G15 decided to go on crack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Tag is inaccurate. D:

My G5 is three years old and still works perfectly. Well, as perfectly as it ever could since it was never perfect. :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I need to pimp my G5, yo.

Yo dawg I heard you like mouses so we put a paint on your mouse so you can see the new paint on your mouse, lol.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
I've been using my G15 for more than 2 years, so to say I was one of the first guys in germany who got one. Anyway, I don't have any idea why in the damned hell your G15 is making such stuff. Probably it would be the best way to get a new one. :]

However, today when I did clean my G15 with extremely hot water, it is still working. So what have you done Kantham ? Haven't you cleant it for awhile or something else. I don't wanna insinuate something to you, ok. ;]

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Get another one. My first G15 behaved similarly where this one has lasted two years. Unless you want to be one of those uncool kids and get yourself a 10$ Microsoft keyboard.
Problem is that old G15 is no longer manufactured, and newer one has fixed position, smaller LCD screen, less programmable keys (iirc 6 vs 18 on older version) and the worst point for me - it has no jog-dial for volume - IMO the most handy thing on G15.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Tag is inaccurate. D:

My G5 is three years old and still works perfectly. Well, as perfectly as it ever could since it was never perfect. :p

Same. The only things that's gone wrong with it is the teflon feet have worn down too much so it scrapes along the surface sometimes.

With replacement pads it'd be good as new though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2229525 said:
I've been using my G15 for more than 2 years, so to say I was one of the first guys in germany who got one. Anyway, I don't have any idea why in the damned hell your G15 is making such stuff. Probably it would be the best way to get a new one. :]

I don't want to pay $80 for the same **** again.

Meanwhile I stick to my Saitek. My keyboard is "clean" Sure, there's a bunch of crap down in it, blame Logitek and other designers for not creating a removable panel so intelligent people who care about their keyboard can go in for deep cleaning. Compressed air can? That's just lame to pay for air and a metal cylinder, my lungs can do the job.

Also WTF hot water? Please post picture on how you opened this mofo.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Look around the internets, there must be some "disassembly" instructions. If not, well figure it out the old fashioned way :lol:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas. . . . .

Hm, Mine does the same thing , yet my keyboard works fine.

Your point?

I'm using the Saitek as well. Maybe it depends on it using USB how it behaves?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Mhhh. Lol

My G15 decided to fix-self work again by putting it away in the box. Unbelievable. Last time I did this was when I dropped water all over the keyboard even to the point where water was draining from below when I lifted it. All the keys were ****ed up, like I pressed "u" key, it would open a out-of-nowhere windows properties box. Putting it away and let it dry fixed it entirely. The funny thing is that I didn't drop any liquid on the board for the LED stutter issue.

But lol. Saitek is crap. I just got back on my G15, the keys feels so much better, I can't even tell you how many times the "1" or "Space" key didn't register properly. Now it's starting to act the same on the "R" key as well.

I'm glad my G15 is "fixed" at least. All the keys register perfectly!

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Tag is inaccurate. D:

My G5's cord went haywire after less than 6 months.

Also, I didn't know my G15 could do this:

fadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfads

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
fadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfadsfads

When you are on IRC you can tell my cats are "communicating" to you.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
No, I smack people with my keyboard who annoy me in real life, I use my mouse to shoot on line.

Aww, there was me thinking you had a motion sensor like in Apple notebooks ;) .