Issue when trying to connect to cerberus COOP servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Hello, dear INF debuggers... I´ve been recruiting new players for INF (specially COOP) and we´ve been playing fine in Xplod.de servers, but when we jump to cerberus 2 , one guys have a continuos crash, no matter which map is on... the rest of the guys, so far, seems to connect, but we´d like to figure out what is causing it! here it is the pop up error message and the log is attached below!

Code:
 Assertion failed: InPos<=Size
[File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h][Link:57]
History:FArchiveFileReader::Seek<-ULinkerLoad::Seek<-
 LoadImportMap<-ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad<-
UObject::GetPackageLinker<-VerifyPackages<-
UGameEngine::LoadMap<-AttemptLoadPending<-TickPending<-
UGameEngine::Tick<-UpdateWorld<-MainLoop
 /endoferrormessage

thanks for your attention and consern!
Cheers

PS: by the way, he´s running on Vista, just in case...lol

Attachments

• Infiltration.txt
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

XploD

Mar 20, 2003
Paderborn, Germany
www.xplod.de
This looks like an UTDC (cheat detection) issue.
After a map is loaded, the UTDC want's to check your system for non-regular packages. This check seems to kill your application.

When joining stinkmarder's server the first time, you have to install the UTDC package. The guy having this problems most likely has installed the package and after this, he couldn't connect, could he?

I can't check which UTDC is installed at the moment. But if you're ablte to find that out, you could download a manual install package here: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7916

To fix this problem, I would
  • Download the UTDC package from unrealadmin
  • Search for all files contained in the package in your UT Directory and delete them
  • extract the archive and install the "client" files on your pc
  • (linux): set the file properties

I hope that this will fix your problem.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Corporal_Lib [BR];2240462 said:
[...] but when we jump to cerberus 2 , one guys have a continuos crash, no matter which map is on [...]
I assume you re talking about my server which is named cerberon 1/2. And that's not a typo.

Code:
 Assertion failed: InPos<=Size
[File:..\..\Core\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h][Link:57]
History:FArchiveFileReader::Seek<-ULinkerLoad::Seek<-
 LoadImportMap<-ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad<-
UObject::GetPackageLinker<-VerifyPackages<-
UGameEngine::LoadMap<-AttemptLoadPending<-TickPending<-
UGameEngine::Tick<-UpdateWorld<-MainLoop
 /endoferrormessage

This looks like it crashes after downloading a package from the server.
Maybe due to a packed file being bigger than the original one. (a known bug)

I checked the attached log file but there is no connection attempt in it. Attached wrong file?

This looks like an UTDC (cheat detection) issue. [...]

There is no UTDC crap on my servers!

Last edited:

captaintutle

Aug 4, 2008
The game crashes after downloading the packages.

(I'm the guy that's having issues)

Also, meant to ask this a while ago, I asked for accout activation at coop forums about a month ago, still no word from stinkmarder. I sent in a email like the instruction said, still no-go. Could you please activate my account?