1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gears Of War 2 Review Tour De Force

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

More and more Gears of War 2 reviews are coming in, and they're all pretty darn universal in praising the game. The latest batch of review scores:

• Game Informer: 9
    • GameSpot: 9.0
    • GameSpy: 5 stars
    • IGN: 9.5
    • 1UP: A

You can read summaries of the reviews, which also have links to the full reviews, from our friends at 1Up.

2. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

Beating elmuerte to it:

Proceed!

3. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

Beating elmuerte to it:

Proceed!

Though I agree with the most of the reviews Gears 2 is well done, I beat the game the other day had fun. MP is great with all my friends, good times and stupid antics from all!

4. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

the game really deserves all those high review scores. it's really well done and except for the occasional stupid bot in mp and accidently going some place where i wasn't supposed to go in gridlock i couldn't find any bugs yet. though i should probably add that i haven't played the game online yet.

my only gripe (and i might have said so somewhere else before) is that imo a little less blood would have been better in some places. especially that huge worm mission :\
    and the chainsaw might be a bit overpowered cause it doesn't really take any time to rev it up again after you've been shot trying to chainsaw someone.

5. KeithZG

KeithZG will forever be nostalgic

Only big bug I've run into so far is one time playing King of the Hill I got hit with a smoke grenae while still in my spawn area, which knocked me down . . . and my character couldn't get up. I had to wait for the end of the round to be able to move again (my team was easily ahead enough though that we won regardless).

6. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Oh please.

How the hell do you expect to chainsaw the ventricles off 3 hears of a supergiant beastie that eats cities without getting visibly soaked in head to foot in the red stuff.

The game's awesome, shame my other half's knee deep in fable2...

7. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

6.6/10 from the Average Joes at Metacritic. That's a strikingly different result than the 9.4/10 it's sitting on from big-name companies. D:

8. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

9. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

that's not what i meant. of course the amount of blood is pretty realistic in that particular mission. but the story wouldn't have suffered if there had only been one heart. so to me the number of hearts seems like an excuse to have this insane amount of blood.

btw - i'm kind of dividing my xbox time between fable 2 and gow 2 as well. excellent games, both of them :)

10. Mia'cova

Mia'cova Oldskool Lurker

Loved the campaign... I'll be playing this one all holidays. Damn fine multiplayer :D

11. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Well-deserved votes. The campaign got improved, and it is really great, easily better than the one in the previous game.

12. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

not really, tbh. Worms have lots of hearts, and man that made frank herbet's creations look a bit small

I've yet to start on fable2, 'tis the mrs that's been at it.