Redeem your Space

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
By the way later I am maybe going to upload also the fix mutator for Lion's maps which I made some time ago and maybe update it. That is an answer for the guys who keep modifying the original maps for servers or for installers and with messed up map order or not renamed maps etc etc.....................
And to the brainless thieves around. nuff' said

I still wonder why these stargate mod team leaders are convincing other peoples joining the team with some success, some people who I thought of them are cluefull but they cannot see truth obviously and probably they are just the other brainless masses, it more seems like big brother propaganda at all, or hitler like washing brains.
The whole idea of making it published as a full game is totally crap and these who got that idea should be shot in the head really, it still has more stolen stuff than it is seen already and for all that post editing and confusion and flamewar causing. That projct should be cancelled seeing the direction it went. it's not me who makes the trouble, not me really........

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw, ignore unreal gp mappack, that was a backup for server in gamepark.cz, the selection of maps to be run at server. ANd the old rtnpmfix these files were meant to be only for my server basically, that is if you go view all the stuff. But for owners of ut2003 or even ut2004 it can be interesting to check the converted leecvls I added there.

Btw for the music:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/4c74bbb1-c6ba-4257-a033-bc1d96584526/beta-Level4
http://www.esnips.com/doc/9b1bb460-516e-40aa-ac80-50776d838d60/beta-Level12
http://www.esnips.com/doc/ec142585-6f24-4754-91d0-450df2a7ad99/beta-Level10
http://www.esnips.com/doc/ab21c3dd-5611-49d8-8190-3a43e865c005/beta-Level1

Mutator:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/c9205a48-2e6b-46e8-a30e-6636d2236b7f/Betapack
Maps:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/db69e5df-d91f-492d-a473-2d348d4fa3a8/betamappack
http://www.esnips.com/doc/08b40e0d-e7c9-4a2d-af5a-51f7fa6887f9/betamappackdm
http://www.esnips.com/doc/3b8edb6c-7eb5-401e-a6b3-563ef068f405/smoteandlethargic
http://www.esnips.com/doc/9cc29c49-d1a1-465e-99c3-b103dd7236d2/BR-beta-Anubis

Thta is it, I wanted to convert more levels also as I said, but didn't get to it. The dom-beta-sepukkugorge is worth checking for the genmokai statues at starting room imo.

Hmm, maybe a new thrad for this? because this is not rys related.

ALso sorry for the last post, I was totally exhausted yesterday.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Nope, put on hold and I don't have the files on this laptop and my normal computer has broken power source and I didn't get it repaired yet.....

It isn't that easy as it seems, especially when there are these jokes whih make no sene when translated into english...I would appreciate help of anyone in the translation itself, but I am not gonna get it.

So I really can't promise anything about when it will be done and that stuff, there's tons of maps to be translated.....don't forget it's probably the largest mappack there is......

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
Nope, put on hold and I don't have the files on this laptop and my normal computer has broken power source and I didn't get it repaired yet.....

It isn't that easy as it seems, especially when there are these jokes whih make no sene when translated into english...I would appreciate help of anyone in the translation itself, but I am not gonna get it.

So I really can't promise anything about when it will be done and that stuff, there's tons of maps to be translated.....don't forget it's probably the largest mappack there is......

• Hyper knows it's a large map pack
  • Hyper played the maps at Zora's server
  • Hyper is a it frustrated by the fact that the maps were not made in English to begin with; The worldwide Unreal community is so small already, it makes no sense to limit it even further by choosing a non-standard language.
  • Hyper still hopes that the maps can get translated, it is such a waste to not use them.
  • Hyper unfortunately cannot help because he only masters the Dutch and English languages.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm... We really need a translation script. I have some thoughts about that, and I guess I'll try to realise them during the holidays. Basically I could make a simple PHP script that would be of help with translating - select the game, select the file to translate, select your language, and there you go - a list with the sentences in one language and gaps for entering your translations. Then after submitting (not necessarily everything) the file is automatically updated and you can download it. Simple and helpful, and also can be used on multiple platforms.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Don't do that or you will screw everything, that's what actually ints are good for (they will cause no online conflict and I have already made two some translations with them)....and as for your question about how many maps? Over 50 if you count the bonus secret maps, that's a lot.....and i don't know any other Unreal mappack being larger...

