Mutators that the world doesn't need (and that don't need modeling) Part 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, I got reasonably bored today - a condition which usually ends up with me doing something completely useless, which basically also happened today.

In fact I drifted off thinking why there's no Beretta 96FS in Inf yet, I mean it's visually identical to the 92FS - an idiot with 3hrs of UnrealScript experience could do it, which is more or less what happened.

For those who don't know: The Beretta 96FS is the 92FS (aka. M9) chambered for the .40S&W; it comes with a nice 11rd mag - some sources claim 10, but I sticked with the Beretta homepage.

Since I still was bored I also added the 98FS (yes, this really does exist and is not something that came to me in an alcohol induced vision - I think at least..). The 98FS is chambered for the 9x21 IMI and has the same(?) 15rd mag as the 92FS. The 9x21 IMI is primarily used in countries where using the 9x19 is illegal (e.g. Italy) and has a tad more punch than the 9x19 (depending on ammunition used of course) but not really much more.

Since I still am bored (a bit) I'll also upload it here. Perhaps one of the low double digit number of guys/gals still playing needs a break from his/her M9 but likes the visuals :D.

State is "Beta" so it may contain bugs and/or result in unexpected behavior like crashes, HDD formats or an email sent to the DHS claiming you're Al Qaeda member.

PS: Do you have to expect more stuff like this? Perhaps, if I get bored again..
PPS: I'm actually taking suggestions for other mutators that need no modeling, just in case I'm bored again I might need a pool of ideas..

Attachments

• MoreBeretta_Beta50.zip
    21 KB · Views: 38

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
Mmm... I'm wondering about the "11 rounds" mag...
It's not clear if they mean "10 rounds + 1 already chambered" or they mean "11 rounds + 1 chambered"
There is a relevant difference!!!

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2169737 said:
Mmm... I'm wondering about the "11 rounds" mag...
It's not clear if they mean "10 rounds + 1 already chambered" or they mean "11 rounds + 1 chambered"
There is a relevant difference!!!

Their web presence cleary stated 11 as magazine capacity - for the 92FS they state 15, which is that way in Inf so it must also be so in Real Life :D.

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
sure, I went reading their site, and I read as well "11", but still my point remains valid.
According to my knowledge anyway, it should be "11+1" IRL...

XClutchX

Jan 22, 2008
Uhmm... The mag holds 11.. So unless you load one, then put a full mag in.... I don't know...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
[5thSFG]Mitchell;2169759 said:
sure, I went reading their site, and I read as well "11", but still my point remains valid.
According to my knowledge anyway, it should be "11+1" IRL...
Well, where I come from magazine capacity refers to the number of rounds you can get into a mag. The fact that all weapons can carry an extra round chambered (and most weapons are allowed to do so) doesn't influcence the mag capacity.

Going mag+1 is actually not that absurd; you may or may not need the extra round, but when you do a tactical reload you usually end up with mag+1 - unless you bought H&K MP5s in which case the manufacturer explicitly states that having a full mag plus one in the chamber may damage the system or mag or so, so you're taught to eject the chambered round on reload..

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
one thing would be nice, displaying the caliber of the ammo used like 92fs 9x21IMI
92fs .40s&w m9 9x19para or short 9x19p

damn we are in bad need of glock and sig sauer pistols :D since they are used as service weapons in many countries, the dutch use glock 17 pistols dutch SF also have sig sauer p226 in use and there are also some revolvers in use cal .357 magnum with armour piercing ammo to stop vehicles by destroying the engine these were used by anti terror units of the KCT

those KCT people are lucky they get to test alot of the new goodies first like the hk 416 and hk 417 rifles and the upgraded service rifles c7a1/ c8a1 with rails all over, forehand grips with intergrated bipod and advanced optics from aimpoint/ thales optonics/( elcan scopes are still in use too)
the dutch marine corps also gets new toys as well as the regular army and air force and navy

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
This sounds interesting. So how about that AKs-74u? The model and skins are already ingame, and last time i checked the skin for the plastic magazine is still there too. Essentially all you "should" have to do is change the damage stats and tell it to summon the old magazine.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
This sounds interesting. So how about that AKs-74u? The model and skins are already ingame, and last time i checked the skin for the plastic magazine is still there too. Essentially all you "should" have to do is change the damage stats and tell it to summon the old magazine.

