MSUC Phase 1 Winners Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Uhm, "free labor"? Don't think so. Winners get paid for their work.

Does all that money come straight out of Epic's pockets? It's got Intel's name all over it. If Epic doesn't have to pay for it, it is to them, "free labor" ("running on the ps3 is a big plus" indeed).

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
Really amazing work across the board! Once folks are back from AGDC our intention is to start paying out the prizes immediately!

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Totally... I mean, they host this contest where people can win money and get their foot into the gaming industry. Those greedy bastards!

EDIT: Awesome work (mostly :p) and congratulations to the winners!

I didn't put that tag there, guys.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Gratz to all the winners and especially to "The Ball" team (seriuosly, mod needs a better name :) ), can't wait for Oztoc :tup:

Well "Ballz" was already taken and "The ROund THing that looks realy really Cool" missed by one vote I heard...

Congrats to all the modders for all their hard work n love of the game.

Really amazing work across the board! Once folks are back from AGDC our intention is to start paying out the prizes immediately!

:2thumb::2thumb:

Totally... I mean, they host this contest where people can win money and get their foot into the gaming industry. Those greedy bastards!

EDIT: Awesome work (mostly :p) and congratulations to the winners!

really nice work everyone! and nice to get a check in the mail for it too!!

CTF-React, CTF-Sloth, CTF-Touch and CTF-Safeguard are all on my server and great fun to play :)

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I would really like some feed back.. I know I got therd place.. but is there something I could have done to boost scores? I wanted second or first so bad. Im glad I got 3rd.. just really wish I could have done better. anything from epic or the judges would be nice.. to be honist.. I would just be happy to know Epic enjoy my map :)

PS, my sig has been updated to version 3 quite a difference in atmosphere

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I would really like some feed back.. I know I got therd place.. but is there something I could have done to boost scores? I wanted second or first so bad. Im glad I got 3rd.. just really wish I could have done better. anything from epic or the judges would be nice.. to be honist.. I would just be happy to know Epic enjoy my map :)

PS, my sig has been updated to version 3 quite a difference in atmosphere

I think you've nailed the visuals. Safeguard is a great map, to be sure. I'm pretty sure the layouts just edged you out. React is a bit bigger and has a pretty interesting flow. Touch is a really large map, which is rare in CTF, and there's really just more of it. More is better. :)

It also may have something to do with the fact that React and Touch are both brand new layouts. I'm sure someone from Epic could give you some feedback on that.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
yeh from what iv been told.. seems to be because mine was not a new layout, its not looking good for dreary3 then.. guess ill make something "new" for phase 3. I hope I can get the time... to do something new with dreary level of detail
Im hoping to do well in the best graphics catagorys

Last edited:

-Entropy-

Feb 14, 2008
I think you've nailed the visuals. Safeguard is a great map, to be sure. I'm pretty sure the layouts just edged you out. React is a bit bigger and has a pretty interesting flow. Touch is a really large map, which is rare in CTF, and there's really just more of it. More is better. :)

It also may have something to do with the fact that React and Touch are both brand new layouts. I'm sure someone from Epic could give you some feedback on that.

As usual, hal is right on the money (although size doesn't really matter as long as the layout supports it adequately).

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
So was I mistaken in thinking all creators would recieve feedback on their entries? I still have very little idea what the judges were looking for in the categories I entered so constructive criticism is worth more to me than any prize listed.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
So was I mistaken in thinking all creators would recieve feedback on their entries? I still have very little idea what the judges were looking for in the categories I entered so constructive criticism is worth more to me than any prize listed.

Im hopeing when we get the cheque we will also get a copy of the marking slip