5 years is a long hiatus...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Just thought I'd swing in and see who is still breathing. Any old timers around these days? The lack of off-topic nonsense and flame wars makes this place kind of feel like a ghost board.:violin:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Dunno if I count as old timer, but I still am around near daily - feeling a tad like visiting a graveyard at the moment. Basically I tend to blame the last forum crash for the recent inactivity. Before there always was some kind of traffic - granted, not without periods of complete inactivity for a day or two - but now it seems like the days of inactivity increase. Perhaps someone should start a nice flame-war topic, something like "5 reasons H&K weapons suck donkey butt" or "The US of A should give up their autonomy and either rejoin the UK or merge with Mexico".

Actually the last nonsense thread was closed because of trolling - though it was more like the remaining crowd giving a wanna-be troll advice how to troll properly.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Actually the last nonsense thread was closed because of trolling - though it was more like the remaining crowd giving a wanna-be troll advice how to troll properly.

Lolz, yeah, but i never got to get my last 2 cents in. I just wish it got moved to Off Topic instead of locked.

BTW, i know i'm not an old timer by any strech(sp?), but i have notced a few oldier appearing over in the General Discussion area, and a few more organised matches popping up too it seems.

(unless it's all a clever ruse solely to get me trying to play online as an extremely late and distasteful April Fools joke)

Last edited:

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Hey chronic, good to see yet another vet come back. A few old-timers have popped in recently, but this place has been pretty dead since the latest crash, as Snakeyes said.

I haven't been on IRC for about 2 years, but there's a few members of the old IRC gang still in #inf apparently.

Black.cat

May 11, 2006
Michigan
I'm no old timer, but I've been around for some time now. Anyways... things are not what they use to be. There are a few matches happening this weekend on the SG servers. Should be some good'ol INF fun :)

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Unless I have misunderstood it's not organised matches (which could mean a scrimage) so much as Saturday or Sunday being Inf night and everyone is welcome to play. Noone kicked me off the server last week anyway.

As for these boards... I know offtopic was always it's own thing to a certain extent but the whole thing looked pretty
deadhorse2.gif
even before the last big crash. To me anyway. Compared to boards for games that aren't deceased, expired or inhumed at any rate.

Last edited:

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Hey OICW, hey Hadmar. Sad to see so little activity, but the fact that a few servers are up is a good sign. Unfortunately I am now stuck with a laptop which I doubt would run UT. This pos would probably lag playing doom. Glad to recognize a few names and see you guys keeping it alive.

BTW, didn't we get rid of this shining wizard **** and his gay ass pictures once before? Take a hike numbnuts.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Unless I have misunderstood it's not organised matches (which could mean a scrimage) so much as Saturday or Sunday being Inf night and everyone is welcome to play. Noone kicked me off the server last week anyway.

You are right, they are open matches. The more the merrier. We'll be doing them every weekend.

Hope you can join again.

Shan

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
BTW, didn't we get rid of this shining wizard **** and his gay ass pictures once before? Take a hike numbnuts.
As it turned out, your campaign of posting Fark image macros, stealing insults from Maddox, and engaging in "The Internet is Serious Business" 4chanesque shenanigans* failed to a "get rid of this shining asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk" on an Internet video game forum.

For what it's worth, you were able to "get rid of" Code. Make sure you note this on your résumé, right under "unƒuckwithable."

*See: Uprising of the BMA.