Gears Of War 2 Review Tour De Force

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Beating elmuerte to it:

Proceed!

Though I agree with the most of the reviews Gears 2 is well done, I beat the game the other day had fun. MP is great with all my friends, good times and stupid antics from all!

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
the game really deserves all those high review scores. it's really well done and except for the occasional stupid bot in mp and accidently going some place where i wasn't supposed to go in gridlock i couldn't find any bugs yet. though i should probably add that i haven't played the game online yet.

my only gripe (and i might have said so somewhere else before) is that imo a little less blood would have been better in some places. especially that huge worm mission :\
and the chainsaw might be a bit overpowered cause it doesn't really take any time to rev it up again after you've been shot trying to chainsaw someone.

KeithZG

will forever be nostalgic
Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Only big bug I've run into so far is one time playing King of the Hill I got hit with a smoke grenae while still in my spawn area, which knocked me down . . . and my character couldn't get up. I had to wait for the end of the round to be able to move again (my team was easily ahead enough though that we won regardless).

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
the game really deserves all those high review scores. it's really well done and except for the occasional stupid bot in mp and accidently going some place where i wasn't supposed to go in gridlock i couldn't find any bugs yet. though i should probably add that i haven't played the game online yet.

my only gripe (and i might have said so somewhere else before) is that imo a little less blood would have been better in some places. especially that huge worm mission :\
and the chainsaw might be a bit overpowered cause it doesn't really take any time to rev it up again after you've been shot trying to chainsaw someone.

Oh please.

How the hell do you expect to chainsaw the ventricles off 3 hears of a supergiant beastie that eats cities without getting visibly soaked in head to foot in the red stuff.

The game's awesome, shame my other half's knee deep in fable2...

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Oh please.

How the hell do you expect to chainsaw the ventricles off 3 hears of a supergiant beastie that eats cities without getting visibly soaked in head to foot in the red stuff.

The game's awesome, shame my other half's knee deep in fable2...

that's not what i meant. of course the amount of blood is pretty realistic in that particular mission. but the story wouldn't have suffered if there had only been one heart. so to me the number of hearts seems like an excuse to have this insane amount of blood.

btw - i'm kind of dividing my xbox time between fable 2 and gow 2 as well. excellent games, both of them :)

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Well-deserved votes. The campaign got improved, and it is really great, easily better than the one in the previous game.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
that's not what i meant. of course the amount of blood is pretty realistic in that particular mission. but the story wouldn't have suffered if there had only been one heart. so to me the number of hearts seems like an excuse to have this insane amount of blood.

btw - i'm kind of dividing my xbox time between fable 2 and gow 2 as well. excellent games, both of them :)
not really, tbh. Worms have lots of hearts, and man that made frank herbet's creations look a bit small

I've yet to start on fable2, 'tis the mrs that's been at it.