Your favourite thing in UT3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Man, another tough thread! I'm having a really hard time nailing down what makes me like UT3 so much. It's a lot of things, but the art direction, for me, is that makes the experience so enjoyable. I used to absolutely hate the clownish characters and voices of UT2, and the awful sounds for the weapons (pew! pew!). UT3 just gives the impression of unity and coherency, and that is what makes the rest of the great gameplay, vehicles, maps, weapons, and so on hold together so well.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I like TDM and CTF again \o/ And now I hate the vehekalz. :eek: It's like the opposite of UT2004 for me.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
The running of the persons with the thing and the GLAYVIN!

No but really, the new feel of moving around the world is definately the biggest improovement for me, your avatar feels more like a real person running about, and less like an RC car with a camera attached scooting around on smooth tarmac.

The movement mostly for me ... yes i agree with what has been said before it makes you feel like you are weighted with armor and wepons ... good stuff. Gameplay is great aswell as the look and feel of the maps ....

Oh i also forgot to mention the heat affects from explosions and weapons .... love it

Last edited:

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
The running of the persons with the thing and the GLAYVIN!

QFT +1.

Glayvin indeed, my friend.

I like the modding potential.

Though I love UT3 anyway.

Only thing wrong with it gameplay wise? Deck. Thank goodness Deck-FPS exists or my poor graphics card would have been burnt up in Deck's awesome slime effects.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
The lack of shock tape and or pew pew.

But seriously: The powerup system. If in that you include, both how the armors work, and the ability of the Hammer to knock ups off people. It's genius.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Didn't we already have a thread like this? Oh well.

My favorite thing in UT3 is the editor as well, which has produced some very wonderful maps for the game.

I did actually do a quick search but I dont think we have had a thread like this unless it got lost.

I like TDM and CTF again \o/ And now I hate the vehekalz. :eek: It's like the opposite of UT2004 for me.

Im hearing ya!

I must admit the movement is a big one for me as well, I love how the character feels more like a character (not a floating camera) when you land after a dodge or after a longer fall. Its still manvuerable while being heavy at the same time so Epic did well with the middleground on that one, I think its both the movement and the camera work which help.

hilo_

Jan 19, 2008
The one that encourages ShockBall spam in close range combat, yes. :|

Yes, because large, slow-moving projectiles tend to work best when used sparingly from long distance
:p

and flack solves, btw.