UT3 Hackers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jaydee

A Hastily Thrown-Together Bit of Zork
Jan 19, 2008
Australia
There is so many of them, no protection. Anti-cheat protection should be a lot greater, the Australian hacking community in UT3 is bursting. Websites and clans dedicated to rape the fun for others.

What is it like every where else?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
+/-1 'n words.

I only encountered one person with God Mode online, in a public server.

Last edited:

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
I didn't see any cheater online at all.

+1

That, and I'm from Australia. So I don't see what you're going on about. Perhaps be more specific. Which gametypes have you seen the abundance of hax0rz on?

What I have seen however, are a lot of n00bs accusing players with good aim of being botters.

Last edited:

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
What I have seen however, are a lot of n00bs accusing players with good aim of being botters.

+1

I've only seen one or two. The Multiplay servers ban quite a few people but i've never seen them myself. I play Duel on private servers though so it's not surprising i dont know about it.

dura1198

Feb 18, 2008
I have personally experienced 2 incidents where people were using an aimbot. Both times, however, the player was making no attempt to hide this as his player name was some clever use of the word aimbot and/or radar. For the most part though I'd have to say it seems pretty clean online - just not many people playing.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah I cant say Ive seen any hackers and Im in Aus as well! I was suspicious of acouple of people but mainly because they were very good at aiming or locking down a map, doesnt mean they are hacking though.

I would suggest noting the names of the people and the server you are on and emailing the server provider/admin. Let them sort it out if they want to keep these people off their servers if they are indeed cheating, which is another thing they can check out.

The skill gap in UT3 is still pretty large, I mean Im not a really good player but I can hold my own but there is still occasions where I can almost lock people out of frags and there have been people doing the same to me.

Some people are just really good on certain maps, there has been acouple of incidents where I was getting killed alot without even being able to see who shot me, I can understand being frustrated over that. No need to accuse people of cheating though unless there is actually proof :cool:

rythem

Feb 13, 2008
I saw a lot of blatant cheating in the demo. Since then however I havn't seen one. Maybe thats because there is a maximum of about 50 players online at any given time.