Too early to ask for UT2010?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
IMO more like never presenting a clear vision for the Franchise.
I don't see what's not clear about a tournament game with no tournament, an offliner's game without a good single-player experience, and an online game with the worst netcode anyone's seen in years.

It makes perfect sense, dammit! :mad:

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
I love playing UT3 WARfare, but I think bringing back the tournament ladder would be a great thing for the game. That would be the best way to learn the game for everyone, intermediate players and n00bs alike.

Campaign is just so ****ing stupid in my opinion. I never got past the stupid story line, flags, and respawner explanations. I know the RPG format is big with games like WoW. The WoW players I know actually think they are real pro and godlike fps gamers. I gave several of them copies of UT2K4 a couple years ago for Xmass. They all said the same things. It's too hard, it's too fast, it makes me dizzy, it gave me a headache. Those same folks are getting UT3 this year.

The tournament ladder was great in UT2K4. That's how I learned the game. Instead, for UT3 they had that crap campaign thing. I skipped it and went straight to instant action and then online. It's easy to see where a new player would just toss UT3 if all they did was play the campaign for a bit, sooo boring.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
It's never too early to ask for anything, but that naming conversion won't work.

No way that any announcements from Epic will be made in this thread. They might say what they are planning for 2010 roughly, but that is too early now I guess.