New guns.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
More guns that I now own.

pic0346rw9.jpg

pic0354af6.jpg

pic0369jg9.jpg

1210898557284no7.jpg

1210904276843ba7.jpg

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I give it a C. Awful photography, but the guns make it cool enough not to fail.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Ok what do whe have here? Synthetic stocked M1A (IMO they look better in wood), and a brand spanking new AK clone (and damn sexy in that wood), but has the stock work on that AK even been finished yet? It looks like raw wood, you should look into getting a stock finishing kit and rub copious amounts of Linseed Oil into it. Their quite nice but i think the AK would look better if the pistol grip on it was a wood finish too.

You really need to clean up that place though, christ i'd be embarrased to bring my guns home to that, but then i treat my guns like a girlfriend (perhaps a little strange, but firearm maintnance and care are a lot better for it). Some photography classes can't hurt either, at least so you can get the focus right.

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
Hey, nice firearms, though I agree with Lethal, the stock on that Kalashnikov looks like unfinished.
Besides that, tidy your place next time before you take a photo of it. ;)

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
Nice. But whats the go with that small mag on the M1?

Also the M1 doesn't look quite right for a Springfeild, not sure why? Is that a Norinco clone?

Cleaned up the living room, but for the record, 95% of that stuff wasn't mine. The only thing I own there is the PS2.

Yeah, the M1A is black fiberglass. There was a identical model in wood, but I dislike wood on firearms. So I'm planning on swapping out the wood furniture on the AK for some black polymer and losing the foregrip. I got the AK unfinished like that and there was another, even more unfinished. And I got it "guerrilla style", it didn't even come with a box or instructions oranything, just "Here's your AK and your forty round mag."

The M1A was opposite, including the original US Army technical manual, various supplements, brochures, etc. And it's not a clone, it's straight from Springfield Armory. But it only came with a 10 round mag. Not really a big deal to me, I plan on getting at least three more mags, along with five or six for the AK.

Now, regarding the weapons themselves, the AK sights suck balls, so I already ordered a Kobra red dot sight. The M1A has those precision irons, so I'll give that a try before I **** around with it.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Well living in the Netherlands, where these weapons aren't allowed, let me say that i wish i owned them.

Like the Samuel L Jackson look btw. :p

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

AFA Member & Beta Team Target
Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
so had problems with the foregrip and mag release?

looks like my yugo AK that I sold to a buddy cept mine had a folding stock. was hell dropping mag cause it fit flush with foregrip when removing it...

I didnt want to deal with swapping foregrip and stock so I sold it and will probably save up to build a Grendel. the folding stock dug into my shoulder bad, always left the range with busted blood vessels in my shoulder.

like the M1 though.

DSC00917new.jpg

here is pretty much all I own now. that and a italian .25 but that is at my pops now, so its pretty much his. although the knife has been replaced with a new gerber torch2

Like the Samuel L Jackson look btw. :p

I look like Samuel L? That's definitely a compliment!

so had problems with the foregrip and mag release?

Only when I attempt a speed change. It's not so bad on the 30 rounders as the 40 rounder I got. That thing is just banana. I'm still probably going to lose it, but for some reason I can't find a decently priced set of black plastic furniture.

looks like my yugo AK that I sold to a buddy cept mine had a folding stock. was hell dropping mag cause it fit flush with foregrip when removing it...

That's an unintentional postive side effect of Century reworking the magwell to accept double-stacks, the mag wobbles a bit, so I can get it out without hassle. The AK is Romanian though.

I didnt want to deal with swapping foregrip and stock so I sold it and will probably save up to build a Grendel. the folding stock dug into my shoulder bad, always left the range with busted blood vessels in my shoulder.

Yeah, I've never been big on ComBloc folding stocks. They are to shoulders as Rick James is to couches.

like the M1 though.

I like it too, but it's a bit expensive to shoot enough. I'm probably more accurate with the AK. 7.62x39 is cheap. Especially when you're buying ****ty, steel-jacketed Russian import hollowpoints (Silverbear).

here is pretty much all I own now. that and a italian .25 but that is at my pops now, so its pretty much his. although the knife has been replaced with a new gerber torch2

Oh... Sub Compact. Is that a .40? I've been looking into something that fits comfortably in my hands and the USP Compact IS. NOT. IT.

