Can't figure it out and with every patch release info, I keep looking for a reason or a fix which explains the frustrations I've had. One of those things you can't really point to.

Oh and the other thing are the obvious sound problems like when you disable the amp and you continue to hear the sound of it regardless :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
there is still one thing that has always bothered me about UT3 which I cannot put my finger on - the aim. I can't figure it out. I don't think it's a matter of adjusting because I put in alot of time. It could be some ini tweak which I never found (altho I tried many).

The aim in UT3 just seemed so... imprecise. I mean even after all this time, I can still play UT2K4 and my aim is WAY better than I could ever get it on UT3. Can't figure it out and with every patch release info, I keep looking for a reason or a fix which explains the frustrations I've had. One of those things you can't really point to.

Oh and the other thing are the obvious sound problems like when you disable the amp and you continue to hear the sound of it regardless :)
I feel this way too, but what I've noticed is that I "pull" my shots a lot and that doesn't seem to work in UT3 like it did in the 2kX series (and it also doesn't work in UT, as a point of reference).

What I mean is, I tend to aim next to a person and then move across them as I fire with hitscan. In UT200X this would almost always result in a hit, but in UT3 this results in either what looks like a hit but is really a miss or just completely goes to one side of them.

I don't know if that is what is happening to you, but that is what is happening to me, and it sounds like the same problem.

EggSuckingLeech

Jul 27, 2004
very well could be. I definitely tend to twitch my aim and it doesn't work in UT3. Either way - I'm still looking for SOME admission that this is something to be fixed. Not terribly hopeful tho :)

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Yay wow wow!!

Im very impressed for this surprise is so....Epic thanks!

Hal? Is there a little probabilities that in bonus pack will bring back the beloved ripper, you know is a key part for ut, without it i dunno...?

It's my favourite weapon. ;)