Sir, the AKS74U would require new sounds, a different 3rd person model (at least) since the mag of the 5.45x39 is less curved than the one of the 7.62x39, plus new ballistics and very difficul decisions which ammo to use (7N10? 7N22?).

Having said that I can neither confirm nor deny that I'm currently in any process phase of implementing an AKS74U for Inf.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Having said that I can neither confirm nor deny that I'm currently in any process phase of implementing an AKS74U for Inf.

;) I think thats the code words i needed to hear!

Well really there's not to much difference, and i'd be quite happy to recycle the ingame model and anims. Sounds are easy, theres so many sounds recycled ingame, plus didn't they change the sounds of the AKMSU at some point? As for the curve of the magazine, isn't it only the 40rd magazine that's longer and less curved? I always thought the 30rd magazine was almost identical in general shape to the AKM magazine. As for ammo, probably the newer revised ammo, as i seem to remember initially the 5.45x39mm ammo had a pretty poor killing capability, so the round was revised to fragment more. Or some-such.

[5thSFG]Mitchell

unexpected guest
Jul 17, 2008
Rome, Italy
As for ammo, probably the newer revised ammo, as i seem to remember initially the 5.45x39mm ammo had a pretty poor killing capability, so the round was revised to fragment more. Or some-such.

FWIK, the 5.45x39mm isn't a good ammo, because it's small and heavier protections can resist to some bullets, while the 7.62x39 are heavier and their pierce force is a lot bigger.
That's why Russian SOF wanted a small weapon which featured back the 7.62. :rolleyes:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
As for the curve of the magazine, isn't it only the 40rd magazine that's longer and less curved? I always thought the 30rd magazine was almost identical in general shape to the AKM magazine. As for ammo, probably the newer revised ammo, as i seem to remember initially the 5.45x39mm ammo had a pretty poor killing capability, so the round was revised to fragment more. Or some-such.

Wrong and wrong. The 5.45 30rd Mag is definetly less curved - and the 5.45x39 doesn't actually have worse killing capability than the 7.62x39, since it starts to tumble earlier and both rounds don't fragment (reliably) IIRC. So basically the 5N7 and the 7N6 cause damage comparable to non-fragmentig 5.56, while the 7N10 is an Enhanched Penetration round and the 7N22 an Armor Piercing one - both cause damage comparable to the predecessors, but perform better against body armor, being comparable to the M855 and M955 respectively. The 7N10 is standard issue since about 1992 if my research was correct..

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
there are also high cap 60 rnd mags available same length as the 30 rnd mags, but almost twice the thickness, you can get them in various colours like dark brown /dark grey.
the 40 rnd mags were only manyfactured for the rpk 74 as far as i know

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
there are also high cap 60 rnd mags available same length as the 30 rnd mags, but almost twice the thickness, you can get them in various colours like dark brown /dark grey.
the 40 rnd mags were only manyfactured for the rpk 74 as far as i know

According to AK47.net the common 5.45 magazine types are 30rd (really common), 45rd (common for RPK), 40rd (not so common). They list the 60rd as "exotic", meaning there were very few produced - let alone in service. I'd be pretty unsure about their reliability too.

Now could we steer this thread a bit back on topic?

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Snakeye... if you´re still "hot" on creating new weapons mutators (that doesn´t need modelling), could you make the GSh-18 mutator, so the ruskie lover can have a "red" pistol with AP ammo to add to the loadouts?

As I´ve requested this before, it could use the 5-7 model, the changes would be the 18 bullet mag and a greater damage (9x19mm PBP) and AP effect (just like you did to AKS74u mutator)... a proper sound would be nice but not mandatory!

Are you up to the challenge?

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Corporal_Lib[BR];2172811 said:
Snakeye... if you´re still "hot" on creating new weapons mutators (that doesn´t need modelling), could you make the GSh-18 mutator, so the ruskie lover can have a "red" pistol with AP ammo to add to the loadouts?

As I´ve requested this before, it could use the 5-7 model, the changes would be the 18 bullet mag and a greater damage (9x19mm PBP) and AP effect (just like you did to AKS74u mutator)... a proper sound would be nice but not mandatory!

I'm sorry but the GSh-18 doesn't look similar enough to the FiveseveN for me to consider doing it, unless it was modeled and animated properly. Unless there's a version that's not depicted on world.guns.ru and that does look more similar to the FiveseveN..

Last edited: