Ouch!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RacingCoyote

Jul 27, 2008
Hi guys!

How have you all been? It's seems like it's been forever since I dusted off my copy of UnWheel and played. It's probably been about a year and a half now... I missed you guys ('specially JACK and steven... hope you guys have been doing well!)

I missed the whole forum crash thing and it no longer recognized my email addy so I had to register a new forum account. Of course, since the names Coyote (my in-game-name) and LinuxCoyote (my old Beyond Unreal account) were taken, I had to come up with a new name. Since I no longer game under Linux, I figured the name RacingCoyote was better given that the only Beyond Unreal forum I ever visit is this one. ;)

I'm really happy to see some action porting things to UT3! I bought UT3 the day it came out and after playing through the single player campaign, never fired it up again... I've been back to UT2004 a few times this year though since some of my favorite custom assault maps have shown up on a server with actual players on it. ::gasp!:: It's amazing how much the online gaming scene can change in the course of the year...

If you guys are looking for beta testers for UnWheel2, you can definitely add my name to the roster! I'd love an excuse to try this stuff out on UT3 since it was so much fun on UT2004. I'm actually really curious about the physics engine and how "realistically" it simulates car dynamics. I'd also love to know a bit more about how the bots are programmed since one of the things that UnWheel really was missing was decent bots to race against.

Last edited:

RacingCoyote

Jul 27, 2008
Wow... I just did some more poking around and so I guess that the BeyondUnreal crash wiped out all posts from sometime in the middle of 2006 all through 2007 or something?

That's pretty much the time that I was active in these forums. I can't find any postings from my old username. It's as if I never even existed here.... talk about an unsettling feeling.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
Wow... I just did some more poking around and so I guess that the BeyondUnreal crash wiped out all posts from sometime in the middle of 2006 all through 2007 or something?

That's pretty much the time that I was active in these forums. I can't find any postings from my old username. It's as if I never even existed here.... talk about an unsettling feeling.

wow....8 post.....:rolleyes:
Hi Coyote:wavey:

RacingCoyote

Jul 27, 2008
Great to hear from you guys! My job and a second kid have pretty much killed my gaming habit. I still hop on once in a while though...

I still can't believe that all my posts are trashed AND to add insult to injury, I can't even use my old handle. I don't suppose it's even worth my time trying to contact someone about it? I mean, the posts are ALL gone aren't they?

RacingCoyote

Jul 27, 2008
wow....8 post.....:rolleyes:
Hi Coyote:wavey:

Bwa ha ha ha. :lol: You guys crack me up. As we all know from years on teh internitz that post count is the most accurate measurement of manhood. :eek:

Seriously though, how did you guys get your accounts back? Did I just lose mine because ALL of my activity and even my join date happened between the dates of when they lost all of the postings?

Is there any posted information on what actually happened to the machines that caused the failure (fire, computer exploded, dog kickec power plug...)?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Dunno, my account was always here. I think a hard-drive crashed out or something, and then a couple more or some crazy ****