UT3 storyline

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
1. He wasn't ranting, he was thoroughly explaining his point of view and stating what I would think are rather clear cut facts and not opinions. The characters ARE stereotyped.
2. "minor insignificant stuff"?
3. "rave"?

And it was thoroughly boring rant. I do those too sometimes. And ofcourse it his opinions. This isn't a debate about physics.

The Characters ARE stereotyped.
Yeah, Even I agreed with that. Whoopy dee doo Einstein! Is it the end of the world?

To rant and rave is an expression maybe you're not familiar with. It means long boring speeches and tirades about stuff that doesn't really matter, throwing a big fuss over nothing. :)

Though apparently, the height of wit is to attack me through tags *claps hands* Buala Bos!! Bravo, the Genius of it....

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
derailing the thread back to it's previous snafu

No, it wasn't you that failed in making the joke, it was Trynant that failed in understanding it. :p

World of difference, my friend!

On the contrary, I got the joke immediately. So immediately that I thought that it wasn't a joke, because of just how ridiculously simple it was.

BTW, is it worth playing the campaign mode at all? I've played through all of the stock maps, is there any incentive to do this for the story? My previous encounters with the game indicate "no" :(

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
All I have to say is that the Anubans are not black ... not by any stretch of the imagination (if you want to see what Epic considers black characters get UT2K4 and take a look at the Anubans (Anubans and Nakhti are the same) vs Malcolm, Othello, Jacob, the black female characters and its not one "jive-talking" black as you elequently put it its three (and the bots that use the Othello voice of course) ...Malcolm, Othello, and Gus (and these are the characters that are pretty important to their respective games) . I don't even know where you mind is at if you think Anubis is black. You really are confused man. Also you are really showing your ignorance if you don't read what I say and try to comment on it, as I said in a previous post this is with the new generation of Epic games starting with Gears that this issue started .. I even pointed out how Malcolm was fine in UC2 and I didn't understand why he changed. You know what man since you are really starting to show you are just someone who has no clue what they are attempting to debate and you can't be bothered to read what someone says (so you won't look stupid as well out of respect if you are going to debate someone) I think I will just leave you alone altogether.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Man Anuban is always bitching about something.

Why do you have to be a troll ... first off what you say is BS. And second off it just goes to show you mature you are to post something so unnecessary only to start problems. You are definitely not even worth my time. People like you I just put on the ignore list so I don't have to hear your worthless garbage. Learn to contribute to a discussion intelligently (or at least make some attempt) or simply keep your crap to yourself. By the way what have you done for the community? Remind me ... I forget. Oh you know what don't bother ... I won't see what you have to say anyway.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Ooook...

The irony of this guy's sig is amazing (I'll just assume I'm on his 'ignore' list already)....

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
And it was thoroughly boring rant. I do those too sometimes. And ofcourse it his opinions. This isn't a debate about physics.

The Characters ARE stereotyped.
Yeah, Even I agreed with that. Whoopy dee doo Einstein! Is it the end of the world?

To rant and rave is an expression maybe you're not familiar with. It means long boring speeches and tirades about stuff that doesn't really matter, throwing a big fuss over nothing. :)

Though apparently, the height of wit is to attack me through tags *claps hands* Buala Bos!! Bravo, the Genius of it....

Again, you're sidetracking off topic AGAIN. This time you're onto physics. When did I say physics?

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Again, you're sidetracking off topic AGAIN. This time you're onto physics. When did I say physics?

If you're too stupid to understand the point I was making, don't bother replying.

As for accusing me of being OFF TOPIC, lol - This is supposed to be thread about UT3 storyline, not whether Epic are stereotyping racists planning the next holocaust. To to be fair to me, I did deal with that subject and have given it enough time already.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
again, trying to cut this crap

If you're too stupid to understand the point I was making, don't bother replying.

It's pretty stupid to call other people stupid when you're only reading posts that are shorter than 8 lines long.

Seriously you're really acting like a troll with some flamebait. Does this thread really need to devolve into personal attacks, Hitler comparisons, and bickering over racial stereotypes in video-games? FFS there's more to the story than just that the black character is a stereotypical one.

Isn't there some better subject to discuss in this thread?

As for accusing me of being OFF TOPIC, lol - This is supposed to be thread about UT3 storyline, not whether Epic are stereotyping racists planning the next holocaust. To to be fair to me, I did deal with that subject and have given it enough time already.
:tup:

Last edited:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
It's pretty stupid to call other people stupid when you're only reading posts that are shorter than 8 lines long.

Seriously you're really acting like a troll with some flamebait. Does this thread really need to devolve into personal attacks, Hitler comparisons, and bickering over racial stereotypes in video-games? FFS there's more to the story than just that the black character is a stereotypical one.

Isn't there some better subject to discuss in this thread?

Well, He is stupid! He clearly didn't get the point.

I wasn't too keen on reading Anuban wall of text - because the arguments in the first half of it didn't impress me enough to even finish. I've only so much patience, esp for nitpicking.

Accusing me of being a troll is bit silly, since I'm actually trying to keep this thread on topic and have contributed lots of relevant and productive posts.

*Neilthecellist feels its necessary ever so often to have a go at gregori* :)

I'm more concerned that the storyline for UT3 was fairly poor and just non-sense, which ruins the SP experience. I don't expect UT to be the most story filled game, but at least a competent attempt that makes sense would do. The player character is really boring.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Holy ****, I didn't check the thread for a while and I can't stop wondering now. :eek::lol:

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .

I wasn't too keen on reading Anuban wall of text - because the arguments in the first half of it didn't impress me enough to even finish. I've only so much patience, esp for nitpicking.

Accusing me of being a troll is bit silly, since I'm actually trying to keep this thread on topic and have contributed lots of relevant and productive posts.

I'm more concerned that the storyline for UT3 was fairly poor and just non-sense, which ruins the SP experience. I don't expect UT to be the most story filled game, but at least a competent attempt that makes sense would do. The player character is really boring.

:lol:

EDIT: Look at what you did... to yourself! :lol:

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
yes I'm quite aware of the hypocracy thank you very much

Followed by
Accusing me of being a troll is bit silly,
Inflammatory personal attacks, while technically isn't trolling, is pretty damn bad etiquette.

Nevertheless
[/quote] since I'm actually trying to keep this thread on topic and have contributed lots of relevant and productive posts.[/quote]
While you did make some productive posts several pages back, the last few posts have been back and forth heated arguments about something all-but irrelevant to the story that resulted in inflammatory remarks on both sides. Although you're getting back to posting about the story itself, so hey at least this isn't being drawn out. Much :(

If you're going to respond to something, be smart enough to at least read the thing. If it's not worth your time, just ignore it.

I think it's just being dismayed at the direction of your posts. Some personal attacks are being made and that just ain't cool dawg.

Enough of this crap. We obviously share different opinions and there's a slim chance that my ranting about your posts is going to change those opinions.

Back on topic:
While the story is laughably bad (seriously, how many comics have been made about it?), that honestly doesn't concern me as much as the framework of the story. There are 6 or 7 cutscenes in the game, but there seems to be over a hundred levels dividing these cutscenes apart. To me that's far worse than having a mediocre plot.

And again, I point to Unreal Championship 2 to show a good example of how to make good singleplayer in a UT/UC game.

And yes, I agree that UT's campaign should be focused around the tournament, not some weird war.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
I think it's just being dismayed at the direction of your posts.

Not true. Ever since I've joined BuF, he thinks its his job to make an example of me or prove some type of crappy point against me. It's very sad.

While the story is laughably bad (seriously, how many comics have been made about it?), that honestly doesn't concern me as much as the framework of the story. There are 6 or 7 cutscenes in the game, but there seems to be over a hundred levels dividing these cutscenes apart. To me that's far worse than having a mediocre plot.

And again, I point to Unreal Championship 2 to show a good example of how to make good singleplayer in a UT/UC game.

And yes, I agree that UT's campaign should be focused around the tournament, not some weird war.

I think they could have done both - A Tournament Ladder with CTF, DM, TDM, Challlenge! After completing that a Warfare/Invasion/Assault ladder would open - a prelude to the tournament!

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Not true. Ever since I've joined BuF, he thinks its his job to make an example of me or prove some type of crappy point against me. It's very sad.

Sure. I guess that explains why Anuban has issues with you too.

And Leo.

And Trynant.

Funny how you troll us, but when we try reasoning with you, you call us out, cry foul and expect us to be portrayed as the guilty ones. :eek:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Sure. I guess that explains why Anuban has issues with you too.

And Leo.

And Trynant.

Funny how you troll us, but when we try reasoning with you, you call us out, cry foul and expect us to be portrayed as the guilty ones. :eek:

Why they may have a genuine argument with me and are being honest, they don't opportunistically try to attack me in every thread possible. Trynant, Leo and Anuban don't do that. Personally, I thought that Epic uses stereotypes to be a trivial problem compared to all the other problems this game has.

You however have made it your job to be a annoying pain in that ass and have a personal go at me over the years so...

If you're not adding to this thread, go elsewhere. Funny how you're accusing me of being a troll and haven't being adding anything productive in the last page.

Last edited: