G15 decided to go on crack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've been using this keyboard for at least 2 years now, today it decided to go on crack mode, the LED just keeps flickering like if someone is constantly pressing the LED 50%/100%/OFF button.

BTW that's the G11 w/screen (older G15 model). I've seen other people getting this issue, but the only solution that's been found is to hold down the LED button. Which works for me too. I have tried to plug it on my Xbox 360 just to see if it was a USB issue, and it's not, something is wrong with the keyboard, and the warranty ran off.

Any ideas?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just noticed something else, whenever I hold down 2 keys at once, both get repetitively perfectly repeated.

For example, if I hold down 5 and 7, it'll go 5757575757575757
Rather than 555555555... or 7777777777... or simply beep back at me. :con:

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
I have a cheapo aluminium keyboard from trust, you could knock someone out with it, and it works for gaming too.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
For example, if I hold down 5 and 7, it'll go 5757575757575757
Rather than 555555555... or 7777777777... or simply beep back at me. :con:
Isn't that one of the features that makes it a "gaming" keyboard... that it can support multiple key presses without issue?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes, but then I didn't knew it affected typing, now that I said that, I plugged back my Saitek Eclipse II in and it does the same thing.

Ultimate Proof: asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf. :D

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
It ain't that useful.

I have a cheap keyboard too. I like it because it's slick and easy to move around. I still have a Microsoft mouse, wired, with a ball and a scrolling wheel.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I have a cheapo aluminium keyboard from trust, you could knock someone out with it, and it works for gaming too.

What, you swipe your keyboard around and it fire the rocket launcher ?

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I've been using this keyboard for at least 2 years now, today it decided to go on crack mode, the LED just keeps flickering like if someone is constantly pressing the LED 50%/100%/OFF button.

BTW that's the G11 w/screen (older G15 model). I've seen other people getting this issue, but the only solution that's been found is to hold down the LED button. Which works for me too. I have tried to plug it on my Xbox 360 just to see if it was a USB issue, and it's not, something is wrong with the keyboard, and the warranty ran off.

Any ideas?

Maybe YOUR on crack instead of it D:::::::::::::::::::::

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
A have a G11 and it is my most favorite keyboard.

A while back, I logged into my main PC and the mouse kept driving to the upper right hand corner. I could not figure it out. I thought my VX Revolution had gone off the deep edge. I rebooted and even tried another mouse. I then came to the belief that my mouse drivers were corrupted and proceeded to find my disks. It was by accident that I noticed it, there on my desk, my tablet pen was laying across the tablet instead of residing in its holder. I moved the pen out of the way and bingo, problem solved.

I also moved the VX Revolution crap mouse to my spare PC. No more cordless mice for me anytime soon, too much lag.

True mutha fooking story, I swear.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
No more posting for you Matfei! You're 1337!!

Kanth I got the new G15, the orange one. It's so much better than the blue. I got it the first week it came out and haven't had an issue. I did have issues with the blue one.

I haven't even spilled anything on it! (yet)

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
call logitech just the same. They may replace it regaurdless of warrenty being expired. I have had them do it twice over the years. As long as they keep up that lvl of CS I am a customer for life.

I just wish I could affourd a G15. I am using a 8 year old generic keyboard that just say PC keyboard on it. Had it on my P1 back in 2000.

However my MX revolution (mouse) has had a issue or 2 like it doesn't like to charge if I don't run to dead or almost dead. My guess is there is a workaround for your issue.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yes, but then I didn't knew it affected typing, now that I said that, I plugged back my Saitek Eclipse II in and it does the same thing.

Ultimate Proof: asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf. :D
I have the original Eclipse. I had no idea it would actually type all the letters out like that, but it makes sense. Only reason I ever got the thing was because of playing UT2004 on a cheap keyboard. I couldn't strafe diagonally and select a weapon because those three keys were in the same "quadrant" (or whatever they're called). :p

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf!!

J112

Very Superstitious
Dec 16, 2005
Kanth I got the new G15, the orange one. I got it the first week it came out and haven't had an issue.(yet)

+1. It depends how many macro buttons you feel you need though, but i've never had any problems with 6x3.