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, I've never been big on ComBloc folding stocks. They are to shoulders as Rick James is to couches.

Oh... Sub Compact. Is that a .40? I've been looking into something that fits comfortably in my hands and the USP Compact IS. NOT. IT.

My XD is a 9mm subby, honestly don't care for .40s. thought I would but range time disproved that thought line. basically wanted more ammo to throw down range/into an aggressor over "knock down". besides I load +P hot load bonded JHP. enough force to punch through a windshield without major deformation yet will still mushroom in a soft body.

finished my AR15 a few months ago, finally making my way back to infiltration so I figured I'd post my new lady.

started as:
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

finished for now, EoTech 511 on the way and should be here in a few days along with more USGI stanags and a 3-point sling.
Meet Sandy.
IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Last edited:

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
Well, dual colored guns are not really my taste, but apart from that it looks really nice. Do you consider replacing the aperture(?) rear sight with a red dot sight?

heh, I used to not be a fan of anything outside of an Evil Black Rifle but after awhile I got tired of it and so I went with Flat Dark Earth furniture. my concealed carry is all black but as for my AR, i'll only be carrying it on my property and if Zombies attack so I decided in favor of some color.

I have an EoTech 511 ordered, it should be here tomorrow or thursday.
http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=10&cat=4
but I'm going to duracoat the lens hood in Flat Dark Earth.

later this year I'll get a 3x magnifier on a flip-to-side mount behind it.

I will not remove my back-up-iron-sights(BUIS) though, they will always be the failsafe. which is why I have a gasblock with flip front sight. that way with an eotech or aimpoint reddot I wont co-witness with iron sights.
here is a picture with both BUIS down. hmmm and my bolt open, I just noticed that...
IMG_0357.jpg

http://www.kiesler.com/defense/productdetail.aspx?cat=2105&pid=21728
along the right column is basically what mine will total out to look like, the eotech and magnifier that is. not the m203 gren launcher...

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Nice - I'd even think the 40mm would a bit ruin the line. Man, it's moments like these I wished I'd live in the US or Switzerland - but when I think of some of the poeple I meet everyday here in Austria I'm sometimes glad those don't carry guns [and they're probably glad I don't carry one too :D]

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Nice, nice, i've gotten a bit more appreciation for AR rifles lately, i always held the opinion that they were cheap, dirty, pieces of mass produced crap. Seeing & reading about just how good civilian manufactured versions can be, especially with some parts, and their user-friendliness has changed my mind somewhat. However if i were ever able to get on i'd hold out for a model with a full piston, and i'd definately insist on either a free floated fore end or one of those sexy FAL-ised fore ends by Magpul. I'd also go for either a full length solid stock or one of those fancy "SF" style adjustable ones with the compartments and wider surface area at the cheek rest. Optics i'd go for folding backup irons and either a 3-9x40 variable with an 45 degree mini holographic reflex or the Trijicon ACOG with the Doctor mini red dot mounted on top (but i'm leaning more towards the former).

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
Nice, nice, i've gotten a bit more appreciation for AR rifles lately, i always held the opinion that they were cheap, dirty, pieces of mass produced crap. Seeing & reading about just how good civilian manufactured versions can be, especially with some parts, and their user-friendliness has changed my mind somewhat. However if i were ever able to get on i'd hold out for a model with a full piston, and i'd definately insist on either a free floated fore end or one of those sexy FAL-ised fore ends by Magpul. I'd also go for either a full length solid stock or one of those fancy "SF" style adjustable ones with the compartments and wider surface area at the cheek rest. Optics i'd go for folding backup irons and either a 3-9x40 variable with an 45 degree mini holographic reflex or the Trijicon ACOG with the Doctor mini red dot mounted on top (but i'm leaning more towards the former).

The military believes in clean clean clean fire clean clean clean...

not really needed. yes the gas system is a beast for carbon fouling, but the chrome lined barrel and chromed bolt carrier group makes the cleaning easy. the piston conversion for the AR15 platform is gaining more momentum, cuts carbon fouling down to a minimum.

Magpul has done a ton for the AR platform, so much that they have designed there own Masada. the MOE handguards are basically the same version.

as far as stocks, the stadard A2 style stock makes my rifle off balance, it is too heavy and bulky. I like the Magpul CTR stock cause it has a friction lock that keeps vibrations and rattling down to almost 0. 1 problem with most ARs is that you cannot have a raised cheekweld unless you have a bench rifle. the charging handle is too low and extends to far out to allow a cheekweld. the voltr stock has checkweld extenders but not risers. as far as battery storage, I'll be storing my backup batteries in my grip(when I get a VFG i'll store them there and keep an extra bolt and firing pin in my grip.)

I love the Acogs, they are the greatest 4x magnifier out there. the only problem is that most cost the same as or more than it cost me to build my rifle. I can get an accupoint for almost 500 dollars less and have more features. but if money was no object I'd own an Acog or ELCAN.

my buddies AK takes less maintenance and its kinda funny to watch him break it down, but since niether of us are in the Desert or swamp all day long it doesnt matter. he was shocked as how easy it was to break down my 15, also that the only tools I need to assemble it were a mallet, pliers and electrical tape. oh yeah and my spanner wrench to tighten the stock castle nut

[UMC]Boron

UMC's Official Drunkard
Oct 10, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
Well since people are posting pictures of their new guns, here's mine!
[SCREENSHOT]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/266/7/e/M4_Assault_Rifle_by_Warrior732MN.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/266/d/3/M4_Assault_Rifle_VI_by_Warrior732MN.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://fc81.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/266/a/d/M4_Assault_Rifle_V_by_Warrior732MN.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://fc15.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/266/4/b/M4_Assault_Rifle_IV_by_Warrior732MN.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://fc91.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/266/7/e/M4_Assault_Rifle_III_by_Warrior732MN.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://fc30.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/266/e/f/M4_Assault_Rifle_II_by_Warrior732MN.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Details:
Upper
Superior Arms Upper
LMT Bolt carrier assembly
Charging Handle
Badger Ordinance Tac-Latch

Noveske Infidel 13.7" Barrel
Noveske KX3 flash suppressor
Barrel nut kit

Troy Industries 13" Quad Rail
Troy Industries Folding Battle sights
MagPul Ladder rail covers
MagPul rail covers

Lower
SLR15 (Superior Arms) Lower
DPMS Lower Parts Kit
MagPul MAID grip
MagPul MAID enhanced trigger guard
SLR15 Fixed CQB Stock
Daniel Defense sling mount
Break away single point sling

Weapon is Duracoated MagPul Dark Earth. The magazine well is machined with wider tolerances to ensure flawless use with all magazine mfgs., and has a machined grove on the front of the magazine well for grip tape/etc. The lower also has a adjustment to take up trigger travel and the previous owner polished the sear faces for a crisp break.

Last edited:

Lt.Col.BoyHitsCar

Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
love the flaming pig flash suppressor and the Troy BUIS. was going to get them but I decided on gasblock/flipfront sights.

how do you like your superior arms upper? I was looking at a SA striped lower receiver but went with CMMG.

my specs are:

upper:
DTI (Del-Ton Industries)
standard Bolt Carrier group
M4-extended feed ramps
1x9 chrome lined 16" M4 barrel 5.56x45mm w/ M203 notch
standard A2 flash hider
carbine length gas system
YHM gasblock flipfront sight w/ bayonet plug
YHM 4rail free float handguard, carbine length
Magpul XTM rail panels, 2 FDE sets, 1 black set.
Midwest Industries rear back up iron sight.

lower
CMMG lower
CMMG lower parts kit
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul CTR stock, MilSpec buffer tube
Magpul Pmags, both windowed and windowless

Not pictured:
Uncle Mike's 3-point tactical sling
EoTech 511 a65 rev.C (technically not yet received, still in USPS hands)

btw, Boron I swear I've seen your pictures before. you on Ar15.com or XDtalk.com forums?

Last edited: