Palin = Fail

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
"I guess being mayor of a small town is... sort of like being a community organizer, except you can be a retard and get away with it."

Lulz, Palin. There are a lot of people that would have voted McCain had he not picked up a moronic set of boobs to pander to the hardcore right and horny ignorants.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I love that the defence from the McCain campaign for her selection was the initial jump in the polls - so much for country first guys :rolleyes:
They were going for the hot girl effect. Like how video games and magazines and whatnot sell themselves with hot girls on the cover. The content inside is rarely worth it, but it doesn't matter so long as you buy it.

It would have worked too, but they made the grave mistake of letting her open her mouth in public. :x

Of course, there are rumors on the Internets that McCain was secretly trying to lose the election due to his party's mistreatment of him in the past. Choosing a running mate like Palin is brilliant in that regard. :eek:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I don't believe that he necessarily had much of a choice in the matter.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I love that the defence from the McCain campaign for her selection was the initial jump in the polls - so much for country first guys :rolleyes:
The reasoning goes like this:

• X (because this not specific to one party) is a bit dodgy but will help me get elected.
  • I will be good for the country so anything that helps me get elected will be good for the country.
  • Therefore, X will be good for the country. QED.
Self-belief justifies almost anything.

In not entirely related news, the Glasgow Herald diary notes today that:

The Herald said:
A reader in New York the other day got a flavour of the run-up to the presidential elections when he spotted a T-shirt on sale which stated: "So many righteous right-wing Christians. So few lions."

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Palin was the real problem.
The problem with the McCain campaign was...

... John McCain.

Look at them now - they're trying to dump on the candidate that they chose. That attempt to place the blame alone makes me suspicious of the motivations, or even the legitimacy of these claims. I mean come on... Africa a country?

In defense of Sarah Palin, let me ask any of you this: if you were called by your party's presidential nominee and suddenly thrust into the spotlight with no preparation whatsoever... how would you do? I think it's fair to say that, in retrospect, she wasn't ready for prime-time, but that says more about the failings of John McCain than it does about her.

I'm also still waiting to see his public comments on these anonymous claims. I'm waiting to see if he dismisses them as lies or if he substantiates them and then throws her under the bus.

I know it's fun for some of you who enjoy having an object of political ridicule, but I think the real truth is that any person that far removed from Washington policies and politics might have had just as many blunders. Piling on at this point is just stupid.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
You look handsome in your white knights armor hal. :lol:

But no seriously, McCain made a lot of mistakes, Palin being one of them. She should have tried harder and did a lot to not help herself and McCain. Its water under the bridge now as far as i'm concerned.