The maps were not made in english to begin with due to reasons that author didn't know it was even known besides the site he was designing it for.............and the players, which is czech only community...
it was still under construction(the site always provided also beta content of mappacks for download, even the LionLS Stargate mappack, in 2003 it was avaiable for download in there in beta stage and it had english sounds and english text on walls too, unlike the newer versions) the years back and yet servers had it..thanks to Zora probably, who first brought it to more known mappack....

So please......you should be really glad that someone was trying to translate it, if you want the few maps to be translated already, fine I will upload the ints after I get my computer back, etc..okay? So you don't have to wait for already translated stuff.....

Besides auto translation sucks and it doesn't make any sense after.......so I have to do it by hand.........
Besides there are few german only mappacks and nobody complains about it!

And if I ever hear again some comment as about "this community is already small" I think I am gonna give up on it even....I really don't have patience with making stuff nowadays, nor energy...so please EXCUSE ME! Would you be so kind? Thx

The author had no idea about the coop Unreal community even, so it is really no try to ruin the community further...
You should be glad the maps are so far the most stable coop maps (according to the servers they are running it at, like dog clan servers), thanks to my input, they got stuck often before I started working on the mappack, etc...

I can't do right now anything about it to speed up this process...

Last edited:
I wouldn't get so defensive, Leo. But you have a good point about translations. It could be a disaster if someone did a quick hack job. Then you'd have horrible translations that make no sense, like these Chinese-to-English subtitles for Star Wars 3;

starwar2.jpg

starwar3.jpg

starwar4.jpg

starwar5.jpg

starwar6.jpg

starwar7.jpg

That's a bad thing. And it could instantly turn your pack, unintentionally, into the next ONP as far as comedy is concerned.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I didn't mean an auto translation script... That script is the one that uses .INT system. You are asked to input everything manually, so you can do it without even having the actual INT files. Much like Launchpad: https://translations.launchpad.net/...stchanges/+pots/apt-listchanges/cs/+translate
And actually, they're not INTs at all. Those translations that are already there should be .CZT. And only the English ones should be .INT.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
But we are talking about english translation of this pack....So the files are going to be ints and ued since 2.0 can generate int files, so basically I first prompted them through command and then going over by line and translating it myself....so no maps will be altered, only ints....

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn't get so defensive, Leo. But you have a good point about translations. It could be a disaster if someone did a quick hack job. Then you'd have horrible translations that make no sense, like these Chinese-to-English subtitles for Star Wars 3;

starwar2.jpg

starwar3.jpg

starwar4.jpg

starwar5.jpg

starwar6.jpg

starwar7.jpg

That's a bad thing. And it could instantly turn your pack, unintentionally, into the next ONP as far as comedy is concerned.

:eek::lol::lol::lol:
proph you made my day maaan.ty

soz for OT leo ;)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I know. You never ever need to modify maps. So what's the point?

This, I thought you were talking about updating the map file....
GreatEmerald said:
Then after submitting (not necessarily everything) the file is automatically updated and you can download it.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The file is INT :p You just enter all the translations (manually) for any game (U1-UT2004) and any language (as long as the language has a domain name, like fr for French, de for German etc.), and you get a list of INTs (or others) you can translate.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Sorry but no...I am stuck, until I get some money to get my original computer to repair it is gonna take some time....I am not gonna start the translation from start, I had already few levels translated and all the original text data exported to int so....
I can't do anything with that right now, sorry.

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
That's a pity.

[pissed mode]
What the hell were the developers thinking when making such a large and such a great map pack in Czech only. I mean, with such a small community as the Unreal 1 community is now worldwide, there is absolutely no excuse to make maps in Czech only.
[/pissed mode]

Just for the note: As Dutchman I'm not native to English myself, so don't blame me for only using my local language. If I would have made my website in Dutch only it would be dead for a long time now.

Leo, can you please ask at one of the leading Czech Unreal communities if there is anyone willing to take over the job of translating this map pack from you?

Status
Not open for further replies.