UT3.5 or UT4?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rythem

Feb 13, 2008
epic already stated (for the most part) they will be doing ut4 for consoles only

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
epic already stated (for the most part) they will be doing ut4 for consoles only

Wow, I musta missed that announcement!

I agree with JohnDoe641 though, Im hoping UT3 will be on the boards for a good while yet.

Should really make this a poll and perhaps add a 2k4-2 or UC3 option as well :lol: honestly if I had to pick something unreal related it would be unreal 3.

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
UT3.5 would be best, that is, a UT2004 to UT3's UT2003. Won't happen though, because it's a smash hit on consoles so they'll probably attempt to milk UT3 dry. Then again, you could use the same argument and say that they might want to milk it dry by releasing another UT for this generation.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

And where did you hear this bit of information? I recall epic saying that the next ENGINE was going to be geared towards consoles. That does not signify that the next UT will be console only.

As for the next UT, let this one last HOPEFULLY for the next 5 or so years before a new one is announced. Granted if the player counts dont get any better, I am sure another one will be announced sooner than later. In the end its Epics decision.

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
Hey guys! I would love for UT3 to last a long while but that's just not going to happen without a nice big bonus pack with a ton of new features, maps, models, etc...basically UT3.5

I'm just curious as to the route EPIC might choose to go with this game, let it die while readying for UE4 sequel in 2012 (on whatever platform) or a re-release with the features they promised. Little free map packs is GREAT, I loved the recent one even though it wasn't even finished (like UT3), but they're not going to help this game much if at all in my opinion. Anyway, I vote for UT3.5 It's simply a must to put the series back in the spotlight.

Oh and they never said anything about UT4 or consoles or anything relating the two.

Last edited:

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
And where did you hear this bit of information? I recall epic saying that the next ENGINE was going to be geared towards consoles. That does not signify that the next UT will be console only.

If the focus of their engine and the way UT3 has turned out is any indication of where their minds are, UT4 will most likely be even more consolized than this one.

Translation: Suck.

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
So you are saying UT3.5 as an expansion? or a second title like UT2004?

hmm...Not sure honestly lol. I guess personally, I wish they'd release it as a second title giving it the chance to be popular again cause as of right now, we are about as popular online as the BF2 demo (according to gamespy). Maybe it's just me, but I had very very high hopes for this game. Anyway I actually got the idea for this thread from an article posted over at planetunreal about the future of UT and the author is wondering the same thing.

A free bonus pack won't raise as much heads I think but I hope I'm wrong as that is the most likely scenario.

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
Well if they do make another ut i promise to my self i wont get as excited...such a waste of my time

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
Dude, if Epic did something like Quake Live, that'd be tits. Just rerelease 2k4 or UT99 like id is doing for Quake 3.